Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:45:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: decrypt old wallet.dat file  (Read 406 times)
julia.budd (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:48:32 AM

I found a bitcoin wallet.dat file from my old compute, now I install bitcoin core and import it, but it need a password.
Always I used  6 numbers, but it is too slow to try one by one, how should I found it from 000000-999999, address:1BRLC5V3nyEmN4heoov1BVNaYW9zXdSVKj.
Please contact me if you have a quick way, I will send 3 btc as fee, charles87.lee at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
keychainX

Activity: 374
Merit: 53

Telegram @keychainX

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 06:53:08 AM

I found a bitcoin wallet.dat file from my old compute, now I install bitcoin core and import it, but it need a password.
Always I used  6 numbers, but it is too slow to try one by one, how should I found it from 000000-999999, address:1BRLC5V3nyEmN4heoov1BVNaYW9zXdSVKj.
Please contact me if you have a quick way, I will send 3 btc as fee, charles87.lee at gmail dot com

There are several tools to do this, and there are several services.

You can start by looking for "wallet recovery service" on this forum or any search engine.

You can also generate a hash from the wallet and use tools like hashcat.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 07:28:47 AM
Merited by HeRetiK (1)

There are also several scammers who will take  your funds! Be very careful who you trust, don't send your wallet.dat to anyone (1 million possibilities is very easy to brute-force), and ignore all "offers" you get through PM!

You can start by looking for "wallet recovery service" on this forum or any search engine.
Here too: there are legit services, and there are scams.

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 07:35:18 AM

There are also several scammers who will take  your funds! Be very careful who you trust, don't send your wallet.dat to anyone (1 million possibilities is very easy to brute-force), and ignore all "offers" you get through PM!

I second this.

I'd urge the op to do his own brute-forcing. This tool worked wonders for me in the past: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover

I can't imagine it taking long to brute force a password that only consists of 6 numbers... I wouldn't risk getting scammed by using an external service.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 06:13:39 AM

I would discourage you from accepting any 'offers' via email. The majority will be scam.

1.000.000 combinations is very easy to bruteforce. You don't need specialized hardware or knowledge to do so.

The safest (and cheapest) way would be to bruteforce it yourself. As already mentioned, btcrecover is what you are looking for.
You will be able to check all combinations locally on your PC, without revealing any private information. You can find a tutorial on how to use btcrecover/tokenfile here.

If you have trouble using this tool correctly, feel free to post your questions.

Keres

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:27:21 PM

There are also several scammers who will take  your funds! Be very careful who you trust, don't send your wallet.dat to anyone (1 million possibilities is very easy to brute-force), and ignore all "offers" you get through PM!

I second this.

I'd urge the op to do his own brute-forcing. This tool worked wonders for me in the past: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover

I can't imagine it taking long to brute force a password that only consists of 6 numbers... I wouldn't risk getting scammed by using an external service.

a 6 "number" password should be very easy! there's no need for OP to actually use any third-party service, i have never used https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover but i've heard it's good.

"Jd8!O_" for example taked around 14 Hrs to crack with a I5-6600K ( i might be wrong tho ), if you use your GPU it should be even faster (depending on your GPu that is hehe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: