Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:59:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Radical Feminism (continued from Capitalism)  (Read 5854 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:38:03 PM

Marriage is and has always been a semi-consensual for of sexual and social slavery.
No its an agreement between partners to raise children mostly. Also enjoy your cats for companions after you get older.
A return to community-centered matrileneal family structures
Since when have communities been matrileneal?
a dismantling of consumer culture and the objectification it fosters
Fine you can start by not having 20 pairs of shoes.

I have two pairs of shoes and they were both gifts.
YOU can start by not continuing demeaning stereotypes.

Communities are matrileneal by default assuming there aren't any "I own you and your children"- type Men around.
Think about it. When someone is born, the mother is known. The father isn't necessarily known. Patrilenality is rather inefficient and unnatural- just think of the trouble with surnames.

Marriage without children is still marriage. It was invented for men to gain exclusive possession over women, and (admit it) is still used for the same purpose, despite whatever fluff has grown around it.
The lack of community isn't because of men.
Its because you probably live in a city.
Cities have too many people to be communities.
Also communities are more boring and filled with rules.
I ask you in all seriousness. Who built cities? Women? No. Men built cities, and gave their wives no choice but to raise their kids. They did this personally and through establishing cultural norms.
Women don't like farms.
They like cities where they can go to the mall and go to da club where they can get hammered #yolo
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 02:33:40 AM

Marriage is and has always been a semi-consensual for of sexual and social slavery.
No its an agreement between partners to raise children mostly. Also enjoy your cats for companions after you get older.
A return to community-centered matrileneal family structures
Since when have communities been matrileneal?
a dismantling of consumer culture and the objectification it fosters
Fine you can start by not having 20 pairs of shoes.

I have two pairs of shoes and they were both gifts.
YOU can start by not continuing demeaning stereotypes.

Communities are matrileneal by default assuming there aren't any "I own you and your children"- type Men around.
Think about it. When someone is born, the mother is known. The father isn't necessarily known. Patrilenality is rather inefficient and unnatural- just think of the trouble with surnames.

Marriage without children is still marriage. It was invented for men to gain exclusive possession over women, and (admit it) is still used for the same purpose, despite whatever fluff has grown around it.
The lack of community isn't because of men.
Its because you probably live in a city.
Cities have too many people to be communities.
Also communities are more boring and filled with rules.
I ask you in all seriousness. Who built cities? Women? No. Men built cities, and gave their wives no choice but to raise their kids. They did this personally and through establishing cultural norms.

Wow I didn't know a man had to do was tell a woman to do something, and she has no other choice but to comply. Our evil powers have no limits.
Not "a man." Generations upon generations of men- all trained by other men to think of women as things.
I don't get where the removal of free will comes in. Even assuming your premise is true, how does training men remove the free will of women? Do you even think about this stuff before you speak, or are you just repeating what you've been told to believe?
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:53:17 PM

If you're born with guy parts you're a guy if you're born with lady parts you are a lady...

until proven otherwise.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 05:55:10 AM

If you're born with guy parts you're a guy if you're born with lady parts you are a lady...

until proven otherwise.

Unfortunately this can not generally be proven until after death (by examining brain tissue). You kind of have to take their word for it. Your clear-cut criteria also ignores inter-sex people.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: