Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:52:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Alts with ETH or BTC  (Read 1091 times)
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:59:08 AM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

What I would usually do, is to grab certain price movements and essentially normalize them using the percentage of the base currency during the same time interval.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arvindschdv

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:55:01 AM

It’s better option to invest in bitcoins as compared to ETH as bitcoin is the safest and trusted currency among all the crypto currencies. Also, the fluctuation is less in case of bitcoins.
Rubick99

Activity: 484

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:05:54 AM

Trade with pair altcoin/BTC is better than other like alt/alt or alt/fiat. Just remember Bitcoin price when you buy some altcoins, with this strat you can earn more satoshis. You must have a target when your BTC will be sold with fiat pair.
Memeicomel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:16:39 AM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

for those of you who are new to Crypto world, it would be nice to try first on the other Altcoin. because their prices are easier and can also train you to run a business in Cryptocurrency. so if there is a loss you are not too burdened with small capital.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
sarahtarczon

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:16:40 AM

If it is a long-term investment, I think ETH or BTC are both very good to buy, especially while the price of BTC and ETH are very low as now. And if I choose, I will choose ETH, because the price of ETH is much lower than BTC, lower transaction costs, faster transaction speed, besides ETH also bring stability and promise It will be very developed in the near future. Buying and keeping ETH I believe it will bring you profits.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Adalwolf

Activity: 239
Merit: 4

AUTOBAY | Buy Your First Car With Cryptocurrency |

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:49:30 AM

Any suggestions?

between Ethereum and Bitcoin to be the first coin as a business opener, better Ethereum. because Ethereum gives us a fairly affordable price. and Ethereum is also a good coin and has a stable market level.

Autobay.io   │  The First Decentralized E-commerce platform Buy Sell Cars
JOIN TOKEN SALE    ►   1 OCTOBER 2018   ◄
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:55:28 AM

all the coins have the risk of fluctuation and it is an obstacle for people who don't want to take the risk. between the two coins, it chooses which has potential could be coins that will go up to the high price of current prices and also adjust the also with the capital you have. bitcoin is nice to take precedence but the ethereum sometimes also gave a surprise.
maiden

Activity: 457

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:06:46 AM

Any suggestions?

for now, buy btc because its price is low, dont buy any other altcoins now, because once the price of bitcoin starts to rise, all altcoins are going down, you must buy BTC for now.

edwardnortonn

Activity: 177

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:12:51 AM

You can buy bitcoins now, at the prevailing market prices and you will have good deal, they are cheaply available due to the red zone but this wont last long.buying altcoins is a gamble for now, i suggest you don't venture so much into them
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:00:33 PM

I believe bitcoin fluctuates less than Eth, so if you're just looking for a coin to trade with alts, it should be BTC. But, I guess you could take a chance with Eth too.

However I find that when Eth fluctuates wildly, the alt eth prices fluctuate wildly too. So there's really no benefit in trying to game the system thinking you can get a better eth price just because you're buying/selling in eth.
You can always take a chance with every pair but that will be applicable to someone who knows how to trade and I am sure the OP may not be in that shoe. But why stress myself anyway since I eventually still trade ETH against BTC and BTC being the legacy coin, which virtually 100% of other altcoins are traded with, then I do not see why U should choose ETH pair over BTC pair.

As long as OP is buying the alts to hold, what differs? However, if he is a trader and he is trying to trade a specific pair based on the reaction to it and whether it is acting bullish on that pair or bearish, then he can decide to go ahead with any of them, at the end though, it is all about the decision and what he was holding to buy those pairs but it does not really change anything. For instance, an altcoin may be acting bullish on Ethereum but not on bitcoin, so it all depends on skills of smart trade.
Narinderkaurklk

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:41:17 PM

It's depending on you and in which exchange do you want to buying and selling because some exchanges support only bitcoin and some exchanges support both of bitcoin and altcoins and some exchanges support only Ethereum like Etherdelta.
wewe123

Activity: 322

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:55:35 PM

No matter what kind of altcoin do you buy the importance is that you engage in investment ,we are in this world of cryptos whatever you prefer to invest that is still good , the goal is that to grow you money in investing in either crypto currency , invest in ETH is good , but bitcoin is still the best to invest.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:14:39 PM

Any suggestions?

BTC should be the first priority. Bitcoin is the safest cryptocurrency for investment because it has the biggest market cap among all of the cryptocurrencies that exist.
Always the first priority. I really have only tried trading Ethereum pair once just to increase my Ethereum holding, but at the end if we are to face it, virtually all altcoins including Ethereum are in one way or the other subject to bitcoin, so I just prefer trading bitcoin pairs instead to increase my bitcoin position. Nevertheless, it all depends on the person in question, and what he has chosen to trade with.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 12:22:17 PM

It depends on how fast and cheap transactions are at any particular time. Lately bitcoin transactions have been faster and cheaper than usual. Both ETH and BTC are good for trading or settlement.

Bitcoin's transaction speed has been greatly improved indeed, but now we're seeing Ethereum struggling from time to time.
Through blocktivity.info you can see how much load there is on the network of any given coin and ETH is running at 100% capacity.

I really do hope that these issues will be solved over time.

hardalisas

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:07:03 AM

Any suggestions?

If I have spare fiat now, I will purchase altcoins directly.
If you have to go bitcoin or ethereum before altcoins, buying either one makes no difference.
amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:01:04 PM

You should see Bitcoin or Ethereum, which is the best base currency for buying particular altcoin and also which have more volumes of trade. Then you will decide from which currency you should buy altcoin. Because both currencies have good potential to grow.
But from both coins, i think Bitcoin is best option for buying altcoins.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:39:17 AM

Any suggestions?

My suggestion is buy with BTC. Bitcoin is really volatile. But if you know how to play games on this kind of bearish market. You can earn some profits. Try the scalping method, try to buy on every dips and sell it when you are already happy or already have profits. I prefer to choose those undervalued altcoins.
Right now that kind of trading technique is very risky, the market is in a really bad shape every time we think we're going to see a small recovery the price goes down once again and it seems the price is ready to test some new lows, so to try to buy and sell in such a way is almost guaranteed to give you losses in the short term, the best strategy is to buy some bitcoin and hold it for a long time.
Tarantula9
Copper Member

Activity: 44

Global CPQ - Enterprise Blockchain CPQ

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:42:46 AM

If I understand the question correctly, my recommendation is to hold BTC and use ETH like a money market account for buying and selling Altoins.  I feel this is better than buying BTC just to sell it for Altcoins because it takes longer for BTC transactions to process.

Global CPQ

Enterprise Blockchain CPQ Pricing Intelligence Software. Bringing crypto to the enterprise.  Enterprise companies are simply not ready for crypto, and Global CPQ is bridging that gap.

Spend Less Time Quoting. More Time Closing.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:42:52 AM

Any suggestions?

I would go with Eth or even LTC or anything where the exchange fee is minimal.  Paying 30+ dollars for simply sending bitcoin from one place to another is really bad.  They say when the lightning network comes out that sending fees will be greatly reduced.  Until then we should all really be using alts for alts wherever possible while saving the precious BTC.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Tux99

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:47:10 AM

Any suggestions?

Then you must prioritized the bitcoin. We know that the bitcoin is the most trusted and safest among the all cryptocurrency for the investment because we know that is the leading in the market.but it is your choice even i suggest or recommend my opinion if you can't follow my suggestion there's nothing do with my suggestion.

Bitcoin is a leader i know that, buying altcoin with bitcoin like you said also very good because bitcoin is the most trusted coin nowdays in cryptocurremcy.
But it does not mean bitcoin is the only trusted one since many other that also has small fee and faster like etherium. So i prefer etherium
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: