Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:31:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce a "Up vote & Down vote" system instead of the "Merit" system  (Read 370 times)
Alone055

Activity: 1000
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 04:18:02 PM

2. Even if a spammer or a account farmer up voted a post other people can down vote it. So total votes will be based on majority. Spamming will be harder.

How much does it cost to make an account?  Nothing
What kind of email validation do we use?  Nothing

The majority will be the account farmers and spammers.   The legitimate users like myself would be drowned out.

People would use their army of accounts to down vote their competition.  :/

That is exactly what my point was by this:

1.Replacing the merit system with "Up vote & Down vote" or "Positive & Negative karma" system like in Reddit and Steemit will be the most wise decision.
2.Every member(or higher than jr.member) should be allowed to up vote or down vote a post or a reply.

Yeah! So that people with hundreds of accounts start spamming the threads with up & down votes as there are not limits on creating accounts on the forum and there should be no restrictions for anyone as per your solution. I think there can be no better way of spoiling the forum than this.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blue Tyrant
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 65

IOS - The secure, scalable blockchain

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:20:18 PM

People would use their army of accounts to down vote their competition.  :/

Why do I feel like this is reference pointing at a certain someone  Roll Eyes

Seriously the point of merits was adding a variable the shitposters don't have a control over. If all you need is an account then what stops people from alting? What stops them from making 100s of accounts (heck most of the shitposters have a ton of accounts already)?

Spoiler: Nothing

actisstupidname

Activity: 67
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:41:51 PM

Remove all signatures - case closed/forum quiet again (crickets).
Sock778

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:40:49 PM

No. I don't agree with your suggestions.

I believe the merit system is in play, and it's hot af.

While it's true that most scammers and balh blah were ported over from the old bitcointalk system, that's fine. At least the merit system and new activity system cuts off the influx of NEW scammers and NEW scammer accounts.

The old scammer accounts will be weeded out eventually, and it's already happening. Slowly, they'll gain negative trust and get banned too. When that happens, old scammer accounts will slowly die out. And there won't be new scammer accounts to replace them.
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 08:04:04 PM

It is about time we differentiate forum in a social media.

Buddy there's a merit sources everywhere if a newbie or lower account post a constructive opinion about something a merit sources would have a chance to give an smerits, it is just not very dominant to notice for the reason that only a few selected member is a merit sources let's just wait to see an announcement of official all member of merit source.

this is the unofficial thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823944.msg28929005#msg28929005
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:53:47 PM

Seriously the point of merits was adding a variable the shitposters don't have a control over. If all you need is an account then what stops people from alting? What stops them from making 100s of accounts (heck most of the shitposters have a ton of accounts already)?

Spoiler: Nothing
Once they have one of the account at higher rank level with huge amount of sMerit they quickly have exclusive vantage point to do whatever they want. moving around Merit between their account.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:09:32 PM

Yet another Merit fix thread from a butt hurt ding bat. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Your rank does not exclude you from meaningful participation on this forum.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
maremostro

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:10:18 PM

I like the idea where most worhy/interesting  posts are displayed first (and some form of synopisis)
blx18

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:34:48 PM

Some sort of AI like Google uses should be in order. To remove it outside the influence of human hands. AI that recognizes good content otherwise the only way to get merit will be to buy it somehow.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: