Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google to ban ICO and cryptocurrency AD  (Read 262 times)
tokenpool (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:01:02 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 11:33:32 AM by tokenpool

Google is going to change its financial product policy in June this year. They have mentioned in the recent blog post that cryptocurrency ads, Initial Coin offering and related content like cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency wallets, and cryptocurrency trading advice will be removed from June 2018.

This will affect all of Google's ad products, meaning companies will not be able to serve crypto-related ads on the search engine giant’s own sites, as well as third-party sites in its network.

Just after a month of Facebook announcing that it would enforce a similar policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings to prevent cryptocurrency related promotions that might deliberately misguide investors, google has decided to update its financial product policy.

Google's official blog : https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7648803?hl=en&ref_topic=29265

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michael shikany

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:08:41 AM

Wow, this is a new policy, starting in June this year.
However, the policy also shows that Google can still provide advertising information for the country's encrypted money market, if national policies allow it.

rose9696

Activity: 770

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:11:46 AM

Wow, this is a new policy, starting in June this year.
However, the policy also shows that Google can still provide advertising information for the country's encrypted money market, if national policies allow it.
This is really bad news for the crypto market. Despite being well developed, there are some media that have prevented the development of cryptocurrency. Facebook and google really have no interest in bitcoin and they are giving the policy against the cryptocurrency market.
I do not know what their purpose is, but it really deters electronic money.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
jondel

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:13:34 AM

Advertisers offering Contracts for Difference, rolling spot forex, and financial spread betting will be required to be certified by Google before they can advertise through AdWords. Certification is only available in certain countries.

To be certified by Google, advertisers will need to:

Be licensed by the relevant financial services authority in the country or countries they are targeting
Ensure their ads and landing pages comply with all AdWords policies
Comply with relevant legal requirements, including those related to complex speculative financial products
Advertisers can request certification with Google starting March 2018 when the application form is published.

There are reasons why Google need to put restrictions on those ads. Maybe because there are too many scam project/investment offers.
dixon98

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 11:14:09 AM

First, it was Facebook who banned it.

Now, Google joins in the fray. Wonder who will be next?

What exactly is their concerns? Are they worried that they couldn't jump onto the crypto bandwagon? Thus losing market share?

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:19:36 AM

Absolutely a sad news for cryptocurrency community, this will give an effect to the market imo but I hope it wont give a serious bad side effect. This is just really unfortunate to see they are going to ban all crypto-related content instead of just ICO ads.
I do not understand why they decide to do so, there are still few months left and hopefully they will reconsider and revise the decision.
lennymat86

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:27:22 AM

This is completely unreasonable action. And most likely made for political reasons. By order of the government. Angry
captain8

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:29:12 AM

Who cares it just means less people are going to be getting scammed, scammers give crypto a bad name!

There are plenty of other ways to advertise!

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:37:49 AM

I believe this will never be a welcome development to the crypto market. Why are all these regulations coming up lately? I am sure it has the backings of some regulatory bodies and some other authorities. Google cannot just come up overnight with a regulation that won't be favourable to cryptocurrency. This would have also caused some forms of panic to some people and might result into more plunging of the crypto market. Nevertheless, the policy in a space of time can still be changed.
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:45:10 AM

sounds like a perfect new for CAT-bitclave holders

bitclave team is working on a decentralized search engine , and it is told that they re doing beta tests now

CAT token should make this news a big platform to skyrocket to the moon
BushuevNic

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:46:42 AM

Actually I'm not surprised. After Facebook started banning crypto Google was supposed to be the next.
I guess all the US located/originated ad.services and socials will be forced to do it sooner or later.
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:54:33 AM

First, it was Facebook who banned it.

Now, Google joins in the fray. Wonder who will be next?

What exactly is their concerns? Are they worried that they couldn't jump onto the crypto bandwagon? Thus losing market share?

Nobody else, or at least it wont matter because Google and Facebook are taking the lion share of internet ads. I think that this ban will have little-to-non impact over crypto currencies, because ICO's are not relying on traffic for FB & Google anyway.

Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:58:37 AM

I think this temporary phenomenon of advertising bans is cryptocurrency. Vkontakte also blocked advertising related to the crypto currency, but as it was quickly again allowed. By the way, what news on the prohibition of advertising crypto in Facebook? And it seems to be banned, but something is not felt yet.
magle

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 12:00:19 PM

I honestly don't see why they are even taking a stance on this. Google usually does not care at all about consumers. They ongoing allow chinese companies to advertise fake products or products involved in customs fraud on their platform.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:17:01 PM

Advertisers offering Contracts for Difference, rolling spot forex, and financial spread betting will be required to be certified by Google before they can advertise through AdWords. Certification is only available in certain countries.

To be certified by Google, advertisers will need to:

Be licensed by the relevant financial services authority in the country or countries they are targeting
Ensure their ads and landing pages comply with all AdWords policies
Comply with relevant legal requirements, including those related to complex speculative financial products
Advertisers can request certification with Google starting March 2018 when the application form is published.

There are reasons why Google need to put restrictions on those ads. Maybe because there are too many scam project/investment offers.
I have seen so many ponzi scam coins are running its service. This is why google will try to ban all of the ico related advertisement in june. I remember when bitconnect or even regal coin which both can be considered as scam projects were using it.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
visiblehand

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:27:23 PM

Google is always extremely conversation about allowing advertising of anything that might fall into a legal gray area.  While there's plenty of crypto that is clearly legal, they may feel that they aren't in a position to review every crypto ad to determine what locations it's legal for...making it easier for them to just ban the whole category for now.
taneka7

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:05:11 PM

Google is going to change its financial product policy in June this year. They have mentioned in the recent blog post that cryptocurrency ads, Initial Coin offering and related content like cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency wallets, and cryptocurrency trading advice will be removed from June 2018.

This will affect all of Google's ad products, meaning companies will not be able to serve crypto-related ads on the search engine giant’s own sites, as well as third-party sites in its network.

Just after a month of Facebook announcing that it would enforce a similar policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings to prevent cryptocurrency related promotions that might deliberately misguide investors, google has decided to update its financial product policy.

Google's official blog : https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7648803?hl=en&ref_topic=29265
If that comes true then the bubble will probably appear,
But do they really want that to happen, because this market still gives them a lot of $.
Cubanlinx81

Activity: 373
Merit: 11

CryptoRex

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:11:09 PM

This is just another bug company jumping on the appeasement bandwagon. Everyone try to stay on the Trump administrations good side. I’m sure there are more people get scammed by Google ads for health good than cryptos. I won’t hokd my breath until a similar policy for them is out in place.
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Cryptics

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:23:42 PM

Wow this is a sad news for crypto but i understand that it have to happen because there's a lot of people getting scammed by scam icos. Scammers really give crypto bad reputation but this is rather good news for bitclave holder because this decision will make people search for another search engine for their crypto use.

Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:31:55 PM

Wow this is a sad news for crypto but i understand that it have to happen because there's a lot of people getting scammed by scam icos. Scammers really give crypto bad reputation but this is rather good news for bitclave holder because this decision will make people search for another search engine for their crypto use.
This will be huge, i would expect much bigger influence than in the case of Facebook ban. If we link these restrictions with lastly SEC statement about ICOs i think that ICOs will have much more problems and many projects will end during their campaigns
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: