Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:08:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a pump and dump scheme?  (Read 711 times)
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:16:13 AM

That is the truth which you have stated here. The pump and dump is true which manipulation we have been witnessing in the cryptocurrency market. The developers of those coins will organize the pumping and sell off their own coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:26:19 AM

Base on what I learned here in bitcointalk and understand, Probably not. A  pump and dump scheme is a fraudulent operation where the operators own lots of a low-valued stock or commodity, and use mass advertising to lure large amounts of money from new investors, which in turn inflates the price. Once the commodity has reached a sufficiently high price, the operators “cash out” by selling all their holdings, which causes the commodity’s price to plummet, and the later investors lose most of their invested money.

What do you think ?

Brother that is what is happening in the cryptocurrency market. The owners will organize token sale and manage to listed it in any exchange, the next action is to pump the low value coin and attract innocent traders to buy those worthless coin and hold hoping that the price will continue to rise. The owners will sell off their own coin to either bitcoin or bitcoin.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:12:00 AM

I think that bitcoin for this scheme is unsuitable, because for this purpose little-known tokens or coins with low capitalization are used. Turning such scams with large capitalization currencies is only possible for large players in the market, but I'm sure that they will not deal with this.
vnnbot

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:20:04 AM

bitcoin is not entirely suitable for such a scheme. in the stock market for pampas use cheap securities with low capitalization, and in the cryptoworld - little-known currencies with low capitalization, the so-called sheetcoin. bitcoin does not fit any of these "requirements."
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:52:05 AM

Yes and that is why bitcoin is so highly volatile because of pump and dump scheme specifically the day traders. These day traders are the reason why bitcoin market price is so volatile. SOme of them are having a system that is scripted that work for them as trade and buy scheme on crypto. So basically there is pump and dump scheme on bitcoin.
andrino

Activity: 193
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:58:25 AM

The pump and dump is a kind of techniques to make money those who manipulate the market. They can do anything they want to easily earn profit. Big whales are the most beneficiaries when the pump and dump happening. Small time investors and bounty hunters are the most affected.
pendekar cinta

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:52:02 AM

Yes with the pump and dump from the traders to make the price could decline and also increased so one must really look at the price movement at any time when looking to earn income in the future without worrying about the bad issues that often occur especially about crypto.

maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:25:30 PM

I think the pump and the dump take a small part in the cryptocurrency especially in bitcoin because, in this situations, the pump and the dump are not too often to see. I think the pumper and the dumper still looking a time to do this and it seems, they need to wait for bitcoin to decide where the price wants to go. but in another market, I see that the pumper still trying to increase the price and yes, it makes people become panic and they buy and sell and hope that they can make the profit.
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:28:28 PM

First of all I would like to say that bitcoin is not a scheeme and so called pump and dump are part of volatility.
Although many think that bitcoin price is controlled by certain groups I can't agree with that and don't think that bitcoin is manipulated.
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:49:44 PM

If we look at how bitcoin has climbed to 20,000$ worth per coin last december until it went down to 5,000$ recently, i believe it will exactly look like a pump-and-dump scheme but seems nobody cares about it at all as bitcoin is slowly going up again. Some speculates that an expected pump is going to happen and a dump will follow again that might cause bitcoin to go down another all time low. But that's all speculations and noone really knows what exactly is going to happen for bitcoin before this year ends.

bungutko

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:52:37 PM

I kind of agree that it really is a pump and dump scheme for some investors especially for the whale investors having huge accounts of btc. In most of the normal investors, they just tend to stick on holding their coins and just have to wait for the right time it will pump more and earn great profit in the end.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:18:36 PM

That's right, bitcoin is a pump and dump scheme. This explains how your strategy is to make a profit. Pump and dump scheme is the real market. I dont know if there is a deliberate element here but surely you can take the opportunity when dump and gain profit when pump
Yes its a pump and dump scheme. Bitcoin is created to be volatile, it means that the value is changing and its unpredictable if its going to increase or decrease. I believe that in all investment, this situations is natural, because there is no such investments that dont go through ups and downs scheme, all investments are taking a risk, because you dont know what will be the outcome of your investments.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:26:50 PM

Might be. Some people might think that Bitcoin can be a great tool for pump and dump and they might actually have done it. People who would lose on this is those who buy Bitcoin because they see it's rising fast. They thought Bitcoin can make them rich quickly. These FOMO'ers will become food for whales.
jgaspar

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:52:45 AM

I know that there are lots of coins which were developed exactly for that, but Bitcoin as we all know, was developed on a different purpose and goals. So we can say for sure, that this is not the case.
Matthew Oliveiraa

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:58:11 PM

I consider pump and dump scheme as a downside of Bitcoin. In fact when rich investors own a large amount of Bitcoin, it isn't difficult for them to create misleading and fake news. For example, they can use clone account to make conversations themselves on crypto forum, making others believe that this is really good chance to buy coins. Those credulous will get into the trap, and the "dump" happens.
Samuel Elliss

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Your conception of the pump and dump scheme is right. The Scheme did happen in the stock markets. The cryptocurrency markets are quite similar to the stock ones, so I think that Scheme might have been used to manipulate the crypto's price.
Christine Viveiross

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:10:16 PM

Bitcoin is susceptive of news. Moreover, the market is full of unwitting and hasty investors. Therefore, I think the pump and dump Scheme, which is often operated through fake positive statements, is easy to happen.
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:26:58 PM

Base on what I learned here in bitcointalk and understand, Probably not. A  pump and dump scheme is a fraudulent operation where the operators own lots of a low-valued stock or commodity, and use mass advertising to lure large amounts of money from new investors, which in turn inflates the price. Once the commodity has reached a sufficiently high price, the operators “cash out” by selling all their holdings, which causes the commodity’s price to plummet, and the later investors lose most of their invested money.

What do you think ?

Its normal for the price of bitcoins to pump or dump sometimes because the prices are always based on supply and demand that's why the market is volatile.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:54:36 PM

I don't think or believe that Bitcoin is a pump and dump scheme, if Bitcoin is a pump and dump scheme it should have been in the highest price for a while and people have bought it in the higher price. Bitcoin is a digital currency and it has many reasons for price rise or price dip and the main reason is the demand and supply. There are millions of people believe and invested in Bitcoin because of its concept and technology it uses.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███