Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:27:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Alts with ETH or BTC  (Read 1093 times)
firewa

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:00:40 AM

If there is a good Alts, then I am definitely a supportive attitude. If it is only your moment of interest, then my suggestion is to consider carefully. After all, the best coins are Bitcoin and Ethereum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MariaOzawaa

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:06:25 AM

The first thing I want to say is that after some research, I came to the conclusion that the proportion of the cryptocurrency in this market is almost the same. If you want to invest, then you only need to choose the cryptocurrency you think is the best investment. Yes.
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:06:46 AM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

I think hold all the bbtc and eth you have for long term is a better idea than other things. So I think you had better do not do any thing with btc and eth. If you have extra money, you can buy in some alts for short term trading.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:10:19 AM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

First check the BTC vs ETH exchange rate in coinmarketcap (there may be a 5 to 10 minute lag) and then calculate whether it is cheaper to buy the alt using BTC or ETH. If you are purchasing tokens, then buying them with ETH may be better due to high trade volumes.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:16:00 AM

If I were you I better hold btc than eth though I always support eth but with the current situation wherein when btc pumps eth will do the same but with small amount however when btc dumps eth will dump much more. With that being said, if you will buy other alts it will be better to buy using btc but my suggestion is buy an alt for a long term hold because it is very hard to choose which is which.
NeonFlash

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:41:05 AM

I think eth is a better choice than bitcoin, because with eth you can do more. I still store a certain amount of eth in order to be able to invest.
bizonglimang

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:02:47 AM

Any suggestions?

I think you need to hold your eth and btc for long term. If you really want to buy some other coins, you can put more money into the marekt.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:10:54 AM

If you look at the price in the recent weeks then you'll see that bitcoin is the most stable compared to eth and other crypto which lost a lot of their value so it is better to hold bitcoin and buy alts using eth. Ethereum value decrease a lot because there's a lot of project that sold their eth to safeguard their project fund.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
pokxon

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 04:30:22 AM

I think I should buy altcoin with ETH because the price of ETH is less fluctuating than BTC. In addition, ETH also has a lower withdrawal cost and is faster than BTC so I always choose ETH in trading pairs.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Guider.travel  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
redhorsebeer1980

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:39:41 AM

While the market price value on Ethereum coin are still dropping to $280,i prefer to but Ethereum than Bitcoin because i see good profit in it.
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:41:23 PM

Any suggestions?

I would prefer that you bought the altcoins with your eth and keep your btc safe. I have found it a better experience using my ethereum to buy altcoins and late if I want more eth then I just convert some btc to eth. The reason for this is that btc is more valuable than eth and if anything happens and the market ends up bulling, trust me, you are going to want to have some bitcoin.

Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:49:08 PM

Thread is months old now, and take a look at how your portfolio would have performed had you done one thing or the other.  I did not glance at the charts for eth or btc, but my off the cuff guesstimation is that you would have done better had you just purchased bitcoin and held it.  Back in march, ethereum was much higher than it is now, iirc.  Many other coins were the same way, and the market was in a period of explosive, yet unsustainable, growth.  A mini bubble, if you will.

If you keep questioning what you should do like this, you will never make a trade.  No one here can really say whether you should buy bitcoin and then eth or anything like that, because no one knows what is going to happen in the future as far as prices go.  If you're a trader, just do one thing or the other and then trade when you're in the black.  My own personal style of investing is buy and hold so these questions are pretty irrelevant.  More investors should adopt that strategy, but to each his own.
BrittanyHorne

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:56:05 PM

These two are good for buying altcoins. 99% crypto workers are buying altcoins using BTC and ETH. But personally, I'm using ETH for buying altcoins. That's very easy for me. It thinks ETH better than BTC for me because of its transaction very fast, safe and low feeses. So every time I will try to use ETH for buying altcoins.
Sofiyah

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:11:31 PM

buying with bitcoin or ethereum seems the same its good, even though the number of coins can be different, but the value is the same. but there is no harm in seeing the sales volume, if the coin has a large sales volume on ethereum, just buy it using ethereum, because usually so we get coins faster with the price we want.
Mr Batman

Activity: 378

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:22:01 PM

I prefer to buy using ETH, because the ETH fee is so small that I can easily send the ETH I have to the exchange and buy altcoins.

wew13

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:28:25 PM

Its up to ou what you HODL. Either buying alts from BTC or ETH is the same way, it just the matter of trading to gain more profit.
Janeetaa

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:30:30 PM

I think buying for both is very good and both are safe, but I prioritize Ethereum. Because many ico use the ETH platform, so this will cause a lot of demand and very rapid development.
itzura

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:21:57 PM

I would prefer to hold BTC and use ETH to buy altcoins. But ETH is also good, so buying altcoin with money I think why not, ETH and BTC are just to be hold
blu.storm

Activity: 320
Merit: 17

free space pm if interessed

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:27:02 PM

i think it pays to hold bitcoin because its value can vary too much in a short time and eventually use eth to buy altcoins, eth also is very variable but its values do not change so much as the bitcoin

free space pm if interessed
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:47:39 PM

my advice is better to buy with Bitcoin, because the price of btc is still easier to move up and down than etherum. So with the BTC stock that you have, you will definitely get more of the alt you want

Do it but do not exchange all of your Bitcoins. You need to have some BTC in your wallet. Trade altcoins now when you see you can get some profit and do not touch Bitcoin - wait for the time when it starts rising.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: