Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:08:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The great Gulden thread  (Read 14127 times)
Luuk

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:54:57 PM

Ok, at the risk (don't really care btw) of getting hatred from the fanboys again, here is an actual serious question.

Where have all the premine notices gone and why hasn't anyone raised questions about that anymore? I'm asking because I was curious if some of the premine might have gone into witnessing. Nowhere on the official Gulden sites and channels I can find any links or even pointers towards the premine.

Is no one curious about where the premine resides anymore? Doesn't anyone care what happened to that bit fat chunk of Guldens (almost 1/3 of Guldens in circulation atm)Huh

I'm not trying to derail anything here, just wondering how they got away with having one of the largest premined coins around, without anyone bothering with it's status and whereabouts anymore.

Does anyone have a list of addresses where we can track the remaining premine?

Do you try :

G0ta11them0ney1nmyP0ck3t

I would of been worried about the premine if Rijk was anonymous and no development was done. My only concern is that the funds is managed well, there hasn't been any begging from Rijk from the last round of funding in 2016? It's safe to assume he is not overspending. imo
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lg15x

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:38:26 PM

Nobody can predict the market. Gulden is one of the few coins with a solid Development. Just read all about it on Dev.gulden.com. And make up Your OWN mind. 💙😘
DashNLG

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:30:17 AM

Ok, at the risk (don't really care btw) of getting hatred from the fanboys again, here is an actual serious question.

Where have all the premine notices gone and why hasn't anyone raised questions about that anymore? I'm asking because I was curious if some of the premine might have gone into witnessing. Nowhere on the official Gulden sites and channels I can find any links or even pointers towards the premine.

Is no one curious about where the premine resides anymore? Doesn't anyone care what happened to that bit fat chunk of Guldens (almost 1/3 of Guldens in circulation atm)Huh

I'm not trying to derail anything here, just wondering how they got away with having one of the largest premined coins around, without anyone bothering with it's status and whereabouts anymore.

Please, not this pre-mine again. If I would get 20 NLG for every time you mentioned this I would have been on the Bahama’s right now. All ico’s are preminded, nobody gives a shit anymore.
But since you do, with just under 10% of nlg in witness now, it can’t involve the 1/3 you mentioned. It doesn’t ADD up.

Jean.Luc what is the real mood in the development camp when it comes to marketing. I only read what people say here, is that Rijk think marketing in the crypto industry is mainly lying to people, however now that they have something unique and innovative to tell the truth about is there plans to eventually market Gulden?
johnnybraveau

Activity: 195
Merit: 1

This is my real name

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:21:06 AM

Jean.Luc what is the real mood in the development camp when it comes to marketing. I only read what people say here, is that Rijk think marketing in the crypto industry is mainly lying to people, however now that they have something unique and innovative to tell the truth about is there plans to eventually market Gulden?

first of all mot marketing in the crypto industry is lying to people. That is not just Rijk's opinion that is just a fact. People who are into certain coins just for profit whilst trading don't care. If you see that 94% of ICO's are scams who never make it to market you cannot deny there is a lot of shady business going on in the "crypto" world. Problem is most of those scams aren't even crypto since there is no working technique and innovation, it is just.....marketing....

About your question to market: yes there are plans but since they are still busy rolling out Pow2 ( we are only at phase 3 ) and smoothing out some issues there were i think its too early
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:58:41 AM

The big question to me at the moment: What is the status about Phase 4. A clean switch from 3 to 4 coud have some impact: Transactions in Witness & SegSig. It would also mean that the switch to PoW2 from a Users view is done. Phase 5 as I understand is a cleanup Phase.

Does anyone have intelligence about if Phase 4 is already counting the 2.x.x.x nodes or when signalling is intended to start?
Henis

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:20:18 AM

On Telegram they said the devs said 1 month after phase 3. 20th-22nd August?
RichPissman

Activity: 339

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:38:30 AM

Please, not this pre-mine again. If I would get 20 NLG for every time you mentioned this I would have been on the Bahama’s right now. All ico’s are preminded, nobody gives a shit anymore.

I respect your ongoing positive contribution to Gulden Jean Luc, please also respect my ongoing critical assessment of it.

Rijk has played it rather well. It used to be normal that the premine was openly displayed on all the sites and ANN. It was always a necessity to have a transparent ledger of it's use. He slowly started banning everyone for even using the word premine. Now every reference is completely gone and the 100mm+ NLG are neatly tucked away in his back pocket.

But since you do, with just under 10% of nlg in witness now, it can’t involve the 1/3 you mentioned. It doesn’t ADD up.

You are right. Since 70mm has been spend already the 100mm NLG he still privately holds is now 1/4th of all coins in circulation:

If Rijk is such a trustworthy guy, why not openly disclose the whereabouts of the premine? Why hide in the dark and blaster everyone that asks legit questions about it?

Again, does anyone have the addresses where we can see the remaining premine?

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
Henis

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:42:13 AM

I respect your ongoing positive contribution to Gulden Jean Luc, please also respect my ongoing critical assessment of it.

Rijk has played it rather well. It used to be normal that the premine was openly displayed on all the sites and ANN. It was always a necessity to have a transparent ledger of it's use. He slowly started banning everyone for even using the word premine. Now every reference is completely gone and the 100mm+ NLG are neatly tucked away in his back pocket.

You are right. Since 70mm has been spend already the 100mm NLG he still privately holds is now 1/4th of all coins in circulation:

https://image.ibb.co/kuFpr8/NLG_Circ.jpg

If Rijk is such a trustworthy guy, why not openly disclose the whereabouts of the premine? Why hide in the dark and blaster everyone that asks legit questions about it?

Again, does anyone have the addresses where we can see the remaining premine?

When the premine is finished, do you think it will help the price of Gulden and who would pay the developers to continue on working for Gulden?
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:49:01 AM

I would of been worried about the premine if Rijk was anonymous and no development was done. My only concern is that the funds is managed well, there hasn't been any begging from Rijk from the last round of funding in 2016? It's safe to assume he is not overspending. imo

When the premine is finished, do you think it will help the price of Gulden and who would pay the developers to continue on working for Gulden?

Please, they are already sitting on more than € 3.5mm they got out of the "shares" program. Even if they all drove Lambo's and picked up a heroine addiction, they would still be able to keep it up for a couple more years.

Why is it so bad to ask what is happening to a single stack of Gulden, representing 25% of all coins, sitting in the hands of one individual? Have you ever thought what would happen to your money when it's all locked in witness for 3 years and Rijk gets killed in a car crash? What if his heirs decide to market-sell the 100mm NLG because they don't care about this project and need the cash? You will all be witnessing indeed, the drop of the rate to 1sat, without any escape!

So yes, I guess I would like to see how things are arranged with the premine still. Don't you?

Danuberiver

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:55:10 AM

Please, they are already sitting on more than € 3.5mm they got out of the "shares" program. Even if they all drove Lambo's and picked up a heroine addiction, they would still be able to keep it up for a couple more years.

Why is it so bad to ask what is happening to a single stack of Gulden, representing 25% of all coins, sitting in the hands of one individual? Have you ever thought what would happen to your money when it's all locked in witness for 3 years and Rijk gets killed in a car crash? What if his heirs decide to market-sell the 100mm NLG because they don't care about this project and need the cash? You will all be witnessing indeed, the drop of the rate to 1sat, without any escape!

So yes, I guess I would like to see how things are arranged with the premine still. Don't you?

I also follow AUR because I believe in country coins, Biomike burnt a lot of the premine addresses from the anonymous scam developer, if Rijk is killed with a pitchfork the premine can still be burnt by Malcolm.
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:07:22 AM

Finally, I recall Rijk once saying he will not tell what will happen with the premine on Slack.

Remember, the largest coins out there are premined, without the holders of it ever having to explain what they will do with it. See f.e. Charlie Lee.

The mindset of a gulden-coolaid-adict:

q: Why doesn't Gulden do any marketing? Many shitcoins are doing better without the quality Gulden has.
a: We don't care what other coins do, we are only interested in Gulden, because Gulden is different.

q: Where is the premine, isn't this blockchain meant for openness and transparency?
a: All other coins have premines etc too, why should we be any different?

BioMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:08:40 AM

I also follow AUR because I believe in country coins, Biomike burnt a lot of the premine addresses from the anonymous scam developer, if Rijk is killed with a pitchfork the premine can still be burnt by Malcolm.

I didn't burn the pre-mine (never got hold of that). The original, anonymous dev did that. He is as much as a scam developer as Satoshi, read: he/she isn't.

Back to NLG.

Accountability of the pre-mine is one thing and Rich already mentioned its influence on market development... and than there is still the tax situation. If Rijk is holding those in person this means he has to pay roughly 310.000,00 euro taxes for the pre-mine over 2017. Locked witnessing funds also are income tax accountable, so Dutch people should watch out with this.
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:10:38 AM

Finally, I recall Rijk once saying he will not tell what will happen with the premine on Slack.

Exactly my point! For all we know, he could be the one dropping the price all the time with it. He thinks it's his money and for him to decide. While in fact, it should belong to the community that is supporting it.

Henis

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:11:32 AM

I didn't burn the pre-mine (never got hold of that). The original, anonymous dev did that. He is as much as a scam developer as Satoshi, read: he/she isn't.

Back to NLG.

Accountability of the pre-mine is one thing and Rich already mentioned its influence on market development... and than there is still the tax situation. If Rijk is holding those in person this means he has to pay roughly 310.000,00 euro taxes for the pre-mine over 2017. Locked witnessing funds also are income tax accountable, so Dutch people should watch out with this.

I plan to witness after phase 4, I will use the earnings to buy at merchants instead of withdrawing into my bank account. This way you avoid the tax.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:11:45 AM

Anyone an idea when Litebit takes Gulden out of "wallet maintenance" mode? Been a few days now.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:13:57 AM

Back to NLG.

I plan to witness after phase 4, I will use the earnings to buy at merchants instead of withdrawing into my bank account. This way you avoid the tax.

Nope, that's tax evasion and there is a fine for that when de Belastingdienst finds out. Below 42.000 euros you should be fine though.
Sugaman

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:32:16 AM

Anyone an idea when Litebit takes Gulden out of "wallet maintenance" mode? Been a few days now.

Almost time to pay the rent?
johnnybraveau

This is my real name

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:33:06 AM

Back to NLG.

Nope, that's tax evasion and there is a fine for that when de Belastingdienst finds out. Below 42.000 euros you should be fine though.

there is nothing wrong with paying taxes
Henis

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:42:10 AM

Back to NLG.

there is nothing wrong with paying taxes

Ofc I pay taxes and I encourage anyone with a soul to do the same. The welfare system in Europe is feeling a bit more pressure while we help refugees get assimilated and joining the work force. It will take time but it's more important then ever to pay taxes.
johnnybraveau

This is my real name

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:48:53 AM

Exactly my point! For all we know, he could be the one dropping the price all the time with it. He thinks it's his money and for him to decide. While in fact, it should belong to the community that is supporting it.

It is simply his/theirs.

I only agree that it is suspicious all premine information has been deleted from the web.

technically: it is his. he can do with it whatever he wants. If he wants to sell them and convert them to euro that is up to him. I am not interested in where the premine is at and what is done with it. I can see that a lot of effort is put into development. That has to be paid somehow. You could find 100 "coins" where you should really be concerned about the premine. Coins where nothing happens and all the people that started it is running off with other peoples money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: