Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:08:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System Suggestion Update  (Read 993 times)
m1c0

Activity: 148
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:27:43 PM

My suggestion for the Merit system would be a hardfork for the Merit. 1 Merit = 100 merit cents.

Why? Because then posts that are not worthy of receiving a whole merit can also be highlighted somewhat.

What would that mean? Anyone could contribute with just a small amount.
However, a summary would have to be made on each post because the "merited by xxx" would be much longer.

A second suggestion would be to limit the number of merit points a user can receive from a single user.
For example, each user may give a maximum of 10 merits to another user within a certain period of time (2-4 weeks).
This would at least slow down people with secondary accounts to push merits back and forth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:26:18 PM

Well, this is very Natural Thread to me i do consider it 50/50 5o% for Complain and 50% for appreciation.
Yes, it is so very Difficult to Receive merits from other merit sources, especially if you have nothing to contribute to the forum or the post you make is not interesting, specifically not constructive and Quality, if OP would be going to search the whole Forum members, maybe you will know "NULLIUS" The Smart Guy Which Deserves a Lot of Smerits.
We need to make a thing that is useful and quality posts too, without it then we will not get anything. While there are currently some people who are easy to get merit I am quite unsure that they are fully contributed. But in conclusion I think merit point has made the forum better. There are significant improvements in terms of quality, but as you can say that many people feel disadvantaged, they are people who can not contribute but want things like get merit. It is an interesting thing to always discuss, yes they are not trying to improve what they do by contributing to this forum.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:06:17 PM

Well, this is very Natural Thread to me i do consider it 50/50 5o% for Complain and 50% for appreciation.
Yes, it is so very Difficult to Receive merits from other merit sources, especially if you have nothing to contribute to the forum or the post you make is not interesting, specifically not constructive and Quality, if OP would be going to search the whole Forum members, maybe you will know "NULLIUS" The Smart Guy Which Deserves a Lot of Smerits.
We need to make a thing that is useful and quality posts too, without it then we will not get anything. While there are currently some people who are easy to get merit I am quite unsure that they are fully contributed. But in conclusion I think merit point has made the forum better. There are significant improvements in terms of quality, but as you can say that many people feel disadvantaged, they are people who can not contribute but want things like get merit. It is an interesting thing to always discuss, yes they are not trying to improve what they do by contributing to this forum.

Though the merit system is  a problematic one for you, it has developed the entire forum. Many guys have improved their quality posts. The number of spam posts have been reduced. People are driving to contribute quality posts to get merits though they don't expect. Smerits do get over. The smerit is not enough for ranks until Sr.Member. Once it gets over, we need to have patience to get the smerits. This would bring name and fame to your account. Your reputation would seriously grow in the forum.
zhdmil

Activity: 94
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:08:30 PM

IM STILL NEW HERE IN BCT FORUM SO IF THIS POST VIOLATE ANY RULES PLEASE JUST DELETE AND DONT BAN ME PLEASE.

I have some suggestion about this merit system.
Because of it is too hard to gain merits, this came out on my mind.
What if people who has a lot of sMerit make another account and send merit to his/her own account to rank up for farming, newbies here like me get hard times to gain merits and it is not fair to newbies like me.

Lets accept the fact that even you make sa useful and high Quality post you still dont get merit sometimes.

My suggestion
Why dont make it like this, No sMerit system only MERIT system and only admins can send merit to a post so that it will be fair for all and less the job of admin by checking someone send merits to another if its a farm account.
In this system no one can play the merits only the admins.

Negative side of this opinion I think is that the job of admins here will be a bit harder by checking quality of the post and giving merits to members here.

Positive side of this is that merit system will be fair to all newbies and elders here, and if the admins manage the merit system no useful and high quality post will be ignored.

EDIT: In additional I think we can make merit system automatic like activity. depends on the how long the post is, and if the post is not useful or quality merits can be gone if the post is deleted by the admins.
(there must be a lenght requirements to be merited automatically, I think all can notice a long post if its a spam post/trash then if everyone report a trash post it can be automatically deleted).

Any more additional suggestions are welcome.
If you find something wrong in my post let me know to fix this.

EDIT: Im not against this merit system, this system is nice because of its effect, Im just suggesting.

PLEASE DONT THINK IM COMPLAINING
I strongly agree with this suggestion, the point is justice of giving merit to members of appropriate forum. There are some beginners who are knowledgeable and make quality posts but no one at least thinks they are worth a merit. Not that I am against this merit system. but, please do not ignore the beginners in this forum. I prefer if merit is given directly by admin!
AltheaHeart14

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:34:19 PM

IM STILL NEW HERE IN BCT FORUM SO IF THIS POST VIOLATE ANY RULES PLEASE JUST DELETE AND DONT BAN ME PLEASE.

What if people who has a lot of sMerit make another account and send merit to his/her own account to rank up for farming, newbies here like me get hard times to gain merits and it is not fair to newbies like me.

Lets accept the fact that even you make sa useful and high Quality post you still dont get merit sometimes.

My suggestion
Why dont make it like this, No sMerit system only MERIT system and only admins can send merit to a post so that it will be fair for all and less the job of admin by checking someone send merits to another if its a farm account.

Negative side of this opinion I think is that the job of admins here will be a bit harder by checking quality of the post and giving merits to members here.

Positive side of this is that merit system will be fair to all newbies and elders here, and if the admins manage the merit system no useful and high quality post will be ignored.

EDIT: In additional I think we can make merit system automatic like activity. depends on the how long the post is, and if the post is not useful or quality merits can be gone if the post is deleted by the admins.
(there must be a lenght requirements to be merited automatically, I think all can notice a long post if its a spam post/trash then if everyone report a trash post it can be automatically deleted).

EDIT: Im not against this merit system, this system is nice because of its effect, Im just suggesting.

Yes i agree with your statement especially on negative side of merit system. Thousand or morethan a thousand user of bitcoin here on this forum and i think the admin cannot check all of the quality post by the user

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 12:06:49 AM

My suggestion

I agree 100% with this and with your suggestion. The way merit system is set up today is so much open to cheating and creating a circle of friends that are going to merit themselves even for the silliest thing published. I agree that only mods and admins should give merit.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 05:16:04 AM

I agree 100% with this and with your suggestion. The way merit system is set up today is so much open to cheating and creating a circle of friends that are going to merit themselves even for the silliest thing published. I agree that only mods and admins should give merit.
You are missing a point, my friend. You should read this one.
More mass merit farming

I agree the fact that there are many cheaters, merit farmers, merit exchangers who always try to cheat the young merit system to increase their merit points illegally. However, they will be tagged, reported and  banned sooner or later as you can see in the topic I show you.
Massive merit farmer was found and over 200 accounts banned immediately. I think this response is good for the forum.  Grin

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:22:02 AM

I don't agree with your suggestion. Don't make my opinion too harsh or negative because we have our own opinions.  Wink

First, see how many admins do we have in this forum and with this number of users and the number of posts everyday they will not gonna do it. They will not check every thread every day and see if there is a merit-eligible post in that thread.

Second, I like the sMerit system because we can share our merits to everyone and at the same time we help them to rank up too. Yes there might be some users who are abusing it but as far as I know, there are some users here hunting the merit abusers and the admins punish them thru temporary ban or permanent ban.

When I first see this merit system, to be honest I said "What the f*** is this?" and I read theymos' post about the merit and I said again that "It will be harder for me to rank up". Several weeks later since the merit system has been added, I saw the benefits of this thru the meta thread. Many users were banned because of shitposting. Many shitposters probably left the forum and we don't care about them, we are just users of this forum. There are some users who abuse merit system and given a negative trust.

For me, I don't think that merit system needs to be tweaked or changed. I like how it is now.

P.S. I hope threads regarding merit will be stopped in the next weeks of the next months because its flooding the Meta Section.  Grin Grin

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:53:29 AM

You are missing a point, my friend. You should read this one.
More mass merit farming

I agree the fact that there are many cheaters, merit farmers, merit exchangers who always try to cheat the young merit system to increase their merit points illegally. However, they will be tagged, reported and  banned sooner or later as you can see in the topic I show you.
Massive merit farmer was found and over 200 accounts banned immediately. I think this response is good for the forum.  Grin
Actually things like that can be seen very clearly, I'm sure the mod here has a special formula to crack down on such things. In addition, our active role to report to the administrator becomes a very good thing, it can reduce the work burden and the target of unfair people will be easier to know. We want to create a system that is comfortable for everyone, it can be done if there is support from everyone. we as users of forums and mod as people who have the authority to crack down on unfair people and commit fraud to increase their merit point.
De4ted

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:17:30 PM

The OP clearly stated that this is not a whining about the merit system, So that I like the fact that this is only a suggestion.
I personally like the merit system too its an effective way to stop those farmers, on the other side I can see that the OP is right about sMerit system being the problem here.
I see those reply that it is hard for the admins to distribute the bounty and if its automatically distributed it can also cause spam and that right.
I think the best way for this problem is to assign high rank trusted members in distributing merits, 1 or 2 person in every section can monitor the post easily it is to appraise all those high quality and helpful content and no one will be ignored wether its high rank or low rank. In this way we can reduce the post about being unfair of the merit distribution and it can motivate new members to be a good member in the community.
-less spammer
-less farmer
- increases the quality of the post of each member
-less problem about whining (im sure that only shitpeople will still cry)
-fair to all
-no headache for the admins  Smiley
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 04:20:54 PM

A second suggestion would be to limit the number of merit points a user can receive from a single user.
For example, each user may give a maximum of 10 merits to another user within a certain period of time (2-4 weeks).
This would at least slow down people with secondary accounts to push merits back and forth.

That limit is already set at 50 per month.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: