Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EKEN - Warning Cloud Mining Scam  (Read 366 times)
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:34:41 AM

very fishy, the price is too good to be true and they doesnt show their mining farm even with photos or videos. 1 TH/S just for $30 lol.

Oh anyway i found this https://www.facebook.com/eken.io/posts/2377715798922669 they will live stream their mining data center.  Roll Eyes
Probably a camera pointed at monitor or fake videos Roll Eyes
Gotta give them applause for trying though.
I expect like clean office lol. I wait them to live stream but i dont see they do it on their page until now.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:06:20 AM

Please just to warn people a new cloud mining company listed on Crypto Compare EKEN Cloud Mining.

SHA-256 for 1/10th of the price, lifetime if you buy 100th/s and maintenance free for life. That alone was a dead giveway.

Fake Address it is only area code and area, only company in the world mining bitcoin with Scrypt, constant 24 Hour "specials" claims hardware 2 years old and they got "in cheap" bwahaha.

ANYWAY, please please please do not buy it's just another brand spanking new cloud mining scam this time called EKEN.

PS: Cryptocompare comments the positive comments, 80% of people all seem to have registered on 8/03/2018, a whoppping 8 days after the website was registered what a luck lol.
A well deserve situation you should've done it when you were still planning not after investing all i could say you're ignorant even you didn't know what you were doing it still needs guidance from others to verify/identify some flaws.
Cloud mining is strongly avoided by wise investors and speculators.
dafkid

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:53:44 PM

just to show you all guys im sure they are scam. Both site is exactly same..

https://eken.io/contact
https://yominers.com/contact
saffacoin (OP)

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:56:50 AM

Thanks for the link to yominers it's probably a copy for future use...

Cryptocompare briefly removed them for about a week or so but they are back with SPONSORED company space and a message in the header from Cryptocompare:

"We have received several complaints from our users, regarding EKEN - a cloud mining company. In the last weeks, our team was in direct contact with the company that provides cloud mining services to EKEN and we can confirm the company has the mining material as well as the validity of the contracts concluded between the two companies. CryptoCompare has no reasons to distrust this company, but in any case, please do your due diligence when dealing with any cryptocurrency-related service."

I'm a bit surprised that Cryptocompare cannot do the math on this one. A new deal, 50 TH/s for $1199 listed as a contract with 41 days payback. HOLYMOLY... lol. I think anybody with little know of mining industry knows you cannot buy mining equipment on industrial or commercial scale for that price. Even if you purchased 1000 ph/s equipment you will still not pay that per TH/s based on their 50 TH/s price.

It has dawned on me that if comparison websites and people alike does not see the logic then all we can do is let them become another statistic. LOL.

May the hashpower be with all of you! (the real and not fake hashpower lol)
saffacoin (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:04:43 AM

just to show you all guys im sure they are scam. Both site is exactly same..

https://eken.io/contact
https://yominers.com/contact

Thanks for this, no doubt about it...

YOMINERS Scam
EKEN Mining Scam

Same people pulling a ponzi scheme scam.

Thanks for sharing!
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:09:09 PM

Most cloud mining sites are scam and people are either ignorant about warning signs and invest or they simply don't invest.
Damn it....I just invested some and will watch over them now. Thanks for the warning. I hope I saw it before.
Do you really need someone to tell you that you should think before investing?  Roll Eyes
bobbh

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:00:11 PM

Thanks for the link to yominers it's probably a copy for future use...

Cryptocompare briefly removed them for about a week or so but they are back with SPONSORED company space and a message in the header from Cryptocompare:

"We have received several complaints from our users, regarding EKEN - a cloud mining company. In the last weeks, our team was in direct contact with the company that provides cloud mining services to EKEN and we can confirm the company has the mining material as well as the validity of the contracts concluded between the two companies. CryptoCompare has no reasons to distrust this company, but in any case, please do your due diligence when dealing with any cryptocurrency-related service."

I'm a bit surprised that Cryptocompare cannot do the math on this one. A new deal, 50 TH/s for $1199 listed as a contract with 41 days payback. HOLYMOLY... lol. I think anybody with little know of mining industry knows you cannot buy mining equipment on industrial or commercial scale for that price. Even if you purchased 1000 ph/s equipment you will still not pay that per TH/s based on their 50 TH/s price.

It has dawned on me that if comparison websites and people alike does not see the logic then all we can do is let them become another statistic. LOL.

May the hashpower be with all of you! (the real and not fake hashpower lol)

Unfortunately, I was an idiot and got taken down for one of their 'promo' scams about a month ago.  Fortunately, they raised the price or else I would have gotten scammed for worse. Angry  For me, the scam was official on about 4/6, when I tried to initiate a withdrawal and of course, it's been deliberately ignored and status shows as 'pending', although the funds have been removed from my account.  Searching the bitcoin blockchain for the destination address, of course, turns up nothing.  I believe the Ponzi scheme ended on around 4/4, when they showed a withdrawal fee of .0044 BTC (I should have done the withdrawal then), but when I tried to withdraw, it showed '0' withdrawal fee.  An additional warning sign was the sudden disappearance of the 'online chat' option around that time.

I've been checking every day, but it appears today, they have completely redone their website to perpetuate the scam.  Also, when I login, they've wiped all records of my 'mining revenue' (now it shows '0' balance), and open support tickets have also been wiped out.

I hold Cryptocompare.com partially responsible, since they aided and abetted the scam by actively promoting them.  They took advertising $ from them.  Unlike myself, who didn't have the benefit of this forum topic's wisdom at the time I invested (and who obviously didn't adequately search to determine eken.io's legitimacy), THEY DID.  I will no longer have anything to do with cryptocompare.com in the future.

Worse yet, cryptocompare.com tried to hide this by quietly removing all links from their website.  They can't hide - the links still appear in search engines.
bobbh

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:18:52 PM

The scam is now official - website completely shut down on 4/14.
saffacoin (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:21:58 PM

The scam is now official - website completely shut down on 4/14.

I only just noticed and just glad it was not another massive wave of victims. YoMiners is their other project so guess that will be pumped and dumped not so long from now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: