Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:28:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why KYC is important?  (Read 3269 times)
RDexx $

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:12:21 AM

Thanks to the author for the article. KYC is indeed an important part of ICO as it makes operations with the crypto currency more transparent, accordingly more acceptable from the legal point of view.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cinaka omaro

Activity: 210
Merit: 35

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:20:44 AM

Of course KYC aka Know Your Customer is very important for the developer of a coin or token because with KYC they can so to find the data of the investors in their coins or tokens
Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:13:53 PM

KYC is important to identify potential investors. Due to SEC regulations and countries prohibiting investments in crypto currency it becomes more necessary.
There is also the question of misuse of personal data especially with so many scam ICOs.
Joker121212

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:59:56 PM

Although I do not like KYC, because it's troublesome. but I'm totally supportive. Having no KYC can easily lead to fraud, and then one day the Ico will ban the participation of a country that is found to have too much fraud. Fraudsters benefit, and you are right upright
xPotato_02

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:46:21 PM

Short answer is to prevent fraud, and abuse of the system.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:24:10 PM

Doing KYC ruins all the fun of having an anonymous marketplace. I do understand that for some projects it might be necessary because of the local laws, but if every campaign starts asking for it then it would ruin the fun.
It is not that people have something to hide but I just don't feel comfortable giving out the details of my passport and photos. What if it is being used illegally in some part of the world?
oyeade56

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 10:10:56 PM

As the full meaning implies, KYC is "Know Your Customer". It's for bounty managements to know their customers like the investors. But what am a little confused about is why it's applicable to Bounty hunters as well....
katawan4741
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:31:40 PM

KYC is stands for "Know Your Customer" and i think this is a system that identifies the true identity of a participants. And this KYC is important in order to validate cheaters and those scammers. But sometimes it can be used also by those scammers also by pretending to have a n ICO and will ask your information for their own benefit like using your information for bad intention and  this is the disadvantage of KYC system implemented.

That's true but sad to say that bounty participants are still able to find ways for cheating. They make fake ID's and other required documents to be eligible for making extra rewards for cheating. So there a little doubt in implementing KYC cause still cheater find hole in it.
santafewarrior1980

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:17:57 PM

KYC is stands for "Know Your Customer" and i think this is a system that identifies the true identity of a participants. And this KYC is important in order to validate cheaters and those scammers. But sometimes it can be used also by those scammers also by pretending to have a n ICO and will ask your information for their own benefit like using your information for bad intention and  this is the disadvantage of KYC system implemented.

That's true but sad to say that bounty participants are still able to find ways for cheating. They make fake ID's and other required documents to be eligible for making extra rewards for cheating. So there a little doubt in implementing KYC cause still cheater find hole in it.

Yes, some participants are really disappointing they did not give a fair and equal distribution of tokens thay why they are creating more accounts to participate in a single ICOs project or bounty campaigns.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
Bitkoplak

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:54:33 PM

Thread is very helpful, but many problems faced by investors where, there are some projects that require investors to do kyc using passports, while investors in certain countries difficulty in making passports, in this project I choose to go
goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:16:20 PM

People are not comfortable to share details online with anonymous entities , in ICO pool they don't need KYC , neither KYC need on buying the same token from exchanges . so if project is average we can buy token after listing on exchanges .
It is important for project team because laws are getting strict than last year and they have to think about future also , if any new regulation ask them for details of investors . as of now it is needed for AML check .
rangko

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:20:13 PM

Yes nowdays for ICOs needed KYC.
It is better way to go Exchange also.
So If you are ICO company, I surely recommend to KYC.
GodsChosenVessel
Copper Member

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 10:34:00 PM

KYC stands for Know Your Customer.. It's a way of knowing those that participated in an ICOs, most especially the investors because in some countries, cryptocurrency is not accepted.

Ethereum Next is a brand-new cryptocurrency
 Twitter      ⟹ Ethereum Next  ⟸     telegram
jhon_21

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 10:42:28 PM

In often times KYC is much more important because of by this process any company can know properly who takes their money and what times they take it or is anybody using many account of him/her own.
Deubila

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:57:07 PM

People are not comfortable to share details online with anonymous entities , in ICO pool they don't need KYC , neither KYC need on buying the same token from exchanges . so if project is average we can buy token after listing on exchanges .
It is important for project team because laws are getting strict than last year and they have to think about future also , if any new regulation ask them for details of investors . as of now it is needed for AML check .
KYC is a standard model in the investment industry to ensure that investment advisors identify the details of risk tolerance, investment knowledge, and customer financial position. KYC's formulas protect both clients and investment advisers. Thanks to the investment advice from the consultants, customers will know which investment best suits their personal circumstances. And the investment advisers are going to know what the client can and can not put into the portfolio. This is a form that should be promoted in the crypto market to limit scams when investing in ICO.
cryptomining

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:37:27 AM

I've done a lot of KYC until today. I do not think I ever go to ICO banned countries. Example USA .
Spend.com
Copper Member

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:29:08 AM

KYC using a platform is important as the platform is responsible for what money transacts on it. Decentralized Exchanges don't have that requirement because they are relayers set up for you to be able to trade with another peer (p2p)
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:54:58 AM

it seems to me KYC is very important because with the KYC ico founders can know the token is distributed to where and for whom and can know the countries of the participants ico. because we know every country has regulation for ico in circulation.
exbase

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:04:40 AM

KYC is Orwell 1984 in real life.
That's why we https://exba.se
NEVER EVER WILL DO KYC.
Cacao2017

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:35:03 AM

KYC is very important to verify the identity of the customer to reduce the phishing status or using the virtual nickname that makes us more honest and called the personal identity of the customer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: