Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:09:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road Hollywood Movie  (Read 5993 times)
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:45:15 PM

SPOILER ALERT!!!

a movie about a guy that goes to a cybercafe, logs in checks his private messages and bug reports for a website... well thats 40 minutes of a movie wasted.

the movie then shows him in a chatroom typing away having an arguement and he flips open his tor browser to hire a hitman. thats the 10 minute build up to the action part of the movie.

and the last 40 minutes of a 90 minute movie is him sitting at home and the cops knocking at his door, getting arrested,,,

... definetly not a die hard action movie.. and less of a storyline then that facebook movie...

id think they may make a documentary channel  episode about it one day, but not worthy of going to the cinema for

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
howzar

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:57:20 PM

Silk Road The Movie? it will be a stinky one,What's so exciting about a guy sitting in a basement and surfing the web and in the end getting arrested? even with drugs and hitman's stuff it's still a go-to-sleep story and maybe don't-sell-drugs one. Either they add some exciting conspiracy/mafia like "modifications" to the real thing or it will be a big fail.
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:59:22 PM

This would make such an epic plot for a movie. And yeah, of course they'll exaggerate things and change it a bit....
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:18:08 PM

Come on guys have some imagination. Of course he meets with all the drug lords in person. Get's roughed up a couple of times. Goes to Colombia and spits in the face of one of the great Kingpin's there, makes fund of their computer illiteracy etcetera etcetera. I'm beginning to see why the script writers get paid so much. To me, these crappy plots which the general public seems to love, write themselves.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:21:09 PM

i hope they get the story straight and show how the FBI framed him for those hits that never happened.

Hollywood isn't about getting the story right its about entertainment.

Sad, but true.
For sure. Ticket sales are what it is all about.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:33:33 PM

I hope they sell tickets for Bitcoin.  Smiley
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:27:07 PM

That's bad ass! Who among us owns a movie theater? I know they are struggling, perhaps this could generate some sales?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:03:35 PM

I don't think anybody is going to watch a movie about some computer nerd who sets up a website, then gets arrested.
Yeah, that was my point. I just really don't understand how they could somehow stretch this story out into a 90 or 120 minute movie. I just don't see that happening, and the movie actually being interesting, all at once.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:35:20 PM

But attention for Bitcoin in a Hollywood movie Smiley

Yes, remember there is no such a thing as bad news, the only thing people will remember is the name. I think Henry Ford said that. Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 08:20:50 PM

I don't think anybody is going to watch a movie about some computer nerd who sets up a website, then gets arrested.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/the-fifth-estate-movie-review/2013/10/16/6efa43d4-35a0-11e3-80c6-7e6dd8d22d8f_story.html

To paraphrase a quote gleaned from the above:

As with “The Fifth Estate,” the challenge of “Silk Road” is to inject visual interest in a story that’s essentially a guy looking at computer screen — a challenge that Lehane wrestles with uneven success.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:20:42 AM

They should probably wait for the guy to actually be found guilty?

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
havecoch

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:54:00 AM

bitcoin movie bitcoin ticket + bitcoin popcorn !

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:10:38 AM

bitcoin movie bitcoin ticket + bitcoin popcorn !

A digital key I
Inside every kernel?

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:14:39 AM

i hope they get the story straight and show how the FBI framed him for those hits that never happened.

Framed?...  Scammed him maybe but not Framed...  I for one, thankful he was scammed on those and I imagine the intended targets are very thankful...  Framed implies you don't even think the murders for hire jobs were real?

Gordonium

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:38:31 AM

"I don't think that anybody is going to watch a tv show about some chemistry teacher who make illegal chemicals"

By the way, the movie could be called Breaking Bit  Grin
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:40:51 AM

"I don't think that anybody is going to watch a tv show about some chemistry teacher who make illegal chemicals"

By the way, the movie could be called Breaking Bit  Grin

Bitting Break FYW!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:46:26 AM

Dread Pirate Roberts and Pirateat40 star in "Yeah Bitch, Cryptography!"

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:47:57 AM

You guys realise that "adapted" means they will keep the drugs-over-the-internet bit and do whatever the fuck with the rest, right?

I'd die laughing if bitcoins aren't mentioned.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:48:49 AM

You guys realise that "adapted" means they will keep the drugs-over-the-internet bit and do whatever the fuck with the rest, right?

I'd die laughing if bitcoins aren't mentioned.

But the drugs over the internet bit is so 1995.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 03:20:13 PM

I will!

The thing is, they ought to include some of my adventures as to keep it interesting.  They can give several different perspectives.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: