Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If the bitcoins from satoshi wallet will be sold, how will cost bitcoin?  (Read 188 times)
jetsTech (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:35:27 AM

If the bitcoins from satoshi wallet will be sold, how will cost bitcoin? We are talk about 980 000 btc, what will be in this situation Roll Eyes
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1491

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 07:37:23 AM

I depends because only an idiot would place a sell order for the total amount, as that would drag down the price so much that he would lose a lot of money. The most intelligent way would be to place partial orders depending on market conditions.

jetsTech (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:00:53 AM

I depends because only an idiot would place a sell order for the total amount, as that would drag down the price so much that he would lose a lot of money. The most intelligent way would be to place partial orders depending on market conditions.
It is clear that only an idiot will sell all at once.  I'm talking about now if all this sum of bitcoins will be sold in parts. If the a Mt.Gox trustee dropped the market taking out about 35,000 BTC . Then what if you bring out about a million BTC Huh
slothtrooper

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

Namaste

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:53:32 AM

Dont worry over such things, as your worrying can do nothing to affect the outcome, as Jetstech commented it would not be in the interest of that account holder to tank the prices by selling all at once, as was the case with the MT Gox lawyer. If I owned 1 million bit coins I would want to get the best price possible on all 1 million of my coins.

Besides the owner of the Satoshi wallet is most probably AI
jetsTech (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:20:51 PM

Besides the owner of the Satoshi wallet is most probably AI
The fact remains that if all these bitcoins are sold then the market will be long in decline
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:28:03 PM

If the bitcoins from satoshi wallet will be sold, how will cost bitcoin? We are talk about 980 000 btc, what will be in this situation Roll Eyes

To be honest I don't think that satoshi will ever want to sell those coins. Keep in mind that his addresses are pretty well watched and if he/she or they wanted to cash out that amount satoshi identity could be compromised. Knowing that satoshi wanted to stay behind the scenes I do not believe this is going to happen.
burdagol12345

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:56:07 PM

Will,satoshi in my own understanding is a centavo in my own currency  or a penny amount of bitcoin,actually you did not define the exact decimal value of satoshi given,so that we can compute according to my own currency,but this satpshi could not  been sell in trading site,because they have an minimum amount  to accept before you can trade,so its better you must hold that in your wallet and put as  that a long term investment.
Polipog

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:09:06 PM

This is something an interesting question, well if the satoshi stocks of bitcoin will be sold, maybe price of bitcoin dramatically falling down immediately and return to their orignal price value as what the level price of bitcoin started before. Hopefully it would not be happened, because it affects the total operation of bitcoin and a lot of people who access bitcoin will disappear.
JoshuaBlack1

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:13:57 PM

It would probably be catastrophic if he/they dumped it all on the market. Even selling it OTC I'd worry who's hands it would be going into. It would take years for bitcoin to recover
pocket_lck

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:30:27 PM

If the bitcoin of satoshi is all sold then the bitcoin price will be more destroyed and dropped dramatically, and probably very much the cost incurred for the cost of bitos satoshi because of the large amount.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:12:28 PM

Satoshi will not do that as it will destroy his creation. The price will completely tank, even if he moves one bitcoin everyone will panic sell. This is the problem with an over-reliance on one type of coin. If the second coin was close e.g. Ethereum was worth 75% of a bitcoin then it would not matter as much - people will switch to ethereum instead.
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:58:48 PM

It's really speculation and I think the answer would be different for 1m coins or 1m of Satoshi's coins. If he sells then people will be wondering why the creator is selling his own creation and so that would cause an even deeper dump than if someone else had that many coins and sold them. I think we'd see close to a 3 figure price if that were to happen.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 12:05:29 AM

I hardly can imagine how Satoshi or someone else would be able to sell 980 000 at once. But if, then it would huge crash, maybe Bitcoin will come back to hundreds and to recover we would need at least several years. But even if part of these BTC would be sold or move to another wallet address, it would have big impact to price of BTC, not into positive side offcourse Smiley

Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:23:35 AM

If satoshi sells the bitcoin he owns he will definitely cost a lot because of the amount of bitcoin that satoshi have, and at the moment I'm sure the bitcoin price will fall.
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:44:30 AM

No need for a big sell order, as soon as any btc would start to move from satoshi's address it's panic time.
jetsTech (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:08:10 AM

I hardly can imagine how Satoshi or someone else would be able to sell 980 000 at once. But if, then it would huge crash, maybe Bitcoin will come back to hundreds and to recover we would need at least several years. But even if part of these BTC would be sold or move to another wallet address, it would have big impact to price of BTC, not into positive side offcourse Smiley
that's exactly what I think, in the long run. But I want, that it was not so
jetsTech (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:10:03 AM

No need for a big sell order, as soon as any btc would start to move from satoshi's address it's panic time.

I think I do not need to panic anyway. Better than logical reasoning there is nothing
jetsTech (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:13:34 AM

It's really speculation and I think the answer would be different for 1m coins or 1m of Satoshi's coins. If he sells then people will be wondering why the creator is selling his own creation and so that would cause an even deeper dump than if someone else had that many coins and sold them. I think we'd see close to a 3 figure price if that were to happen.
the question is whether we will keep our bitcoin in our wallet in this case
jetsTech (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:15:41 AM

in the positive direction is unlikely to affect
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: