Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google banning crupto ads  (Read 22319 times)
sjbi (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:04:23 AM

Google following in the footsteps of Facebook to ban ads for cryptocurrencies and ICOs. What is befalling the crupto market? Will it affect the market as a whole? or what will be its effects? are bad days coming close for cryptocurrencies? https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/03/14/google-to-ban-cryptocurrency-initial-coin-offering-ads/ 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:07:33 AM

why would it be relevant at all if Google and Facebook bans crypto ADS?
its just Advertisements? who advertises, ICOs?
not really a big deal at all

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 08:15:18 AM

some investors discovered crypto through adverts, adverts sparks interest of the people and they somehow click ads and found it interesting and so they learn more about it and send money for the project funds. its adds the flow of money going into the marketcap overall. if fb and google bans the advertising then its going to slow down the development. adoption may take years and years which made this relevant.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:21:37 AM

some investors discovered crypto through adverts, adverts sparks interest of the people and they somehow click ads and found it interesting and so they learn more about it and send money for the project funds. its adds the flow of money going into the marketcap overall. if fb and google bans the advertising then its going to slow down the development. adoption may take years and years which made this relevant.

it's not like the people who click ads on facebook and google stands for a majority of the future money that will come into crypto(my opinion).
for the average consumer, I find it unlikely they care what so ever about What they are using (like blockchain-based things or not),
while the decentralization seems useful in terms of currency, the real adoption would come from the real world use cases in various industries(my opinion).

I just can't imagine facebook and google ads being all that relevant, sure it has a relevance, but not like it's a make or break for crypto, nor that it would prolonge 'adoption' for years..
it's not like any rich people are taking investment advice from advertisements on facebook, how much does the Average user put in? a few 100 or 1000 dollars?
how many billions could various industries gain from using blockchain technology?

it might even be good, considering how many new users came in december/january.
that insane growth that happened at that time was obvious to come crashing down,
and with all the regular people without any clue about what they're investing in,
they're all going to sell off quite quickly the moment it goes down, causing a chain reaction.

Compare that with those who know what they're investing in, and therefor don't feel the need to sell off.
if anything, it's more like people being worried there's noone to take their bags in the soon future

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
flipperfin

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:28:59 AM

I think its good, way too much money is being posted into ICOs, especially shit ones that exitscam - which is just pulling money out of the market prolonging this bear cycle.
Crypto__Men

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:38:03 AM

Since the beginning of June, Google will introduce a ban on advertising cryptocurrencies, ICO and binary options. Previously, Facebook went to such a step to protect users from" unscrupulous companies
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:29:20 PM

Google banning crupto ads is the good news for bounty hunters on this forum because advertising money will flow to bounties more

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:30:11 PM

Google following in the footsteps of Facebook to ban ads for cryptocurrencies and ICOs. What is befalling the crupto market? Will it affect the market as a whole? or what will be its effects? are bad days coming close for cryptocurrencies? https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/03/14/google-to-ban-cryptocurrency-initial-coin-offering-ads/ 

We don't need them. I don't see any ads on google about crypto at all. It's their loss not ours.
voxdu12

Activity: 322

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:36:40 PM

I think it will have an impact on the market and it's very global, it's a stupid decision from facebook and google, anyway sooner or later they will come to it again and all will be allowed and will make money from this

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:08:23 PM

This topic has become threadbare with constant use. what is all the hue and cry all about, and to think ads have always been an irritant and a nuisance for the average user.
emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:21:18 PM

google ha many reason to ban this adds because it is very difficult to determine which ones a legit and which ones are scams, so they don´t want trouble and get out of it.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:28:38 PM

I think everyone heard about crupto now anyway

Real investor types will have researched for themselves

johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:34:53 PM

I think everyone heard about crupto now anyway

Real investor types will have researched for themselves
I agreed,this will lessen noob investors from getting scammed by these scam ICOs,people are stupid because they are investing to these projects unaware of the risk of getting scammed because of these advertisements,now that these people wont have any chance of getting advertise they wont have good chance of getting people's money easily,the last place that they can advertise would be in bitcointalk and im sure scam projects wont have any good chance here.

jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:38:02 PM

Very sad news for Google, all the same FBI has completed its work and now Google will not advertise anything like this for the crypto industry. Maybe it's for the better, because even Google can not hold back the onslaught of Crypto-currency
maronk

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:48:24 PM

google ha many reason to ban this adds because it is very difficult to determine which ones a legit and which ones are scams, so they don´t want trouble and get out of it.
Agree with this

It's true there are too many ICOs that only lead to fraud cases and that's why Facebook and Google take a decision or policy to ban their Ads. But it does not prohibit overall in other words only ICO has actually passed the regulation where Facebook and Google are in the rule of law that they obey to avoid problems in the future. With So they will work even harder to sort out which ones are worth to advertise on them Shocked
spiker777

Activity: 992
Merit: 278

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 07:50:06 PM

Overall, I think there are far too many ICOs anyway. I don't agree with Google banning advertisements for established cryptocurrencies though, e.g. Those in the top 10 by market cap. This is likely to hurt the growth potential of these coins, though not likely as much as people think as they can still be discovered through searches, which is how most people would see those adverts anyway.

rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:53:49 PM

Kind of good imo, it feels like they are praying on the weak with these ico ads.
Olega252

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 07:57:27 PM

My opinion that it is just dumping of news on cryptocurrencies what will give them these news? Correctly, for to be bought at the bottom, to the states, not for nothing they press on the market of cryptocurrencies, remember still my words

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:59:37 PM

we are already seeing the effect of this news to the bitcoin's price as it go down up to $8250 from my last check, if there will no fud incoming for this week i believe at this stage is the best price to buy since it will surely bounce back in just a few days especially on weekends.

3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:16:21 PM

Looks like they are following Facebook's path. But I still see we power ads on my Facebook wall via ads so still they haven't banned anything. Or if they do ban then they cannot check each and every ad in their system because literally they're would be 1000s of ads a day which can't be reviewed.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆