Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:02:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ✰ coin-board.io ✰ PWA that track prices in reatime  (Read 151 times)
radomird (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:03:50 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 08:25:16 PM by radomird

Hi,
I've built a progressive web application (PWA) to track prices of different cryptocurrencies in realtime.

https://coin-board.io

The unique aspect of the app is that the prices are shown per different exchange and are not aggregated (as on CMC).
Since I'm still developing it, I appreciate all feedback Smiley.

You can also join the Telegram Group and can post feedback there too: https://t.me/coin_board_io
(I use the group mainly to announce when I post updates to the app 1 - 2 per week)

Thank you!

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:54:30 PM

The idea of seeing prices on different market at once is great. Also, users are able to choose specific exchanges (via checkboxes) and coin to view (via search bar). For sure, those who do arbitrage will be your main visitors in the future.

How many coins are listed by the way (20-21)? I asked because most of the coins that I'm holding aren't there yet even they are available on the exchanges. As of now, that's what I could suggest, to add other coins, exchanges, and digital currency conversion (like Eth).

PS. I noticed that in the currency, the image you use is $ and it is not changing even the user choose BTC
radomird (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 09:13:37 AM

How many coins are listed by the way (20-21)? I asked because most of the coins that I'm holding aren't there yet even they are available on the exchanges. As of now, that's what I could suggest, to add other coins, exchanges, and digital currency conversion (like Eth).

There are currently 21 coins listed. I'm planing to add more and more, of course.
Also will be adding more exchanges in parallel. That is the plan  Smiley

Could you elaborate on what you exactly mean under digital currency conversion (like Eth) ?

PS. I noticed that in the currency, the image you use is $ and it is not changing even the user choose BTC

Oh yes - thanks for noticing this Smiley - I'll fix it with the next update.

Thanks for your feedback!
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3408

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 02:23:40 PM

How hard it is to only allow for users to choose and monitor exchanges that they can actually use, based on their location?

Could you elaborate on what you exactly mean under digital currency conversion (like Eth) ?
I think he/she is referring to adding ETH and other cryptos to the left drop down menu (where we can view prices based on USD, BTC and EUR).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
radomird (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 06:53:01 PM

How hard it is to only allow for users to choose and monitor exchanges that they can actually use, based on their location?

I don't think it would be that difficult, I'm just thinking that, maybe, it would be a bit too restrictive in sense that it would ONLY be allowed to choose from those while some users may have assets on exchanges that might not be accessible from their country/location or someone would be just curious. I don't know - it could be a setting of the user maybe (once there is user registration/login).

I think he/she is referring to adding ETH and other cryptos to the left drop down menu (where we can view prices based on USD, BTC and EUR).

Oh right - that makes sense. I'll put it on the TODO list. Smiley

Thanks!
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:40:22 PM

Oh right - that makes sense. I'll put it on the TODO list. Smiley

Thanks!
Exactly! SFR10 got it right. Even just the common coins to be paired with (eg. ETH, LTC, Doge) Thanks

So you are planning to add a registration in the future. Does Favorite/Save feature of specific coin(s) included in your to-do list as well? If yes, that would be great Smiley Good luck on your development.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:34:01 AM

It seems like a cool project. i think you should add table like cmc, on mobile when i want to see the price from all the exchanges this is how it looks like..

You can also add night mode/dark theme option.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:42:03 AM

The idea is good (especialy if someone would like to try arbitraging coins) but imho the empty N/A slots that probably show that coin is not listed on particular exchange are taking too much space in the table. That will make more problems if you would like to add some less popular coins that are mainly listed on exchanges like Kucoin etc.  Some kind of custom set of exchanges might be usefull.
P.S. You can also highlight the exchanges with lowest ang highest price for those who will try to arbitrage coins.
radomird (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:27:52 PM

Exactly! SFR10 got it right. Even just the common coins to be paired with (eg. ETH, LTC, Doge) Thanks

So you are planning to add a registration in the future. Does Favorite/Save feature of specific coin(s) included in your to-do list as well? If yes, that would be great Smiley

Yes it does. The roadmap includes:
- user registration
- personalisation (this includes Favorites)
- portfolio

So this is the rough plan for now.

Good luck on your development.

Thank you  Smiley
radomird (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:33:53 PM

It seems like a cool project. i think you should add table like cmc, on mobile when i want to see the price from all the exchanges this is how it looks like..

https://i.imgur.com/gOeJ2zu.png

Yes I'm aware of this problem on mobile and it is on the TODO list to fix. Thanks for pointing it out!

You can also add night mode/dark theme option.

I'll add this to "nice to haves" list Wink

Thanks for the feedback Smiley
radomird (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:40:21 PM

The idea is good (especialy if someone would like to try arbitraging coins) but imho the empty N/A slots that probably show that coin is not listed on particular exchange are taking too much space in the table. That will make more problems if you would like to add some less popular coins that are mainly listed on exchanges like Kucoin etc.  Some kind of custom set of exchanges might be usefull.
P.S. You can also highlight the exchanges with lowest ang highest price for those who will try to arbitrage coins.

Great feedback!
I was already thinking about the N/A cells and was planing on redesigning the table a bit. I'll give more thought on how to improve especially when there will be more less popular coins listed.

Highlighting the exchanges with highest / lowest price is a good idea, I'll add it to the TODO list.

Thanks Smiley
radomird (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 11:25:01 AM

I would like to thank everyone for the great feedback!
 Smiley
radomird (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 12:38:21 PM

Up for feedback and comments.
radomird (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 07:28:51 PM

I've published a new update today.

I've added top gainer coin and top loser coin for the last 24h (in terms or percentage).

Hope you'll like the update.  Smiley
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:33:20 AM

Hi,
I've built a progressive web application (PWA) to track prices of different cryptocurrencies in realtime.

https://coin-board.io

The unique aspect of the app is that the prices are shown per different exchange and are not aggregated (as on CMC).

You can also join the Telegram Group and can post feedback there too: https://t.me/coin_board_io
(I use the group mainly to announce when I post updates to the app 1 - 2 per week)

Thank you!

I like the fact that you can see the prices from individual exchanges in real time updating. That is the real plus for me for using this site. Intuitive, and straightforward unlike some other price tracking sites. So it's definitely a well done on that.

However, how do you actually list your coins? Is it just completely random, or have I missed something?

Because Ethereum is pretty much near the end of the list even though based on market cap or volume. You should definitely sort the coins by market capitalisation since that is usually an accurate measure of its popularity, imo. Unless I overlooked an existing method of sorting that you prefer, of course.

Otherwise, add more coins, and exchanges. There's less than 100 coins right now, definitely not enough. But having too many exchanges on one page doesn't really work either, might have to come up with a solution. I don't really like the fact that there are so many "N/A"s on the page also.
radomird (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 07:11:40 PM

However, how do you actually list your coins? Is it just completely random, or have I missed something?

The coins are listed by their symbols alphabetically, with one exception that BTC is always shown first because it's the most popular - I know it's not ideal.
I agree with you that the coins should be sorted either by market cap or volume. I'll add a note to fix that in the near future (as more coins will be added).

Otherwise, add more coins, and exchanges. There's less than 100 coins right now, definitely not enough. But having too many exchanges on one page doesn't really work either, might have to come up with a solution. I don't really like the fact that there are so many "N/A"s on the page also.

Yes, good point - I'm adding more coins soon and exchanges will follow as well. I'm a bit swarmed with another project right now - but will get to it soon.
About the "N/A"'s - I've been planing a small re-design of the table to make those "N/A"'s a bit less annoying Smiley

I like the fact that you can see the prices from individual exchanges in real time updating. That is the real plus for me for using this site. Intuitive, and straightforward unlike some other price tracking sites. So it's definitely a well done on that.

I appreciate your constructive feedback!
Thanks
radomird (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 12:08:04 PM

UP!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: