Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:38:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Lost due to KNC's Late Shipping  (Read 3472 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:15:44 PM

This is very unfortunate for KNC customers, but at the same time this is good news to Avalon, Asicminer, BitFury, etc. Never have all the eggs in one bucket.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:24:49 PM

This really sucks, I would try my luck to ask for refund. The next difficulty increase is even more scary then the 40% increase..

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:55:48 PM

Not sure why you are on a crusade against KNC.  I assume you had a similar set of complaints about BFL / Bitfury / Avalon etc?  Also - are you even a customer of theirs? 

Compare to say, Bitfury. When Dave first ran into a delay he notified his customers *before* the deadline. This alone went a long way to keeping his customers happy. KnC on the other hand keeps missing deadlines and not communicating. Which is a lot more like BFL and Avalon do business. Not good company to be with. As such I don't trust KnC. They're on the path to becoming the next BFL.

Buy & Hold
The Avenger (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:59:35 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 06:02:02 PM by The Avenger

Image it is your company and you have to deal with missed deadlines, calls for compensation, issues with production, angry customers and other stuff at the same time....things may turn out like they did...
I would not put my head in the sand, that's not my style. I'd deal with it, not be rude to my customers and refer them to the well hidden T&C's (no link on the front page of there website to T&C's, very nice). I would not have a shill spreading his lies all over a forum, playing the best confidence trickster game I've seen played in years.

They chose their own path - to keep everyone in the dark for weeks. To hide, to avoid, to keep us in the dark, to shield their production news, to shield any difficulty they were having, to treat customers like schmucks who do not deserve to be informed.

They now they have to deal with how poor that makes them look.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
The Avenger (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:02:34 PM

P.S. I'm deleting all KNC shills/fanboi and posts from everyone on my ignore list.

This is latest news from KFC:
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-50

I'll be posting on this later.

"I am not The Avenger"
chrono030

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:02:45 PM

Not sure why you are on a crusade against KNC.  I assume you had a similar set of complaints about BFL / Bitfury / Avalon etc?  Also - are you even a customer of theirs? 

Compare to say, Bitfury. When Dave first ran into a delay he notified his customers *before* the deadline. This alone went a long way to keeping his customers happy. KnC on the other hand keeps missing deadlines and not communicating. Which is a lot more like BFL and Avalon do business. Not good company to be with. As such I don't trust KnC. They're on the path to becoming the next BFL.

Yes - Bitfury is clearly the best of the bunch.  However, didn't Dave also set up more miners for the 100 TH mine business that caused a delay to early buyers?  Looking at the hashrate and Arctic fox's list they are shipping a TON of product.
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:06:29 PM

Image it is your company and you have to deal with missed deadlines, calls for compensation, issues with production, angry customers and other stuff at the same time....things may turn out like they did...
I would not put my head in the sand, that's not my style. I'd deal with it, not be rude to my customers and refer them to the well hidden T&C's (no link on the front page of there website to T&C's, very nice). I would not have a shill spreading his lies all over a forum, playing the best confidence trickster game I've seen played in years.

They chose their own path - to keep everyone in the dark for weeks. To hide, to avoid, to keep us in the dark, to shield their production news, top shield any difficulty they were having, to treat customers like schmucks who did not deserve to be informed.

I was a KnC fan, supporter & very positive about their progress over the last three months and for this very skeptical with your comments Avenger - but customer service lied in my ear today about my 12.000$ order status of my hosted unit. I could not believe it. But it is reality. This is the line where fun & optimism stops.

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:12:11 PM

They chose their own path - to keep everyone in the dark for weeks. To hide, to avoid, to keep us in the dark, to shield their production news, top shield any difficulty they were having, to treat customers like schmucks who did not deserve to be informed.

I was a KnC fan, supporter & very positive about their progress over the last three months and for this very skeptical with your comments Avenger - but customer service lied in my ear today about my 12.000$ order status of my hosted unit. I could not believe it. But it is reality. This is the line where fun & optimism stops.
Words are wind, only in actions can you find the truth at the heart of everything
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:12:52 PM

Words are wind, only in actions can you find the truth at the heart of everything

I consider a spoken word as an action

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:14:17 PM

I consider a spoken word as an action
Well with all these companies and all their "promises" the value of someone's word in this community just isn't worth what it is.
The Avenger (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:52:47 PM

Why would you delete this?
You've been vicious, nasty and attacking me in other threads. I moderate this thread and as you see above, people on my ignore list etc are being deleted.

If anyone has a deleted post, this is why. You can be a buttmuncher anywhere else you want, but anything you post is not welcome here. Ciao

"I am not The Avenger"
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:52:37 PM

And here comes a whopper of a 40% difficulty increase. Now is a very bad time to be late!

Man, it's almost not worth it to be a small-time miner any more. Good lord...

I thought I would be happy with having 1TH/s by end of October, but with these difficulty increases ... <Insert "Nope Badger" Meme>

Will probably call it quits by January at this rate  Undecided Not worth the upgrade cycle any more, IMO.

good luck keeping it stable at 1TH/s for every second of every month

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:17:43 PM

guess what:

bfl emailed today that they shipped my 60Gh killer mining monster i had ordered in march and tried so refund in mai. an expensive radiator with built in mining gimmick.
The Avenger (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:28:44 PM

guess what:

bfl emailed today that they shipped my 60Gh killer mining monster i had ordered in march and tried so refund in mai. an expensive radiator with built in mining gimmick.
Man, there are nothing but sad stories associated with bitcoin hardware.

I guess the best thing to do is to add a few LED strips and sell it on ebay as a christmas tree?   Cheesy

"I am not The Avenger"
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:38:42 PM

guess what:

I'd refuse it, if you paid with a credit card. Doesn't sound like you did though.

Avalanche is a must own
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:26:48 AM

It seems to be normal for mining hardware companies to ship late. Has one actually shipping on time yet?

http://bitbet.us/bet/520/bitfury-eu-august-orders-will-ship-before-1st/

Their October orders shipped the first week of October. Some other orders shipped before the announced time.

Also:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297297.0

Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:50:03 AM

A nice, peaceful and informative thread about KnC?

Man, I never thought I'd like censorship this much
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:32:05 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 01:44:28 AM by Bicknellski

This bubble will burst and I wonder what sort of "crash" will follow?

Easy.. mining hardware prices will crash. Nothing is going to stop difficulty from exploding, all these asics will be produced and will join the network one way or the other. The only variable is how much people will pay for them.

Crash where?

At what point does it make any sense to sell for less than it costs to make the shit?

I would suggest the "crash" or "implosion" might be on the fabrication end and without any significant rise in the BTC price a wall has developed. A 90% difficulty rise per month can not be sustained indefinitely and since way overshooting the mark on hash available the mining community will be getting a ring side seat not to fire sales but rather the quick immediate deaths of many of these fabricators.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:55:20 AM

that's why they use other people's money

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:00:12 AM

good luck keeping it stable at 1TH/s for every second of every month

Might I ask what your point is, other than stating the obvious ?

"Good luck with keeping it stable at (arbitrary hash-rate) for every second of every month"
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: