Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:33:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CaptChadd is very likely the owner of scryptasic.org scam  (Read 20107 times)
vindimy (OP)

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:24:05 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 05:10:49 PM by vindimy

What happened::

A website http://scryptasic.org/ (Scrypt ASIC International) is claiming to be soon releasing a 50 MH/s Scrypt ASIC miner. The owner posts announcement on Reddit. The owner registers on cryptostocks.com and begins selling shares.

In the thread discussing scryptasic, user CaptChadd suggests to buy the cryptostocks shares:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259640.msg3350152#msg3350152

Same thread, user kramble notices that the Gravatar picture of owner of scryptasic site match CaptChadd's profile picture:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259640.msg3349969#msg3349969

Same thread, I summarize that it's highly unlikely to be just a coincidence:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259640.msg3351314#msg3351314

Same thread, user MaGNeT submits proof that CaptChadd is really the owner of scryptasic scam:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259640.msg3352335#msg3352335

Edit: CaptChadd has explained his involvement in scryptasic below.

Scammers Profile Link:

CaptChadd, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=61493

Reference Link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259640.msg3351314#msg3351314

Amount Scammed:

None personally. However, shares on cryptostocks.com have been bought by those who believe this is a real product.

Payment Method:

N/A

Proof of Payment:

N/A

PM/Chat Logs:

N/A

Additional Notes:

N/A

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 06:06:09 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 06:18:36 AM by MaGNeT

From the topic referred to:

I don't like to accuse anyone of scamming, but I found some disturbing proof:

BBQCoin
addnode=212.48.67.126

Extremecoin
addnode=212.48.67.126
addnode=217.8.255.62

CrimeCoin
addnode=212.48.67.126

BitcoinScrypt
addnode=212.48.67.126
addnode=217.8.255.62

Crazycoin
addnode=212.48.67.126
addnode=217.8.255.62

bbqcoin -> IP: 192.254.232.38
extremecoin.org -> IP: 192.254.232.38
captchadd.co.uk.html -> IP: 192.254.232.38

scryptasic.org -> IP: 192.254.232.38
crazycoin.org -> IP: 192.254.232.38
bitcoinscrypt.org -> IP: 192.254.232.38

eurekacomedy.com -> IP: 212.48.67.126

Welcome to my personal website
Posted on August 16, 2013 by CaptChadd
Various subjects will be plastered on here, from Crypto-coins and mining to PC games and hardware.

Getting a mini PC mining rig on Tuesday for me to build. Just a little scrypt miner to stick in the corner of the room.

GPS location in pictures from Scryptasic.com (shot with iPhone): Southampton
Cryptocointalk.com profile for CaptChadd: Location Southampton UK

(ps. I made screenshots of everything)

I don't think the ASIC is the scam, it does not exist and will never be sold, so nobody will get scammed.
The shares on cryptostocks are the scam -> get rich by pumping / selling shares. The fake scrypt asic is just a way to pump it.

Captchadds personal picture (from captchadd.co.uk) is taken inside the Grand Harbour Hotel in Southampton, it seems.
The other pictures have GPS locations pointing to West End Road in Southampton.
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:40:32 PM

I suppose the truth is going to have to come out even though my involvement was supposed to be anonymous.

The guys behind SAI, not the website but the actual team are based in Hedge End Industrial Estate,which is only a 5 minute drive from me. Google maps will show you, I'm West End Road.

I met one of the guys behind it, called Scott in my local pub and started talking to him, as I heard him talking about Cryptocurrency's and I have never heard anyone offline talking about it.

Long story short, I agreed to set up a website for their interesting project but I stressed to them on a silent contract bases which they were happy with, as I didn't want it to effect my other coins.

The reason, was in case they don't produce the goods or if they do, its a year wait like BFL and who would get the flack, it would be me but I'm not the one building the things, I just make a website and sorted them out with their Cryptostocks so they can get extra funding for the second project the Unit 1 Mini.

It's been hard, as to start of with, I was not even allowed to look at any of the hardware. Then Scott one day saw the Mini PC that I bought and he really like the case so he has used that case for all of his builds.

With the truth out I ask if everyone can still use the official SAI email and not come to me with business questions please.

I just get an email from Scott Davenro who runs customer relations telling me what to update on the website or anything else online.

Also I apologise for posting in a way that might look like I was promoting the website and their stocks but it is true that I have bought 10 shares as I do believe what they tell me about their projects.

The money from the shares goes to them as they need funding for their Mini device.

I could ask them if they would like to sponsor the Scrypt FPGA project that you mentioned and give them a cut of their share sales.

I could be wrong about them, if that's the case then I will be getting scammed with the shares myself.

However I and all the other share holders have received two dividend payments already.

And also all the coins listed I either developed, worked on in the past or work on now. Some of which has been announced on the Cryptocoin forum.

Once again I am sorry for the secrets and it will never happen again.

I enjoy this community so much and would hate to lose it.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 03:32:20 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 04:37:10 PM by MaGNeT

I suppose the truth is going to have to come out even though my involvement was supposed to be anonymous.

The guys behind SAI, not the website but the actual team are based in Hedge End Industrial Estate,which is only a 5 minute drive from me. Google maps will show you, I'm West End Road.

I met one of the guys behind it, called Scott in my local pub and started talking to him, as I heard him talking about Cryptocurrency's and I have never heard anyone offline talking about it.

Long story short, I agreed to set up a website for their interesting project but I stressed to them on a silent contract bases which they were happy with, as I didn't want it to effect my other coins.

The reason, was in case they don't produce the goods or if they do, its a year wait like BFL and who would get the flack, it would be me but I'm not the one building the things, I just make a website and sorted them out with their Cryptostocks so they can get extra funding for the second project the Unit 1 Mini.

It's been hard, as to start of with, I was not even allowed to look at any of the hardware. Then Scott one day saw the Mini PC that I bought and he really like the case so he has used that case for all of his builds.

With the truth out I ask if everyone can still use the official SAI email and not come to me with business questions please.

I just get an email from Scott Davenro who runs customer relations telling me what to update on the website or anything else online.

Also I apologise for posting in a way that might look like I was promoting the website and their stocks but it is true that I have bought 10 shares as I do believe what they tell me about their projects.

The money from the shares goes to them as they need funding for their Mini device.

I could ask them if they would like to sponsor the Scrypt FPGA project that you mentioned and give them a cut of their share sales.

I could be wrong about them, if that's the case then I will be getting scammed with the shares myself.

However I and all the other share holders have received two dividend payments already.

And also all the coins listed I either developed, worked on in the past or work on now. Some of which has been announced on the Cryptocoin forum.

Based on the reputation you have on Bitcointalk, I give you the benefit of the doubt.
I'm very cautious and suspicious after getting scammed by John/Mike of the PhenixCoin team.

I think it isn't smart to put pictures online of a PC with a GPU. Everyone with a bit of computer knowledge will think it's a scam. It's better to show the end-result or even a bad drawing.

By the way, could you change the default folder for Bitcoin Scrypt to Bitcoin2 or BitcoinS in a next update?  Smiley
redtwitz

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:47:31 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 10:14:13 PM by redtwitz

The guys behind SAI, not the website but the actual team are based in Hedge End Industrial Estate,which is only a 5 minute drive from me.

[...]

It's been hard, as to start of with, I was not even allowed to look at any of the hardware.

[...]

Sorry for being blunt here, but you're either part of the scam, extremely gullible or just overly excited to have met an "ASIC manufacturer" irl.

Facts:

• Their CGMiner screenshot makes absolutely no sense.

The only device (GPU 0) is mining at 459k user difficulty (solo mining), yet it is submitting diff 63 shares.

50,000 Kh/s would produce either 727 diff 63 shares or 0.1 diff 459k shares per minute. Yet, the screenshot shows the value 5.36.

• "ASIC to Scrypt conversion" isn't even a thing.

Sure, application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) for scrypt mining could exist some day, but that's not what they're talking about.

They intend to use a GPU to somehow magically convert ASICs for SHA-256 mining into ASICs for scrypt mining. That's not possible. LTC's scrypt uses 1024 iterations of a Salsa cipher (SHA-256 is applied only four times), which is an entirely different algorithm. ASICs are called application-specific for a reason.

• They don't have to attempt to sell a single device.

25,000 Cryptostock shares at 0.05 BTC each gives 1250 BTC or ~180,000 USD. People have gotten their hands dirty for a lot less.
CaptChadd

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:57:32 PM

For me it boils down to faith and the willing to take a risk to get to the front of the queue.

I had faith in BFL but I am still waiting for my 25GH miner and cannot get a refund.
vindimy (OP)

Activity: 239

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:36:17 PM

I just got an email back from them, they have added a forum section now to answer any questions, of which I have loads.

They even have a project running of a miner that can mine scrypt but then with a push of a button mine SHA-256.

This could be just a wind up but if it true this could change a lot of things.

I mean if that wanted to scam, wouldn't they be asking for money right now?

I am tempted to throw some Bitcoins at it and see what happens, its only Bitcoins a few Bitcoins after all.

I would never have believed that SHA ASIC's would see the light of day but they have.

I think a lot of people have been in the background working hard and maybe SAI is full of it but I have a feeling others will follow, even if they fail to deliver.

Just a matter if time.

I just got an email back from them, they have added a forum section now to answer any questions, of which I have loads.

They even have a project running of a miner that can mine scrypt but then with a push of a button mine SHA-256.

This could be just a wind up but if it true this could change a lot of things.

I mean if that wanted to scam, wouldn't they be asking for money right now?

I am tempted to throw some Bitcoins at it and see what happens, its only Bitcoins a few Bitcoins after all.

A Scrypt ASIC chip cannot just magically switch to SHA and vice versa, this company is telling porky pies, don't send them any money. Bitcoins are valuable why waste them on something as unprofessional and scammy as this dog and pony show.

I have been watching this for a while now. They have updated post now and it explains a little bit more but they are really holding their cards to there chest.

I would like to see a newletter signup section added though.

If there was a buy button on there already I would say 100% scam and stay well away but they seem to be holding off right now.

I'm going to go for it but only order one when batch number 1 opens up. Nothing to lose other that a few Bitcoin. Better than my 25GH's BFL miner that I have yet to see.

I contacted these guys a few days ago, didn't feel like joining their forum until I think about making an order.

They emailed back saying that the 50,000 KH/s might be an overestimation due to size constrictions. I guess they want the unit as small as they can get it, reminds me a little of BFL with unit size.

I asked if they are not releasing something a little smaller and they said one was in the works.

I guess only time will tell but still they are not even asking for any money or pre orders, I take that as a good sign,

Well, take it how you will but they are now listed on cryptostocks.com

I will buy like 1 share just for the hell of it :-)

Well I bought 10 of them, as I think I could make a profit off just the shares alone.

Not really bothered with the actual website/company/organisation or whatever they are.

Then again, I have loads of shares in most of the projects on cryptostocks, so this is just an extra one for me.

Any new users reading this, don't invest what you cannot afford to lose.

I did comment on one of there posts on there.

As for my photo, no-one had better been using it anywhere else.

I chose to use my real photo for a reason.

It looks to me like you actually made that posting, not just a comment on it. Anyway I've taken some screenshots in case anything is changed.

http://scryptasic.org/?author=1
http://scryptasic.org/?p=64

I am glad that you did.

I have emailed them, the image I have on here is linked to my gravatar, so I have not a clue how they would get it.

I have changed my gravatar email and password just in case.

And I can say right now, I did not make that post or having an connection to that site other than owning 10 shares on Cryptostocks. Besides, I have to busy running Extremecoin and getting services to mess about with a little wordpress site like they have.

That was a very quick response to your email. The photo has now changed to a placeholder image. Impressive customer service.

No they have not responded to my email yet. I just changed my email address to a different one on gravatar and changed the password.

A blank image now means it is pointing to nothing.

They need to get there own reputation and stop trying to piggyback on others.

If they don't email me soon to explain, then they can stick their 10 shares.

CaptChadd, as much as I hate accusing other people, I think it's pretty clear that you've been lying about your involvement with scryptasic and trying to get people to buy its shares.

RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:14:00 PM

I'm tempted to post a warning to Cryptostocks since I have an Asset on there and can post to site Announcements.

How are they paying dividends when they have not release there product for sale?

They have sold 8 BTC worth of shares, and paid a dividend of less than 1 BTC.

"Dividends will be paid out on each batch release day with the first one in two months time and with 25 Unit 1′s."

"Dividends will be paid out from our monthly sales profit from each batch we release."

16 Oct 12:07 "Paid out first Dividend. This dividend is only based on 1 days business, next one will be a months worth."

17 Oct 04:24 "2nd Dividend Paid Out. The next dividend should be in a weeks time."

This line sold it all for me

In built 500 Watt PSU due to the increased power supply demands mining using the scrypt algorithm while using our custom ASIC to Scrypt conversion technology.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 09:57:45 PM

In built 500 Watt PSU due to the increased power supply demands mining using the scrypt algorithm while using our custom ASIC to Scrypt conversion technology.

I was in an Scottish bar the other day and to my amazement I met another barn wood furniture maker guy in RL. We got a talkin' and I was so impressed with his design I offered to build and maintain his website due to his lack of knowledge for such things. He started selling shares for his new concept, whereupon I purchased 10 shares.

The concept he shared with me was rather remarkable, for he takes barn wood, which is quite heavy, then converts it to produce a much lighter material that's used to build the following:

I asked Scottie what it is, whereupon he replied, "It's green!"
KenKaniff

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:21:56 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 04:23:07 AM by KenKaniff

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 04:12:29 PM

I was in an Scottish bar the other day and to my amazement I met another barn wood furniture maker guy in RL. We got a talkin' and I was so impressed with his design I offered to build and maintain his website due to his lack of knowledge for such things. He started selling shares for his new concept, whereupon I purchased 10 shares.

The concept he shared with me was rather remarkable, for he takes barn wood, which is quite heavy, then converts it to produce a much lighter material that's used to build the following:

I asked Scottie what it is, whereupon he replied, "It's green!"

I hate to inform you and your barn wood furniture maker, but unfortunately he has infringed my patented design.

For those not wanting to wait for their pre-ordered tables due to be delivered Spring 2014, Scottie and I are selling batches of its core material available exactly 100 days after receiving payment via bank transfer or bitcoins only.

As far as your accusation goes, Scottie was producing scrypto plastic from barn wood, while your great-grandfather was still in diapers!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 04:29:29 PM

WOW!

It looks to me like you actually made that posting, not just a comment on it. Anyway I've taken some screenshots in case anything is changed.

http://scryptasic.org/?author=1
http://scryptasic.org/?p=64

I am glad that you did.

I have emailed them, the image I have on here is linked to my gravatar, so I have not a clue how they would get it.

I have changed my gravatar email and password just in case.

And I can say right now, I did not make that post or having an connection to that site other than owning 10 shares on Cryptostocks. Besides, I have to busy running Extremecoin and getting services to mess about with a little wordpress site like they have.

I remember when I was younger, an ex-girlfriend caught me cheating on her. Since I loved her pussy so much, I cried and begged her not to end the relationship, for I would never do it again. Guess what! Less than a week later I was fucking another sweet pussy while in relationship with that other gal. Remember, I promised with tears in my eyes.

Will I ever do such again? Probably! But, less likely, for their ain't many sweet pussies to be had affixed to senior citizens, hence humorously fantasizing about goats.
Simran

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 03:46:36 AM

http://thecryptoblog.com/scryptasic-org-scam-possible-connection-to-captchadd/

Smiley))))))

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
CaptChadd

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:37:49 PM

Look at the website again, all your information is out of date and wrong. You are now trolling.

And your website post is now getting abusive to me. All I do is update the website with what they say.
Simran

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:26:09 PM

Look at the website again, all your information is out of date and wrong. You are now trolling.

And your website post is now getting abusive to me. All I do is update the website with what they say.

I am not trolling. If we've proven that the website is a scam then what is the purpose of your continuation in this fraud? Simply by stating so, regardless of what happens you will be held accountable as it is your website, and you're the one updating it. Just because that is your only affiliation with this company does not mean that your reputation will not tarnish as it already has.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 03:28:01 AM

I have a feeling that BigVern is in on it. Care to guess which Tweep he ONLY follows although has 752 followers? He's also one out of a possible half dozen max that are members here: http://support.scryptasic.org/index.php. Pretty interesting guy this Vern is. I was really surprised to see what he states his home town, for I'm also closely monitoring a guy that uses (un)said name as his last name.
dolphin101

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:07:53 PM

Hi CaptChadd

Were you in the British Army for 10 years?
CaptChadd

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:29:03 AM

This will be short, as Scott at this moment in time is is gutted that someone in the community has done this and tomorrow is bringing in lawyers to get Beboo to release the IP address of who made that account and take it further.

Why on earth would I use a photo that my wife to be took, just after we got engaged moments before, use that on Beboo (Trashy Site, malware for it everywhere) but then put my name randomly as Scott Davenro?

We all know my first name is Dave and loads of people on here would vouch for that.

Just search CaptChadd on Google, I am everywhere, with my name as David, I would not do something so stupid which could AND might ruin SAI.

This is a setup, plan and simple and I am the scapegoat. Why? Because Extremecoin has been doing quiet well the last few weeks? God knows why.

Pathetic.
Tripmode

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 08:20:49 PM

I'm tempted to post a warning to Cryptostocks since I have an Asset on there and can post to site Announcements.

How are they paying dividends when they have not release there product for sale?

They have sold 8 BTC worth of shares, and paid a dividend of less than 1 BTC.

"Dividends will be paid out on each batch release day with the first one in two months time and with 25 Unit 1′s."

"Dividends will be paid out from our monthly sales profit from each batch we release."

16 Oct 12:07 "Paid out first Dividend. This dividend is only based on 1 days business, next one will be a months worth."

17 Oct 04:24 "2nd Dividend Paid Out. The next dividend should be in a weeks time."

This line sold it all for me

I was wondering if there is any more news about this company - their shares are still on CryptoStocks and people are still buying and selling them.  They also continue to post tweets acting as though the product will be released to the top 250 shareholders.  But there are still a LOT of red flags.

As mentioned above, how are they paying out a dividend without any SALES? They state that the dividend is from "one day's business" - How are they generating revenue, and if they are, why is it not going into the development of their first product? To me this is a classic ponzi scam where they are taking money from selling new shares to pay off people who bought in earlier and to make themselves look legit.

Also CrytpoStocks says 110,000 shares were issued. But the company on their forum claims that most shares were "pulled' and only about 16,000 shares were sold.  I've gotta believe that CryptoStocks is accurate in reporting the number of outstanding shares.  This is a huge factor because getting in that top 250 is much different if thereare 110k shares verses just 15k.  Again, I think this is a scam to get people to buy a few shares and keep the value of their stock up.  I am going to email CryptoStocks to try to get some clarification.

If anyone else has any news or info please let us know!

Trade PXL and other coins at Atomic Trade!
cisengineer

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:30:07 AM

I'm just getting caught up on the status of SAI Unit 1s and it appears that it will not be possible to reserve one at all. First come first served with shareholders hearing first? That is going to be a clusterf*** the instant it is mentioned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: