Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 8042 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:26:12 AM

who in this world have 75k btc?  i believe very few  Grin

rpietila and Goat of the top of my head. I'm sure the list is way longer though ...

It's pretty likely rpietila's wealth only exists in the parallel universe that is his troubled mind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 03:21:07 PM

who in this world have 75k btc?  i believe very few  Grin

rpietila and Goat of the top of my head. I'm sure the list is way longer though ...

It's pretty likely rpietila's wealth only exists in the parallel universe that is his troubled mind.

The PM site he owns isn't legit?
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 08:01:33 PM

what is the net profit of the company for the last 3 years?

hypothetically speaking if a buyer were to appear they would need to buy 75k btc as most likely no current holder is going to part with 75k btc in exchange for this type of slow growth investment ... and there is no way they could acquire 75k btc for $11M...
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:37:34 PM

what is the net profit of the company for the last 3 years?

hypothetically speaking if a buyer were to appear they would need to buy 75k btc as most likely no current holder is going to part with 75k btc in exchange for this type of slow growth investment ... and there is no way they could acquire 75k btc for $11M...

Therein lies the problem.

Accumulating such a large holding is no easy task as the OP has found.

Tagbond, I would say the only chance you have to obtain this amount of BTC is to pay a considerable premium to someone who wants out and in truth I will be surprised if there are many people who have that kind of quantity who want to liquidate it at the moment.
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:06:30 PM

Tagbond, much respect to you for being willing to put one of the fruits of your life's work out there for btc as it helps Bitcoin.  Even if no one buys, other business owners still on the fence might hear about this and give a little more thought to Bitcoin.

Good wishes on your next ventures!
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:34:35 PM

If someone does buy it contact me and I will update the branding and make it look kick ass.
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 02:16:11 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2013, 02:30:16 PM by prophetx

Well..BTC has appreciated a little bit since I posted, and if it was me, I would hang onto them unless I needed them for transactions. So no, I am not expecting anyone to pay in BTC - I just put it out there that I was willing to take them. There has been an interesting response, not just on this site..:-)

Posting my profits for the world at large to see...funny...for any serious buyer, of course..but you won't find any serious company posting profits publicly, unless they are a public company.

The latter is not true in places like Sweden where all company data is available. Just some global persepective... Smiley

Why dont you take your time on this, and think about using mastercoin or colored coin to do a virtual ipo of p2p  of a dividend paying p2p tradable equity selling your entire stake.  But of course it depends on if it is making a decent return for would be investors.

Not exactly sure what the legal issues would be given a global set of jurisdictions... but no one makes history by following red tape.

This option should be ready by spring 2014. Not only would you get btc but you would be one of the first to do this for a non bitcoin ecosystem firm.

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:10:56 PM

The latter is not true in places like Sweden where all company data is available. Just some global persepective... Smiley

What?! That's insane! So, effectively, if I run a one man company I have to tell my neighbors what I rake in in a year. Are you really sure this is how it works? Private companies are called private companies for a reason ...
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 11:15:03 PM

What?! That's insane! So, effectively, if I run a one man company I have to tell my neighbors what I rake in in a year. Are you really sure this is how it works? Private companies are called private companies for a reason ...

Yes, I have seen the data myself with the help of a librarian and also with someone working at a regional incubator.

But you do not have to tell your neighbors,  the wonderful swedish govt makes all data available online.

They call it "open society" Roll Eyes
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 11:22:44 PM

Yes, I have seen the data myself with the help of a librarian and also with someone working at a regional incubator.

But you do not have to tell your neighbors,  the wonderful swedish govt makes all data available online.

They call it "open society" Roll Eyes

Sure, try to make it less attractive to start a business.   Roll Eyes
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 11:32:35 PM

I am fairly new to Bitcoin and crypto, but I see the possibilities and I am at the stage where I don;t need to make more money, but I do want to try and make changes where I can...offering a company for BTC I thought might give it a bit of credibility...even though I was pretty sure no one would have enough or want to part with it, especially with recent events. Bitcoin right now is definately a commodity and not a currency as such. I had a price on some software last week in BTC, and already in a week I would have to pay much more for the same software. It's OK if you price stuff in USD and then say you want the equivalent in BTC, but to price any products in BTC at the moment is a pain if you have to buy it with Fiat.

Just on other news, I will be setting up an exchange later this week, and with it a new altcoin for my ecommerce, rewards and payment startups here in the Philippines..Smiley...news will be up later on bitcointalk in the appropriate forum, but just wanted to say that I am putting in a quite a bit of money and support into Bitcoin and crypto in general, as well as doing it under government regulations, or rather, working with them to figure out what those regulations should be so crypto can co exist with Fiat... interesting times..Smiley

As far as I know, in Sweden as in other countries, a lot of company data is public, but the revenues and profits are not. In any case, profits for a private company can be whatever the owner wants them to be. If someone wants to build a company up for sale, then it pays to show as much profit as possible over a period of time. If the owner wants to take money out, then there are many ways to do that too. But this for another discussion topic on another forum..:-)

I have been looking at mastercoin and colored coins - the market for this is not mature enough to make decisions on a large company. Then, I believe, there is the small factor of the SEC - they would take great interest in any company that has more than 100 shareholders..:-). But I would love to offer it up that way, and see it grow. As for ROI, around 20% to 30%...
If you give me concrete examples of what we can do, and there is an exit strategy for me, then I would be glad to look at it. I am already interested in cryptostocks, but done outside of the USA..Smiley

You are right that it would be difficult for one person to pony up 75k btc or even be willing to part with such an amount at this stage.  Which is why splitting it among many shareholders would allow you to more easily realize such a large amount.

The legal side is difficult.  The regulations are complex and essentially a securities lawyer would need to be involved.  Another option is to move the corporate parent to a foreign jurisdiction which is easier to deal with.  However I think there are still issues with solicitation of US persons.  This is not my domain of knowledge.

Colored coins are a bit behind, but the MSC foundation now has about 800k in funds to accelerate development.  The next bounty is for parts of the system which enable trading between msc and btc.  As of today anyone could take the msc code clone it and create a vtc-coin with it's own address and make an offering.  The issue for anyine issuing equity though is currently there is none of the functionality needed for tracking who the owners are, no easy way to communicate, no easy way to do voting, no way to do dividen distribution.  But those should get developed.  I would give it until early next year when the technology should make a lot of this a reality.
ar9

Activity: 352

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:12:42 AM

Longer, or no longer?

Typically, people don't use the phrase "such and such is longer up for sale".
Pretty big typo there, pal.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:18:29 AM

Darn, I missed out on this contract. Oh well, Mark, you got other businesses for sale and need escrow, you have my mobile number.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:07:38 AM

what an interesting offer put on the table.  Always good to see people more tech savvy the most taking a real interest in bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: