Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:41:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BT3] Bitcoin Testnet Abbreviation  (Read 549 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:32:55 PM

I propose that the Bitcoin testnet abbreviation be "BT3" or "Bitcoin Testnet Three". The reason is that the current Testnet version is version 3, which will help identifying it from older testnets and in the case that testnet is reset to version 4. (Version 3 would continue to exist however).

more or less retired.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 02:59:25 AM

Well, I liked CRC, and my previous suggestion was BTC0 (for "zero" value) but BT3 makes sense, since there may well be a BT4, especially if BT3 gains value.

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 03:01:12 AM

I thought when they reset testnet, the coins were no longer valid?  There's more than 1 active testnet?

& the coins should not have any value whatsoever.  This is why they keep resetting it.
hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 02:28:27 PM

Sorry to bump, but was anything ever 'officially' decided about this? We would very much like to refer to testnet coin as something other than "BTC" in our wallet. BT3 seems like a good choice.

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: