Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developer Rant Stolen from Reddit r/bitcoin  (Read 634 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:56:13 AM

• If you don't want to pay a developer, learn how to program for yourself. ALSO developers are typically not interested in profit sharing unless you're helping them pay the bills too.
  • You get what you pay for. Remember that the next time your "small project" would take 20+ hours and you want to pay $150 dollars. I'm sure you'll find someone who will help you eventually.
  • No one wants to build you an exchange. I've been contacted about 30 times to make exchanges for people over the last year. The most anyone has ever offered to pay is $1000 dollars. Personally I have never had any interest in doing an exchange but at $1,000 I wouldn't even touch it. That would barely cover the server costs for a year of a medium traffic exchange. Most people offer $200-500. It's just silly, *but of course there is profit sharing. ಠ_ಠ *
  • Launching a product online is 10% skill, 10% luck and 80% marketing. If you don't advertise your product... do not expect it to be successful. DO NOT EXPECT IT TO BE SUCCESSFUL!
  • When you pay someone pennies on the dollar... double checking work and security audits are the first things thrown out the window. Now it's just about function.
  • If you want an NDA, you can't be anonymous. I thought that would be self explanatory but you'd be amazed.
    *If you don't want to pay a developer, learn how to program for yourself. Period. *(See what I did there =P)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1olur1/developer_rant_bitcoin_entrepreneurs_are_getting/

This is brilliant and so very very very true! Just adding some of the ones I noticed being a freelancer...

I also want to add, don't be rude and unprofessional. I have worked with some people here are the nicest people ever, and those are the people I go out of my way to make sure the product works 110% and I do anything to make sure those people are coming back to me.

Just remember cause you give a developer a deposit, doesn't mean you own him.

Developers remember if you are doing freelancing with just contracts on pm or IRC remember to get a good lawyer team. Even then they can't help you, if the person outside the arm of the law which is the worst. I actually limited my services to the united states due to problems with international people.

If you are hiring a developer and you can't communicate unhappiness in a professional manner then you shouldn't be hiring anyone, do it yourself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: