Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:56:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitminter client (Windows/Linux/Mac)  (Read 654617 times)
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:59:13 PM

Question

I have been using the client since December of last year.  Not until recently, have I been getting the Microsoft blue screen, and of course the miners hooked up to the computer.  Is anyone else having this problem?  If so, what was the solution?  Thanks in advance.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 09:09:23 PM

Question

I have been using the client since December of last year.  Not until recently, have I been getting the Microsoft blue screen, and of course the miners hooked up to the computer.  Is anyone else having this problem?  If so, what was the solution?  Thanks in advance.

Did you install new graphics drivers? Maybe they are not working right.

Or your graphics card is overheating.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
Darthswan

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:15:34 PM

Question

Did you install new graphics drivers? Maybe they are not working right.

Or your graphics card is overheating.

I haven't downloaded anything lately.  So if it was recent, then no.  Was there something recent?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 10:38:40 PM

So new drivers are not causing it.

Probably overheating, if you are mining on the graphics card.

Darthswan

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:59:37 PM

So new drivers are not causing it.

Probably overheating, if you are mining on the graphics card.

I'm using some old Block Eruptors, upgraded jalapeño and a couple of U2.  Would it be better to, not, run it through the client?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 07:45:16 AM

I'm using some old Block Eruptors, upgraded jalapeño and a couple of U2.  Would it be better to, not, run it through the client?

What does the blue screen say? Does it mention a driver?

Darthswan

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:55:36 PM

What does the blue screen say? Does it mention a driver?

Hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does I'll take some notes.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Biochemical

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:36:21 PM

I was skeptical about this but after all i will try it.
GoWings97

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:24:23 PM

I downloaded the latest bitminter client on my mac and it opens up all the way but there isn't a window that opens.  It is open in my dock and all the menus show up at the top of the screen but the actual window is no where to be found.  I've tried right clicking on the icon in my dock and "showing all windows" but that doesn't bring anything up either.  I've run the bitminter client on this computer before and it's worked perfectly but it's been a while.  Any suggestions???
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:41:43 PM

I downloaded the latest bitminter client on my mac and it opens up all the way but there isn't a window that opens.  It is open in my dock and all the menus show up at the top of the screen but the actual window is no where to be found.  I've tried right clicking on the icon in my dock and "showing all windows" but that doesn't bring anything up either.  I've run the bitminter client on this computer before and it's worked perfectly but it's been a while.  Any suggestions???

You probably set it to minimize on start. Double click the bitcoin symbol or right click and choose open.

green king

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:57:46 AM

Great Smiley

Well, it wouldn't prevent DDOS attacks. It might make it a little more difficult for DDOS attackers to overload the server with getwork-requests. But it would also shut out honest miners who just prefer different software.

I really hate DDOS attacks, any idea preventing it?
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 07:23:59 AM

Great Smiley

Well, it wouldn't prevent DDOS attacks. It might make it a little more difficult for DDOS attackers to overload the server with getwork-requests. But it would also shut out honest miners who just prefer different software.

I really hate DDOS attacks, any idea preventing it?

Don't worry about it. That was an old message from 2011 you responded to.

DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 10:10:28 PM

Bitminter client v1.6.1 is out. Just a small maintenance release.

New:
  • Improved stability and error handling
  • Upgrade third party dependencies

Try it now:

If you have a problem with 1.6.1 you can still load 1.6.0 from here: https://bitminter.com/client/1.6.0/bitminter.jnlp

If you restart the client and still see 1.6.0, try clearing your java cache. See http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

talyn626

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:21:17 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 04:34:28 AM by talyn626

Trying to get this running on a new Debian Linux. I'm new to Linux. Each time I click on the start it just opens a download window and asks what I want to open it with. Right now it defaults to the Iced Tea java pkg that came when I installed Linux. Dos it have to be Oracle Java 8? Trying to figure out installing that. I'm using the Ice Weasel distibution of Firefox.

update: tried updating open-jdk 7 through Synaptic Package Manager and now seems to be working
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 08:05:34 AM

update: tried updating open-jdk 7 through Synaptic Package Manager and now seems to be working

Good. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

uno-xbix

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:55:36 PM

Bitminter client v1.6.1 is out. Just a small maintenance release.

New:
  • Improved stability and error handling
  • Upgrade third party dependencies

Try it now:
https://bitminter.com/images/start.png

If you have a problem with 1.6.1 you can still load 1.6.0 from here: https://bitminter.com/client/1.6.0/bitminter.jnlp

If you restart the client and still see 1.6.0, try clearing your java cache. See http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

Hello DrHaribo,  is support pending for BFLś 700Gh Monarch ASICminers?   I have 4 of them doing nothing.
Compiling BFGminer is a little too complicated for me as it seems.  Best regards.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 01:02:05 PM

Hello DrHaribo,  is support pending for BFLś 700Gh Monarch ASICminers?   I have 4 of them doing nothing.
Compiling BFGminer is a little too complicated for me as it seems.  Best regards.

Yeah, I haven't received any docs from BFL. So Monarch is still unsupported.

I don't think you have to compile your own bfgminer. Can't you just download the standard binary? Bfgminer thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=626361

pazsion

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:06:52 AM

Hi !
Please tell me if is any method to mint with this processor:
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight - Core Processor - 4.0 GHz

In bitminter client at section devices not appear as valid for minting.

Is a hidden setting that must be done?

Thanks in advance !

i'm saddened that drharboro has jumped onto the no cpu bandwagon. cpu's and other hardware will likely not ever be "obsolete" Bitminter client version 1.3.2 can be used.

And i hope it will continue to be supported as i continue to make money using my cpu's. I made 7 btc my first year, all cpu's. Don't get discouraged by low hashrates. What you want is accepted work. that is all. regardless of what the hash rate is. You can still earn money. Hashrate is only part of the work your pc and the network do. Tweaking things to get your pc and network submitting shares to the pools faster was quite helpful. As does multiple connections to multiple pool servers. Like over at wemineltc. They have several back-up servers. If used all at once, give a more persistant flow of work. Even if some are interuppted.

i'm not sure which 1.3.2 or 1.4.3  also detects asics, and fpga When all are properly detected this software has had better results combined hashing then any other software i've tried so far. When i had bfgminer working combined cpu/asic it did very well and decreased rejections. Right now i'm struggleing to re-compile bfgminer for a new pc with cpu support =c

Take the time to pay attention to what is going on while mineing. In windows i use process hacker. in linux i have not found an adequate process manager.  This will lead you to any software tweaks that can be made to help. There is some rather expensive software that enables further enhancements of ram etc that helped a lot. supercache and cacheman. and another one i can't recall right now. These are marketed to servers and network admins. But i saw much improvement in hash speed and overall system speed. Gaming was also much improved. Last i checked they were free to try.

sadly others have also done the same, and their software lacks support not just for cpu. but many other useful hardware. I'm not sure why, but they don't like to support things it seems. And don't make any plans to. I'm guessing no one is helping them do this.

This leaves the people that would otherwise be making them (bitminter/general pools) money, fighting for information on how to build it better. So that it just simply works. Many just give up on cryptocoin all together. Adding this as a reason for it being a scam.

Please use cpu if you would like. keep in mind you can change the priority in windows. You must do so carefully, and give time between switching up. do not use real-time unless you have more then adequate cooling and hardware meant for 24hr high heat situations. Most pc's are not made for this. A realtime os is super helpful, and has not overburdened any of my hardware. Currently i am able to run the client on a single core cpu. The process priority is idle, and it still uses 90% cpu. minderd bfgminer and the bitminterclient have all the ability to be paused or suspended flawlessly so far as well, via the process manager. So if you need to stop it to change things or use your computer. You can. I do it this way so as not to drop the work i've already been worked on.

So far i've only had to replace a harddrive, that was over 5yrs old.

The amd cpu's also are unified. All cores share the work. In my experience these true 64 (native) cpu's with unified memory or cores. perform the best. core2duo and core2quads i have used as well, with similar results.

I've run 13 instances of minerd with 4 threads each. with one instance of 1.3.2 set as message digest.On a single core celeron. p4. 2.4ghz oc to 2.8ghz I needed to add a fan to the case. It will sometimes need to be re-started after a week or so. Not sure why it gets bogged down yet. likely how windows deals with the processing of info.

my core2duov2 5800 runs ubuntu12.04.4 and 14.04+, i've had better results with 12 so far, but 14 detects the gma4500 gfx cards. This should support opencl 1.0 and 1.1. I've installed the drivers. but i think the software support was removed when intel did the same. This is an aspire 6930, i've setup 4 fans around it. which is absolutely needed. The hardrive has almost no airspace. many will tell us not to mine on laptops and cellphones for such reasons. They are simply not designed to deal with the heat.
This setup has run more then 13 instances of minerd each with 30 threads. 1 instance of bitminter client 1.3.2 and 1.4.3 and 3 instances of 1.5.

runs 24/7 for over a month now.

I've made 1.3 btc in under a month includeing the other pools. And 2 usb asics @ 333mhs oc'd 1.4ghs

You can do  it, just keep the pc cool. don't let it run as hot as a hairdryer. This applies to all forms of intense data crunching and hashing. cpu,gpu and asics. it still applies. Keep temps below 90*c or 170*f If it runs hotter, when not under load. Research it's known ranges...consult the manufacture documentation as well. You can further tweak and mod to bring temps down. And keep performance. But this info is needed to do that.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:11:18 PM

Can someone give me their input on how this software handles on DebianOS?

Runs fine on Ubuntu. Should be fine on Debian too.

You will need Java Webstart installed, not just Java itself. Ubuntu likes to split that off in a separate package - Debian is probably the same. Once you have Java Webstart working, Bitminter client will run fine.

Runs dandy on Debian.
asbani

Activity: 31
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:19:21 AM

Please nobody smack me in the head with this question, I'm quiet new to the whole bitcoin thingy, so to be able to mine coins, first of all I need to buy an external hardware that I need to plug into the computer, then after that I use the bitminter client right? because just now i've registered and downloaded the client, then hit "start engine" and I was a bit lost  after that Grin it said to me "no devices found" which is why I came here to ask this.

also tried downloading another program bfgminer from another site
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: