Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:05:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a pump and dump scheme?  (Read 711 times)
neerajmittaljii

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:05:06 AM

Bitcoin has a tremendous volume the biggest over all of the cryptocurrency, but it does not close the possibility of manipulation, imagine a combined whales manipulation could make a significant move in the markets. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 10:05:16 AM

Bitcoin is not a pump and dump scheme it is a digital currency and it is an investment that many has benefited from it and many are still benefiting.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
wer9d25gqj

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:35:11 AM

Base on what I learned here in bitcointalk and understand, Probably not. A  pump and dump scheme is a fraudulent operation where the operators own lots of a low-valued stock or commodity, and use mass advertising to lure large amounts of money from new investors, which in turn inflates the price. Once the commodity has reached a sufficiently high price, the operators “cash out” by selling all their holdings, which causes the commodity’s price to plummet, and the later investors lose most of their invested money.

What do you think ?

Yes, many had schemes like this, they saw that crypto are very volatile for a currency. They uses that strategy as a getaway method so it wont be a scam but Its the people that are implementing these schemes its not what bitcoins are made for. Its for anonymous and fast transactions.
unexecuted

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:55:39 AM

I am also thinking about this pump and dump a lot of time and I think that it easily can be reality
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:55:54 AM

see, there are 3 types of people in any investment market

1 - the smart people who only risk their own extra money speculating a profit and a loss that they can cover up

2 -greedy and foolish people who have no basic knowledge of investment and they are not willing to take any risk - they just want to make some money without any risk depending on some rumors, and the most stupid thing they do is, they trust any scam without using their brain even a little. eventually, they just lose the money they invest in scams or manipulated market - which means, they lose their money, their mortgage, pension, property or tuition fees etc. these people can be taken as stupid gamblers with no idea about their card-value.

3 - scammers and whales - they take advantage of type 2 people and manipulate the market

so, type 3 people make money from the foolishness of type 2 people - type 1 always stays safe as they use their own money, they can wait and they are willing to take risks.

and then, after losing money, type 2 people start nagging and spreading bad shits about that Investment - which is Bitcoin we are talking about.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:02:36 AM

see, there are 3 types of people in any investment market

1 - the smart people who only risk their own extra money speculating a profit and a loss that they can cover up

2 -greedy and foolish people who have no basic knowledge of investment and they are not willing to take any risk - they just want to make some money without any risk depending on some rumors, and the most stupid thing they do is, they trust any scam without using their brain even a little. eventually, they just lose the money they invest in scams or manipulated market - which means, they lose their money, their mortgage, pension, property or tuition fees etc. these people can be taken as stupid gamblers with no idea about their card-value.

3 - scammers and whales - they take advantage of type 2 people and manipulate the market

so, type 3 people make money from the foolishness of type 2 people - type 1 always stays safe as they use their own money, they can wait and they are willing to take risks.

and then, after losing money, type 2 people start nagging and spreading bad shits about that Investment - which is Bitcoin we are talking about.

Greedy and foolish people are the ones who want to earn a lot of money in very short period of time. Foolish people risk money they cannot
afford to lose, they risk all-in`s many times. Investments does not work like that, you need to know what are you doing and to give it a time.
   Bitcoin is not pump&dump scheme. Bitcoin is on the market and it is vulnerable there due manipulations. Type 1 and 3 with a lot of money
can affect market with their trade`s. Bitcoin price is fluctuating cause of that. Investor on long-run like I am know`s that and we just keep
our Bitcoins safe. In term`s of rise Bitcoin preformed rise from 0 to where we are know in less then 10 year`s, bear that in mind.
   What you think about price in 2028? I would like to keep my Bitcoin`s until then, do you believe that Bitcoin price in 10 years from now can
reach $100k, or more?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
galkinig

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:29:52 AM

Base on what I learned here in bitcointalk and understand, Probably not. A  pump and dump scheme is a fraudulent operation where the operators own lots of a low-valued stock or commodity, and use mass advertising to lure large amounts of money from new investors, which in turn inflates the price. Once the commodity has reached a sufficiently high price, the operators “cash out” by selling all their holdings, which causes the commodity’s price to plummet, and the later investors lose most of their invested money.

What do you think ?

It is not a pump and dump scheme, otherwise it would not have survived for 8 years. Now the real price might be questionable as there is huge manipulation sometimes because of no regulation.
bungutko

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:56:01 AM

What do you think ?

It is not a pump and dump scheme, otherwise it would not have survived for 8 years. Now the real price might be questionable as there is huge manipulation sometimes because of no regulation.

In my understanding, I would have to disagree that bitcoin is pump and dump however in reality, many people are doing it. Buying during bear market and once back even for a short period , selling bitcoin at a much higher than the price from the time it had bought. But in my views, good investment should be done in longer period giving much time for bitcoin to soar high and then later decide if you will sell from there.
avdeeva

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:59:46 AM

Do you think that a pump and dump scheme can survive for so long. It has got real use like it is being used as a payment system.
3angel84

Activity: 130

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:17:27 AM

Bitcoin is real digital currency,the pump and dumps I think is on how this Bitcoin struggling the shcheme that we always heard.This can be divided into two perspective too,there are people who used it to have a bundles of profit and there are also who used Bitcoin as digital currency and the pumps and dumps is in the other side of it.my own idea bro.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:28:18 AM

I think operators are not part of people who control bitcoin prices, they can not control the price and cannot make a bitcoin price game.

these bitcoin fluctuations are influenced by spreading, volume and also trading in the market.
if the operator is the one who controls the bitcoin price, then the operator will not make dumping. because if dumping, he will experience great loss, and even the crypto world will not last long.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 05:47:14 PM

I can understand the concern of the OP because there was the involvement of the big whales and institutional investors in the market which caused turbulence in price in last 6 months but Bitcoin is not a pump and dump scheme even if some aristocrats are trying to do it in order to earn profits. It is true that most of us are involved in earning from speculation but I guess that it is out of uncertainty of the future. Bitcoin is much bigger than the speculation and I believe that we will explore the hidden potential of it in the coming years.
achsan fauzy

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:08:46 PM

this is the weakness of bitcoin, the bitcoin market is controlled by people who have a lot of stock. but for me and other traders of bitcoin, it still gives advantages, because the current bitcoin price is experiencing a dump, we can buy bitcoin with large amounts and sell them when the price of bitcoin experienced a pump.
TricksterX

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 06:15:43 PM

i think all currency will going pump and dump it is normal
Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:23:21 PM

In the real sense,all currency are a little bit pump and dump
indeed all crypto can berkumkinana for a scam. as an example there is now a bitcoin benchmark. when bitcoin is no longer believed the possibility of cryptocurrency will be destroyed
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:33:03 PM

Bitcoin and the crypto world is as real as you and I, the earlier you believe it's not a pump and dump schemes the better for the unbeliever..
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:47:23 PM

in this situation pumpning and dumping price in bitcoin is hard to do that, because we know that in bitcoin the price in bitcoin is too high with and high stok there are 17 Million bitcoin altready mined, i think if someone want to do pump and dump bitcoin, it will hard to do it, they need very big  capital to do it,if they dont make a calculation i think they will be fail and get some loss

First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:33:26 PM

I am also thinking about this pump and dump a lot of time and I think that it easily can be reality

Now look at the price go back to $5000. Pump and dump begins....
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:42:46 PM

Yes its not.Even if anyone tries to make bitcoin a pump and dump asset,still they could not make it due to its huge volume.

AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:52:36 AM

if you look at the market now, bitcoin is falling slowly. but this will be only temporary.
bitcoin is not a pump and dump scheme. The one who pump and dump the coin is the peoples, not bitcoin itself.
some holders dump their coin to buy it more cheap and pump it later.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: