Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone solo mining alt coins?  (Read 1045 times)
terlesbogli

Activity: 155
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:55:54 PM

I don't Mine any coins but looking forward on it . i research about on how to mine altcoins if they profitable last time i joined in some cloud mining then i realized what if i mine altcoins . im focusing here in forum reading about mining strategies.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:24:18 PM

I do not recommend solo mining. It could have worked 6-7 years ago. But now it is not profitable. Powerful pools produced almost all the blocks. You will work in the minus. Can you imagine how many miners there are in the world? They are all against you. You think that you can contrast themselves around the world? Lol.
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:42:56 PM

I have come to believe that in the long run pool mining and solo mining equal out.  Regardless of your hash rate, if given enough time for even the highest difficulty coins, you will eventually find a block.  And I’d bet the reward for that block will be pretty even to what you would have made pool mining. 

The one thing you can’t account for is the “luck” factor.  If you happen to hit a block while soloing before you should have, you’re ahead of the game.  If it’s taking longer to find a block than the calculators say, then you’d been better off pool mining.  But like I said, it evens out in the long run.

Personally, I’ve found blocks solo mining Musicoin, Akroma and Pegascoin (before the reward was reduced).
Korako

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:59:33 PM

Yep, just starting to do it at scale.

Plus I used to mine Litecoin and Doge back when you could do it on a desktop computer.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:20:19 PM

I do not recommend solo mining. It could have worked 6-7 years ago. But now it is not profitable. Powerful pools produced almost all the blocks. You will work in the minus. Can you imagine how many miners there are in the world? They are all against you. You think that you can contrast themselves around the world? Lol.
If you compare and contrast we would basically see the difference when we are soloing in mining and as being said this would only be worth if we done this thing on previous years but seeing out the market which do have big pools then you will easily see the disadvantage if you tend to go with solo.Profitability thinking isnt suited on solo but when it comes to hobby and just testing it out and explore up mining system then proceed.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Vitali.cz

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:31:26 PM

Use nevermore ccminer https://github.com/brian112358/nevermore-miner/releases with options: --no-getwork --no-stratum --coinbase-addr=YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS

Thanks, I know about nevermore, but ccminer gives better hashrate. That's why I'm asking mat4202 to help.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: