Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:34:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How would centralized Bitcoin be like?  (Read 114 times)
cheefbuza (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:32:37 PM

Centralized Bitcoin would be limited supply by the banks and the government and I think it would actually success faster than the actual Bitcoin and would already catch a mass adoption by millions at some countries due to way better regulations and partnerships with central banks but I think it wouldn't be a "revolution" such Bitcoin is. It wouldn't be game-changing in our economic system so it would be just a waste idea but it would be quite funny to see the government and all the banks trying to convince us to buy Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is what it is. But what would it be like if it would be centralized, managed by the government and central banks?
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:40:32 PM

If bitcoin is centered and managed by the bank it will not characterize the decentralized bitcoin, and I do not think it is suitable for application.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:50:03 PM

at some point in time we are gonna have to contend with the centralization of bitcoins even if its at the point where it enters the fiat world , point is bitcoins is destined to become our new currency and its decentralized feature will be lost when it eventually becomes that main currency. If you cannot control or predict your main currency then you cannot plan financially and as such that would spell disaster for most economies. we are being allowed to experience the "unbridled bitcoins" but this is only for a time because its very clear no government will accept a currency that you cannot plan against , At some point whether we like it or not bitcoins will be centralized.

monchi

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:51:43 PM

It will be like a typical bank now if bitcoin is centralized. That again can face the problems encountered in banks, longer transaction time and much vulnerable to hacking.
The bitcoins blockchain solves all of that. The system is very powerful to prevent hacking since there are lots of nodes should be attacked at once in order to do it.

This tread gave me an idea what if a fiat currency is used in the blockchain instead of issuing token and such. It is decentralized, fast and secure. The problem though since it is fiat currency its price isn't very volatile and subjected to inflation.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:53:31 PM

One of the reason why bitcoin attracted a lot of people, is because of its decentralization. Meaning to say, people wanted to access in bitcoin because bitcoin itself does not hold by the government. But I think right now, bitcoin is not decentralized as what before because it seems that the government in other countries regulates the bitcoin. Regulate in a way that taxes are imposed in bitcoin.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:54:34 PM

If centralized from the core and circulated by banks, bitcoin will become a normal currency in disguise of Cryptocurrency. Just the application will be virtual and nothing else. The basic idea of Cryptocurrency will be doomed. Governments and Banks will control the circulation and your freedom in virtual world will go for a toss.

Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:01:28 AM

Centralized bitcoin ofcourse controlled by government and central banks. There is a tax,rules and regulation people must to follow. There is an authority over it. You need to use centralized bitcoin according to the implementation of the authority assigned on it. It means you can use it without freedom. Your every transaction are not anonymous,you can't hide your identity.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:00:49 AM

i don't like the idea, bitcoin is decentralized.
if it become centralized, it is not different with other fiat currency.
if it is centralized, it will controlled by the central system, not cool.
syusk82

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:06:14 AM

Centralized Bitcoin would be limited supply by the banks and the government and I think it would actually success faster than the actual Bitcoin and would already catch a mass adoption by millions at some countries due to way better regulations and partnerships with central banks but I think it wouldn't be a "revolution" such Bitcoin is. It wouldn't be game-changing in our economic system so it would be just a waste idea but it would be quite funny to see the government and all the banks trying to convince us to buy Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is what it is. But what would it be like if it would be centralized, managed by the government and central banks?

Bitcoin is also the most concentrated asset in the world. About 1,000 people hold 40% of the current global bitcoin, and these 1,000 people have the ability to influence the overall pricing of Bitcoin. Considering that the rise and fall of Bitcoin is not based on any related assets but based on human emotions, high concentration may be more risky.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: