Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:05:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin addresses beginning with a Q?  (Read 187 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:02:43 PM

I have a litecoin address of: QgCzjABh8TCyvc28Ecw5bpn3Pi25wtjw2v
I know it's not a proper litecoin address, but I'm not sure how to get an actual litecoin address - I spent about 6 hours waiting for it to sync so I'd rather not wait that long again?

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
icxC

Activity: 239
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:32:15 PM

I don't know much about lightcoin. I've heard of addresses that begin with a '3' to addresses that begin with an 'M but never heard of lightcoin address beginning with "Q". You may talk with LC support center for knowing more further. Hope that we will get a solution to this problem.
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:39:43 PM

I don't know much about lightcoin. I've heard of addresses that begin with a '3' to addresses that begin with an 'M but never heard of lightcoin address beginning with "Q". You may talk with LC support center for knowing more further. Hope that we will get a solution to this problem.

I think it was some sort of testnet address as my wallet restarted and had to resync a bit and then made addresses beginning with an m. They were also still considered incorrect by the exchange I was using but it solved the problem of them beginning with a Q.
passioncrypto

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:39:13 PM

For someone who is fairly new to the market, the best thing to do would be to invest in BTC or any other altcoins such as ETH. But if you do want to invest in this particular one, then seek advise from someone around you who has worked with this and will show you the tutorial first hand.
TonyRodriguez

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:50:37 PM

To be honest, I have a confusion regarding this too. I also had to waste a whole day for a LTC to get synced. Hopefully, someone answers the query, it will be great help for me and the community too.
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:55:40 AM

For someone who is fairly new to the market, the best thing to do would be to invest in BTC or any other altcoins such as ETH. But if you do want to invest in this particular one, then seek advise from someone around you who has worked with this and will show you the tutorial first hand.

Why would I switch to Eth when I have a functioning trading strategy with litecoin to bitcoin (I did a small test the last two times and the same thing happened - so I'm going to go higher this time and not leave the coins on an exchange)... In honestly, I also hate eth, there's too much hype about it.

martinpppp38

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:12:35 PM

Here I was asking myself the same question this morning. Indeed I wanted to remove LTC from Hitbtc earlier, and I got an error message that the address I was indicating was not good (address I gave started with a M). I wanted to send on another exchange.

So I had to send to another place or it wouldn't work (I sent on Exodus wallet and the address started with an L)

After I don't know if it comes from the site or not (it's really not great Hitbtc)

https://token.snips.ai/
petloer

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 04:48:33 PM

I am also looking for the ways to identify coins from an address. I know that most of the Bitcoins start with 1, but I hope someone answers the question so that I can understand how to know from the address that it is a Litecoin.
ulum5

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:59:11 PM

if in my opinion it seems like you have to wait for the address to be completely synchronized. maybe you can look for it in another part.
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:00:08 PM

I am also looking for the ways to identify coins from an address. I know that most of the Bitcoins start with 1, but I hope someone answers the question so that I can understand how to know from the address that it is a Litecoin.

BitcoinLitecoin
Legacy1L
Segwit3M
Native Segwitbc1ltc1
As far as I understand it.

Hence my question as to where the Q has come from?
DavidBolster

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:57:23 PM

I also haven't previously seen LTC tokens starting with Q, what type of coin is that? However, I think you should try to check LiteAddress website to get the actual address which will take no time to get synced.
cryptohipo

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:02:32 PM

You can set up Electrum wallet to get rid of it. It’s a pretty good one and I heard a lot positive feedback about it. Hope this will help you.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:15:23 PM

So in the time of waiting for a reply here the issue has resolved itself.

Moreover, an address beginning with a Q is a native segwit testnet address as far as I understand.

You can set up Electrum wallet to get rid of it. It’s a pretty good one and I heard a lot positive feedback about it. Hope this will help you.

My antivirus hates it and I don't want to whitelist it because I also hate it if I can sync with the blockchain in a few hours.
3x1t

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:03:17 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 08:43:52 AM by 3x1t

I know so many situations when people have so different addresses with Litecoin, I consider that it depends on the time when you got this ones for using, maybe there was changing after this. But I could be wrong here, it needs to find more information to be sure for everything.
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:26:04 AM

I know so many situations when people have so different addresses with Litecoin, I consider that it depends on the time when you got this ones for using, maybe there was changing after this. But I could be wrong here, it needs to find more information to be sure for everything.

Changing? What sort of changing?
citydragoon

Activity: 173

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:34:21 PM

Not always but I have heard about it. LTC is very strange but too strong and promising alternative cryptocurrency and it will be the next EOS or NEO at once.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: