Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:13:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS Airdrop  (Read 180 times)
coinsontheroad (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:29:04 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 12:08:43 AM by coinsontheroad

When I click on the link in the article to claim the coins, it takes me to the MEW page, then I have no idea what to do. Can anyone else explain?

Thanks

(edit: original link removed).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:45:10 PM

We really need to be careful with the kind of sites we click on these days. Try to verify every site before visiting them. Some people have visited some sites that have led to them loosing or getting some of their data exposed to hackers. I have made a personal determination that i won't ever click on anything that seems free or too cheap to get. Most of these sites lure people with free gifts.
engrshu

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:47:19 PM

Dude, you better be careful when clicking those link, if its redirecting to MEW that only means that someone is trying to phish your security key, do not give your key, I guess you're smart enough to know that.

[
Hitch-hiker

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:03:12 PM

Yeah you have to be careful, I evaluate all new sites with a sand-boxed browser. That way if they install any malware it stays in the sandboxed fake home directory and dies when I kill the browser (hopefully)

There's no way I'd click on anything like that in a browser I use for anything important.

Some of the tactics they use to steal your keys are very obvious but they must work, people see free and abandon all common sense.
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:05:11 PM

When I click on the link in the article to claim the coins, it takes me to the MEW page, then I have no idea what to do. Can anyone else explain?

https://www.xn--oindesk-15a.com/EOS-halves-token-amount-for-block-one-leaves-tokens-to-be-claimed/

Thanks
Do not enter your ETH private key any where to receive token! Only scam site!
Do not click on link to MEW on article or other email to you!
Only used bookmarks to enter MEW web site
joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:05:53 PM

You should edit your post. I'm not sure that sharing scam links without a big warning is a good idea... some newbies could be trapped.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:18:37 PM

Jeez... I didn't click the link but even the web URL is suspicious.  What's sad is that these are so popular because they work. 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:22:55 PM

SCAM ALERT !!!

Pretty straightforward phishing site, nothing special here. Just remember that the legit site is called myetherwallet.com NOT 'mỵetherwałlet' (notice the dot next to the letter y and crossed letter l). It amazes me how many people will fall for this.

BTW: 'ċoindesk(dot)com' site is also fake. I suggest the OP to remove a compromising link from the post.
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 11:23:45 PM

EOS is not doing any airdrop. before you take decisions like this to join an airdrop of a reputable project, you should check their twitter, telegram or medium channel to know if they are actually doing it. That would save you the trouble of falling for these cheap scams.

Maybe one day we will see from this scammers that the US President is doing an airdrop of btc or eth.

https://cryptotvplus.com
-HK-

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Hello people.

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:40:58 PM

https://www.xn--oindesk-15a.com/EOS-halves-token-amount-for-block-one-leaves-tokens-to-be-claimed/

Thanks
Well i think its a scammers or fishing link.
They want or try to steal your money or the crypto currency
I would not trust such letters and did not click and did not follow such links.
coinsontheroad (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:43:19 PM

Well I figured since the article was from Coindesk that it was legit, I followed the link and it took me to MEW with a a contract address that asked to send 0 ETH with 9000 gas limit.

I made the transaction. I didn't give my private key, but I did use my trezor. Had to press a couple buttons for confirmation.

Should I be worried?

Mi5h0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:52:15 PM

Well I figured since the article was from Coindesk that it was legit, I followed the link and it took me to MEW with a a contract address that asked to send 0 ETH with 9000 gas limit.

I made the transaction. I didn't give my private key, but I did use my trezor. Had to press a couple buttons for confirmation.

Should I be worried?

I have no idea. If I were you, I'd transferr all assets to the new address as soon as possible.

BTW: 'ċoindesk(dot)com' site is also fake (notice the dot above the letter c). I suggest you to remove (disable) a compromising link from the original post.
epidose

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:05:29 AM

As a newb, is there any Stickied thread or easy "URL checker" for this sort of thing; similar to a blacklist from a firewall or something?
xiaoxz

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:11:44 AM

Thanks

(edit: original link removed).
It has been learned from many articles before that eos does not have any airdrop. All airdrops that claim to be eos may be scams.
You think, eos hasn't been publish the mainnet until now. How could there be airdrop? It's recommended to be cautious about this.
Mi5h0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:28:39 AM

As a newb, is there any Stickied thread or easy "URL checker" for this sort of thing; similar to a blacklist from a firewall or something?

There are some extensions for google chrome that might help, like Netcraft Extension. But I don't believe that there is absolutely reliable protection from phisihing sites.
Using some common sense is the best protection.
doudou1110

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:58:59 AM

I didn't have such a situation, but I think if it is, we should be careful not to operate on the new interface, especially the password of the account. It's easy to lose your account.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: