Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:21:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is altcoins are depends on btc  (Read 158 times)
Smpdytz1 (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:45:24 AM

If btc down will altcoin also down or will it have a future without bitcoin

YayProto   |   DECENTRALIZED MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM
▬▬▬  ●  ●   JOIN OUR PRE-ICO: JAN 22   ●  ●  ▬▬▬[/c (http://bit.ly/yayProtoSiteFromBBT)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:51:41 AM

A resounding yes I guess. BTC is what most of the guys are here for so if they have the opportunity to grab more bitcoin, they'd dump their altcoins to have more btc while those who have btc are also converting to USD. Holding BTC might be the best thing to do but then its also sinking, its your choice.  Cool
cris hazada

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:57:47 AM

It will be very long, and for at least 1 year, ALT will depend on BTC, BTC always accounts for 40% of market capitalization, all purchases via 85% Think BTC it will dominate the market for a long time
simaislam

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:06:02 AM

it will be very long, and for at least 1 year, ALT will depend on btc,btc always accounts for 40% of market capitalization, all purchases via 85% think btc it will dominate the market for a long time btc down than altcoin will also down.it have a future without btc.we can also say that btc is what most of the guys are here for so if they have the opportunity to grab more bitcoin, they'd dump their altcoins to have more btc while those who have btc are also converting to USD.holding btc might be the best thing to do but then its also sinking, its your choice.  
Thyristor

Activity: 471
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:10:30 AM

I have no deep knowledge with Bitcoin because i have never research it.But i know something about alt coin and it will be fully depended on ethereum.When eth price is growing than alt market is pumped.In the last month of the previous year ETH touched 1200$ when all alt is pumped a lot.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:15:46 AM

It is depends on the consumer most of the investors are invest in Bitcoin and altcoins. If any bad news are affected in the crypto market. Automatically investors are sell the Bitcoin and altcoin so the price fluctuation is happen in all the coins. Because demands and supply is the more important ratio in cryptocurrency.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Mark 360

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:17:41 AM

yes altcoins prices are dependent on btc value.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:24:31 AM

The market dominance of bitcoin is currently at 41.7%. So it is the strongest currency among all other crypto currency. That is the reason why we are seeing a trend, where altcoins go down along with the price of bitcoin. But there are few altcoins as well that goes up when bitcoin goes down. In real world scenario, you can compare it with the behavior of gold. Usually when the stock market goes down, the gold price goes up because people move their funds to gold for capital protection. I have seen DigixDao and SirinLabsToken with the similar characteristics.

As of now, the current trend is much similar to what you've mentioned. But slowly we will see a reversal. Currently bitcoin is being mined and we have a stable supply in the market. But once all bitcoins are mined, we will have to rely on the external sources of supply like traders and consumers. That is the time, when we will see the reversal of trend. Some other worthy altcoins will take the position of where bitcoin is now and control the market along with its movement. But for now, you've correctly mentioned the current trend.

bungutko

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:47:51 AM

The market dominance of bitcoin is currently at 41.7%. So it is the strongest currency among all other crypto currency. That is the reason why we are seeing a trend, where altcoins go down along with the price of bitcoin. But there are few altcoins as well that goes up when bitcoin goes down. In real world scenario, you can compare it with the behavior of gold. Usually when the stock market goes down, the gold price goes up because people move their funds to gold for capital protection. I have seen DigixDao and SirinLabsToken with the similar characteristics.

As of now, the current trend is much similar to what you've mentioned. But slowly we will see a reversal. Currently bitcoin is being mined and we have a stable supply in the market. But once all bitcoins are mined, we will have to rely on the external sources of supply like traders and consumers. That is the time, when we will see the reversal of trend. Some other worthy altcoins will take the position of where bitcoin is now and control the market along with its movement. But for now, you've correctly mentioned the current trend.

I will have to agree that most of the time if BTC is on dip, the majority of the alts were also on dip mode where I think BTC is very much correlated with the other cryptocurrencies in the market. You may try to check at coinmarketcap currencies in daily basis where you can observe the movement trend in the crypto market. i think that it would be great if you are planning to buy btc, it should be in a situation where btc is at dip since price is cheaper and then you should hold it for good until the pump comes to happen.
wall101

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:56:48 AM

Of course, since the price of bitcoin decreases everything altcoins or tokens because I've seen it before and that I've surveyed it well.
Quinni

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:01:31 AM

Altcoin is based on BTC. If the value of BTC is lower and lower, the value of altcoin will be lower and lower, so it is better to buy BTC before buying altcoin.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
eduvacation.net

Activity: 96

Nice Trip With Us

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 11:02:38 AM

It seems like this topic is very much discussed. maybe I will just emphasize that as long as altcoin still refers to bitcoin to determine the price in the market then altcoin will follow the movement of bitcoin price because until now there has been no crypto that could become the biggest competitor of bitcoin.

❍ Treon ❍
▐ Utilities payments made  simple ▌
███ Telecom, Electricity, Gas and Water  ████
nalan075

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:04:18 AM

Short term movements between Bitcoin and altcoins are negatively correlated.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:19:43 AM

I doubt bitcoin will ever completely down, dead or abandoned,
If it does, which most likely never going to happen, another altcoin will arise and take its place as the supreme coin
and all other altcoins will be traded based on this coin, and cryptoworld continue as usual Cool
the most prominent candidates would be BCH, LTC or ETH as the next #1 crypto currency

desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:24:49 AM

I have no deep knowledge with Bitcoin because i have never research it.But i know something about alt coin and it will be fully depended on ethereum.When eth price is growing than alt market is pumped.In the last month of the previous year ETH touched 1200$ when all alt is pumped a lot.

When you said altcoin is depending on etherium price yes it might be true.
We know etehrium price is not depending on bitcoin but sometime when bitcoin goes up, the value of etehrium also increasing in order to compare with fiat
kyle999

Activity: 475

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:26:02 AM

The bitcoin has the highest price in all crypto currency so, Maybe it can command all altcoins or tokens.
That may increase or decrease the price.
retampan

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:28:09 AM

Actually, no. The altcoin(s) movement was following bitcoin movement because the communities believe that altcoin(s) will always be following bitcoin no matter what, this usually happens on a big exchange like Binance. Some of the small exchanges like coinexchange and stocks.exchange usually have their own unique movement for each coin, especially for PoS coin.
IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:32:30 AM

I can say yes. Altcoins are depended on BTC price. Because most of the altcoin paired with BTC.
If BTC dump, your altcoin values also drop. That's why I prefer trade coin which has pair with FIAT (USD) like NEO, ADA, and ETH.

zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:39:06 AM

I doubt bitcoin will ever completely down, dead or abandoned,
If it does, which most likely never going to happen, another altcoin will arise and take its place as the supreme coin
and all other altcoins will be traded based on this coin, and cryptoworld continue as usual Cool
the most prominent candidates would be BCH, LTC or ETH as the next #1 crypto currency

I also doubt the bitcoin will totally fall, die, and be abandoned. Well, there is nothing impossible in this world, and if it does happen, it is a real sign of the failure of bitcoin developers to compete with other altcoins and of course, its role as the ultimate and most dominant cryptocurrency of all will be taken over by altcoins that deserve the title.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:42:00 AM

altcoins

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: