Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:56:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Airdrops???  (Read 449 times)
joesastro

Activity: 223
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:02:59 AM

I saw few newbies have asked in Altcoins section "Why airdrops?"
So i post this detailed explanation for all of them here..  Smiley

As far as i know there are few types of Airdrops and few intentions of them.

1. Before ICO Air drops

These are done before launching an ICO.
To get public awareness of the project, get telegram members , get Twitter followers , get likes for the Facebook page etc..

2. After ICO Airdrops  Smiley

Some projects airdrop their unsold tokens to ICO participants without burning them, to avoid decrease the number of total tokens. ( ex: SP8DE )
Some projects do this after a successful ICO in specific exchanges to attract traders. (Arckblock did this)

3. Totally Airdrop coins.  Cheesy

Some projects doesn't conduct a ICO instead they Airdrop the coin among general public or bitcointalk user.
Actually this is a very good strategy instead of ICO's because ICO's are hrdly getting successful these days and marketing a ICO is very expensive.
Twist coin( Twist.network ) is this type of coin and it is pretty amazing, now the price is 0.1$. They airdropped 85% of total tokens.

4. When doing a hard fork on existing block chain.  Roll Eyes

When a hard fork is done forked coin is Airdropped among original coin holder.
As a example when a hard fork of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, gave current Bitcoin holders an equivalent amount of Bitcoin Cash.
MoneroV is upcoming airdrop and Hardfork in Monero block chain. Airdrop ratio 1 Monero : 10 MoneroV

5. Referral programs.  Angry

Those are very bad in my opinion. Some projects use give very little amount of coin to airdrop registrants an if they refer someone give more coins.
These are very aggressively used to pump up telegram members.
Ex;-Current media network became the largest telegram group using 4M$ airdrop and a referral program.

6. Scams  Angry

Most of the airdrops are scams for getting telegram users and email addresses. Don't do those airdrops.

In my opinion, It's a good idea or information, because I started to join cryptocurrency and with this information, I will Learn how to participate in airdrop and bounty is very important to get legit rewards. In addition, now everywhere many ICO is fraud. So I have to be more careful myself if I want to join ICO.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mindexcoin

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 02:10:57 AM

The AirDrop created by Mindexcoin is a deposit system, where investors who bought company coins direct their capital. Once deposited within the AirDrop, the Mindexcoin must stay for a period of one year without interruption and without allowable withdrawals. At this time, these cryptocurrencies will yield. The yield is 2% per week for a year, and after this period the main investment can be taken out normally. Each week, the user can use the amount generated by this percentage of income (2%) to transact within Mindexcoin's own website, even because the Exchange Internal project is already working. No company today offers such an easy and practical system to generate more coins, which in our case are Mindexcoin. Earns reach 80% in the year.

https://mindexcoin.com/
lucemferrum01

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 02:14:51 AM

Yes! It is a good source or information for all newbies and for all people that didn't know about airdrop. That is also the reason why i don't want to join in any airdrops as much as possible, i only joined in bounty campaign for my sake.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:23:24 AM

I preffer airdrops more then bounty

That was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Could you explain to me why you prefer airdrops?

R.R.L.
Shova

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:29:51 AM

Good information you have.
Anyone asking to follow on twitter or telegram for an airdrop with nothing more than a forum account and google for are 100% scam.
Only join airdrops that also provides other forms of bounty or you are sure that they are successful selling an ICO.
kelincrad

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:45:02 AM

Airdrop is an easy way to make money. If you know who you're working with. Because a lot of scams and you can waste time.
pekcoin01

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 06:08:00 AM

It's the easiest way to make money without spending money. Crypto is the simplest way to make money in the money world.
Try all methods. You can make money from each lane.
Marcogwapo

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:15:38 AM

There are lots of scammer in cryptoworld especially in airdrop. So its your responsibility to do research before joining them. Maybe your tokens is not yet distributed, i think the distribution is after the IC0.
3kpk3

Activity: 868
Merit: 148

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:27:36 AM

This is useful information op. Many newbies get tricked by scammers who come up with coins and tokens that promise to give away free money, but instead end up stealing all their hard earned money which is unfortunate since there are a plethora of threads in this forum that provide ways to avoid getting scammed. I urge newbies to secure all  your accounts(emails etc) connected to the cryptocurrency market in order to secure your funds.

Enyi001

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 06:33:59 AM

Airdrop could be so cool especially when rewarded with tokens that have solid foundation. Developers seem to give airdrops because, without them giving something as reward to those who help promote their project, no one would want to involve his time in the promotion.
bart_to_bart

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 06:36:28 AM

Because it can be called a free distribution of money. And this must be used. In addition, coins can also take off several times
Ociwiw

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:50:59 AM

Turning to the 6 point ... Could you tell me how to identify fraud, because I have no experience in this matter ...
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:53:59 AM

airdrop is one of the marketing strategy to promote what they have. and many airdrop crypto used to find for free and easy. Even so however up to now many airdrop that contains only a scam and this certainly makes the intention to airdrop be reduced,
G14tz87

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:59:47 AM

Because Airdrop:

- The popularity of cryptocurrency encourages the emergence of new tokens that require more attention from the public.

- Airdrop (free token sharing activity) is considered to be an effective strategy in attracting users.

- Though impressed promising, you who play in the realm of cryptocurrency should remain cautious against Airdrop.
Mike Tyson

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:02:31 AM

In my opinion, air drops are very good but Many drops of air disappear without paying the number of tokens promised. The ultimate goal is to record social media. But there are a few drops of air paying the amount they promised. But if you want fast money without investing your amount or even your time then airdrop is best for you. You simply register the form and register yourself in the project by joining their telegram account. Airdrops will definitely give you some tokens but it will not be as valuable as you would receive during a rewarding campaign.

seviandyosi

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:13:48 AM

Yes, I remember when getting token airdrop and the time I am selling price is very fair and the token continues to experience growth. So I think that not all bad because there are still many airdrop which I think is very good. It's just that we need to be patient and save the token and the token in time will go up with rising prices, followed Altcoin.
Juxiaolong

Activity: 267

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:46:43 AM

Airdrops are dead. It's hard to meet the kind of valuable airdrops. I think we should pay more attention to some bounty. They are more reliable than airdrops.but you must spend more energy to complete them.
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:05:03 AM

I saw few newbies have asked in Altcoins section "Why airdrops?"
So i post this detailed explanation for all of them here..  Smiley

As far as i know there are few types of Airdrops and few intentions of them.

6. Scams  Angry

Most of the airdrops are scams for getting telegram users and email addresses. Don't do those airdrops.

some Airdrops Scams wanted some Donations ..
so that they will prioritize the person who donates.
then the result is the token is a shit coin . even though they give it as a airdrop.
that is what airdrop scam on my perspective

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
Winnerschapel

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:06:18 AM

Before now,  i have joined lot of airdrops but nothing earned significantly. Most of the airdrops are shitcoins and waste of time.  so, i do not want to waste my time and effort on that,  i choose wisely now most times.
zxfffz

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:11:03 AM

Thank you for sharing, I have seen many posts, without your detailed explanation, this article really explains the meaning of airdrop! I really like your article! Thank you!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: