Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:13:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when you see bitcoin crashing like this and you're losing money?  (Read 496 times)
sjefdeklerk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:00:35 PM

I just wonder how those HODL people that are now losing so much money day after day after day, manage their positions? Are you guys just sitting there, watching your accounts evaporate, hoping for better days? Are you cutting losses? When is it enough?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:11:10 PM

I'm not doing anything. I'm waiting for the price to recover. Selling coins at a time like this is a big mistake. I always have the opportunity to use Fiat for life. That is why we need to diversify our risks. I am always against those who claim that bitcoin can replace the main work. You can always choose a more profitable option for you.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:15:08 PM

There are number of options if you feel helpless and can not hodl:
1. Convert your bitcoin to Tether USDT and remember to re-convert once the market goes bullish.
2.Accept what you have lost so far and convert your bitcoin to fiat.
3. Keep buying the dip and selling when the price goes high for profit, you'll definitely recover what you have lost so far before the market became bearish.
4. Do nothing and just hodl!
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:17:57 PM

I just wonder how those HODL people that are now losing so much money day after day after day, manage their positions? Are you guys just sitting there, watching your accounts evaporate, hoping for better days? Are you cutting losses? When is it enough?

How do you lose money when you hodl?!
Do you know what unrealized profits are? If so, you should also know what unrealized losses are?
As long as you do not sell you haven't lost anything!
Back to square one please!
sjefdeklerk (OP)

SODL

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:20:00 PM

Haha I really love this one. It's like telling a prisoner "as long as you close you're eyes you're NOT in jail". Or telling a homeless guy that as long as he's under a bridge he's not really homeless.  Cheesy

Don't watch your losses and they're not there!!! Haha, good one, I love it!
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:32:29 PM

How do you lose money when you hodl?!
Do you know what unrealized profits are? If so, you should also know what unrealized losses are?
Back to square one please!

If the price falls Means You lose Especially with the bearish trend
Because the trader who uses his money daily will feel the loss
And who knows if the price will rise to 25000 after five years or will never rise to that value Or it will stabilize under 5000
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 05:36:42 PM

Fixing my sit, bringing my popcorn, watching the chart and HODLing.
What I see is big whales bouncing in the ocean, sometimes going deep other times trying to get some 02 so they chose the opposite direction. I am waiting until they make a huge jump then we will have another talk Wink

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
sjefdeklerk (OP)

SODL

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:06:56 PM

What I see is big whales bouncing in the ocean, sometimes going deep other times trying to get some 02 so they chose the opposite direction. I am waiting until they make a huge jump then we will have another talk Wink

Poor guy. You seem like a nice person, I hate it that you're going to lose all your money. I hope you didnt invest too much.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:16:15 PM

Poor guy. You seem like a nice person, I hate it that you're going to lose all your money. I hope you didnt invest too much.

Yep, because the price is going to 0 and right now it makes perfect sense in terms of bitcoin's development and adoption stage for it to go to 0 right now. Progress takes time, markets go through bad periods and they recover. The only people who will be losing will be the guys who sell at the bottom in a panic and then come rushing back in a few months time to buy at a high.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:17:39 PM

I put my winkle in a hamburger bap, start crying and run after as many grannies as I can find. If I manage to chase one down I sit on its face and do a cavernous fart that flaps my buttocks like they're in a hurricane. Then I'm usually arrested.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:19:31 PM

gambling, it is one of my ways to restore the defeat of the trade ,, although sometimes I experience the failure of the gambling ,, but as long as I can still take control of every gambling ,, I always get an absolute victory .. because I am indeed a masterful gambler
cryptokwuk

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:23:37 PM

Yep, it's hodling nicely at -10%, just like yesterday it hodled at -10% and the day before, and tomorrow and the day after.

But hey, that's great news for all you delusional bitcoin maximalists, with -10% every day, it will never reach 0!
sjefdeklerk (OP)

SODL

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:25:04 PM

Yep, because the price is going to 0 and right now

Well I'm not sure if it's really going to be 0. I personally think somewhere < $1000. With Google now banning all advertisements, which Facebook already did, less and less people now using it, while transactions are going down steadily, the number of shops accepting it decreases, governments banning it (China, Indonesia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Algeria, Nepal, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam, Macedonia) or heavily regulating it (most others, last being USA), energy consumption becoming a real problem and that the maximum amount of transactions is stuck at 14/second, it doesn't scale and that SWIFT said blockchain is currently not usable as payment system , I don't think there's any future. But 0 ... Not sure.
imapessimist

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:35:45 PM

I would think I should have sold out at 11k plus.  So next time I won't hold on and on for a big price but will sell some when price looks good for the last month.  And I would not panic sell now and I would be patient. 
Welhell

Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:55:39 PM

Of course, i'm hoping better days. These changes are around 2-3 months. We should collect the coins from the cheap price for this moments and when the time comes we should sell it more expensive.  Undecided
Analea1

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:55:21 PM

I will not do anything and just stay calm  hhaaha
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:45:57 AM

The bullish trend is still there, but is being supressed by the Mt.Gox trustee.

This is a artificial bear market, designed by Wall Street to crash bitcoin and made the general public lost confidence over it.

The artificial pump started after CME was announced and the dump started after CME was launched.

The bitcoins being dumped are coming from Mt.Gox. Instead of compensating the users with their bitcoins, the japanese court choose to compensate in fiat, using the 2014 price.

This means that the major portion of BTC at Mt.Gox will not be distributed, which means a lot of fuel for Wall Street to just destroy the market, as the coins will fall over the hands of the governments.

Anyone who dont understand what is happening, and think this is all panic selling, is plain stupid.

Panic sellers are probably a minority and most of them are those who joined in December, when the parabolic growth was at a peak.

I guess 90% of all the sales right now are from Mt.Gox dumping their coins. All in concert with futures markets.

Eventually these coins will be depleted, and the market will resume its bull trend. This can take months and even the entire year, but it will happen eventually. Killing the trustee will not end it, as they can put another in his place.

So, there's no reason to sell, unless you are a fool who put all of your money into bitcoin.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:50:40 AM

The bullish trend is still there, but is being supressed by the Mt.Gox trustee.

People are watching the wallet like a hawk. Nothing's moved since early February. And now the JPY liabilities have been reached they have no right or justification to sell any more. It's now down to the court to decide what to do with the rest of the coins. It's not theirs to sell. It's now their job to figure out whose it is. The actual amounts gone up in smoke have now been fully recouped in JPY.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:14:18 AM

I sit back and relax.As a holder I'm not losing money, I'm losing profit. It's just a relative loss for me, well not until it drops below $500.
If you are into bitcoin only for profit then you are doing it wrong. I guess you have already heard this before. IMO unless the price is lower than the price you bought at, you can just relax and watch others panic.
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:15:27 AM

its your technical analysis dictates how you decide with your holdings, im seeing a possible support level at $7.5k so ill holding at it and would probably set buy order at that level and waiting for the next pump expectation that would earn me 5 - 10% gain Cheesy. just my cents though

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: