Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:58:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 -- 220KH+ Cryponight - 550W  (Read 18841 times)
yyfong

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:15:33 AM

But crypto/mining is unregulated over the world so we can't do anything, there is no laws for cartels.

Code is the law. Fork the coins and make the vendors lose money and they'll stay away from those coins. Or learn to live with ASICs, like BTC and LTC have done reasonably well, kinda-sorta.

They do NOT lose money.  They already ROI n times now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NormDSR

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:56:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M93GWhX_0J4

this video from Mar 6 shows the profitability has already dropped in half in the last 10 days.  What will it do befor these things ship out?
Then once they are all running...
isukabtc

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:49:47 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 06:02:11 AM by isukabtc

I AM very confident with the $1900 one :

1. More than 3 months after monero change algo (just a little different than cryptonight), X3 might update its firmware just like Baikal's miner.
2. For Monero only, with total 4 batch of X3s and if each has 10000 units for total 40000 units means hashrate will rose by 8.8 ghs. With current around 1 ghs and X3s 8.8 ghs for total around 10 ghs, it still mining $20 a day or $600 a month (220khs of cryptonight in Nicehash $200 per day now). Usually Bitmain's Batch only 5-6k or, it will more profitable.
3. Even if it can not mine Monero, there are many coin that can be mine AND there are auto switch pool or rent service like Nicehash so its still profitable.
4. Competitor doesnt have anything big to compete, so network hashrate wont be that big. I would love to add Halong but their miner not be seen anywhere.
5. I always touch break even point at whatever Bitmain throw, even D3 that hated by everybody. All calculated by coin not USD

The point of mining is INVESTMENT for a long time. If you mine with S9 right now and sells the coin right away at 8-9k, then you miss the point and of course you will have big loss. Hold the coins and set sell order at your favorite exchanges with 5 times of its price right now OR atleast wait for next halving.

Im not siding with Bitmain BUT they almost counter every competitors with better hardware. I bet when new SHA256 miner with 2-3x efficiency of S9, Bitmain will release 4-5 times better OR cheaper.

sil2222

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:02:01 AM

1. More than 3 months after monero change algo (just a little different than cryptonight), X3 might update its firmware just like Baikal's miner.
2. For Monero only, with total 4 batch of X3s and if each has 10000 units for total 40000 units means hashrate will rose by 8.8 ghs. With current around 1 ghs and X3s 8.8 ghs for total around 10 ghs, it still mining $20 a day or $600 a month (220khs of cryptonight in Nicehash $200 per day now). Usually Bitmain's Batch only 5-6k or, it will more profitable.
3. Even if it can not mine Monero, there are many coin that can be mine AND there are auto switch pool or rent service like Nicehash so its still profitable.
4. Competitor doesnt have anything big to compete, so network hashrate wont be that big. I would love to add Halong but their miner not be seen anywhere.
5. I always touch break even point at whatever Bitmain throw, even D3 that hated by everybody. All calculated by coin not USD

The point of mining is INVESTMENT for a long time. If you mine with S9 right now and sells the coin right away at 8-9k, then you miss the point and of course you will have big loss. Hold the coins and set sell order at your favorite exchanges with 5 times of its price right now OR atleast wait for next halving.

Im not siding with Bitmain BUT they almost counter every competitors with better hardware. I bet when new SHA256 miner with 2x efficiency, Bitmain will release 4-5 times better OR cheaper.

Good luck and I wish you the best on your positive outlook,but...........Bitmain is offloading the X3 miners they filed a certificate of conformity on 01/23/2018 which means they have been mining the X3 for months and when Monero announces POW change to V7 they all of the sudden want to sell ? Not only this ,but there are 4 manufacturers total announcing Cryptonight miners for sale now. This is worse than D3 scenario people can use rose colored sunglasses but reality is this situation is not looking good for any one who purchased any cryptonight ASIC. 
Eyedol-X (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:05:17 AM

Im not siding with Bitmain BUT they almost counter every competitors with better hardware. I bet when new SHA256 miner with 2x efficiency, Bitmain will release 4-5 times better OR cheaper.

Best of luck, based upon what I'm hearing there is a high probability most CN coins that exist right now (at least the more well known ones) will fork away and this Asic and invalidate it. If you're looking to invest in a CN underdog you know won't fork away when the time comes, then you're probably going to do well if that coin suddenly gains value after you get your X3.

Good luck and I wish you the best on your positive outlook,but...........Bitmain is offloading the X3 miners they filed a certificate of conformity on 01/23/2018 which means they have been mining the X3 for months and when Monero announces POW change to V7 they all of the sudden want to sell ? Not only this ,but there are 4 manufacturers total announcing Cryptonight miners for sale now. This is worse than D3 scenario people can use rose colored sunglasses but reality is this situation is not looking good for any one who purchased any cryptonight ASIC. 

Yup, they've clearly had these miners "testing" for around 60 days now.
isukabtc

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:22:24 AM

Best of luck, based upon what I'm hearing there is a high probability most CN coins that exist right now (at least the more well known ones) will fork away and this Asic and invalidate it. If you're looking to invest in a CN underdog you know won't fork away when the time comes, then you're probably going to do well if that coin suddenly gains value after you get your X3.

Yup, they've clearly had these miners "testing" for around 60 days now.

Despite all I have said, I still agree with you mate. Cryptocurrency (atleast for me) is the most uncertain business and I love it since I make more money thay my work. Monero difficulty rise from Januari to March is only 500mh to 1 ghs (100% for 2 month), if its only X3 then it just around 2200 units which its to small for Bitmain. I guess they will sells it too since they will have better profit, if they choose to sells the difficulty will last longer. BUT if they make new farm with X3 then it will have exponential growth. With 1000% difficulty in 3-4 months, a $1900 miner still make for 10% from $6000 a month (So $600 a month) until new batch come again it will workout for me. Mine it for 2-3 month and sold it on local market  Wink and with your good luck I feel more optimist Grin
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:36:34 AM

Despite all I have said, I still agree with you mate. Cryptocurrency (atleast for me) is the most uncertain business and I love it since I make more money thay my work. Monero difficulty rise from Januari to March is only 500mh to 1 ghs (100% for 2 month), if its only X3 then it just around 2200 units which its to small for Bitmain. I guess they will sells it too since they will have better profit, if they choose to sells the difficulty will last longer. BUT if they make new farm with X3 then it will have exponential growth. With 1000% difficulty in 3-4 months, a $1900 miner still make for 10% from $6000 a month (So $600 a month) until new batch come again it will workout for me. Mine it for 2-3 month and sold it on local market  Wink and with your good luck I feel more optimist Grin

After the antiASIC forks You will not have enough coins to mine. When the big players made antiASIC fork You will have only small trade volume coins what will be extra hard to mine, with skyrocket diff.
We saw similar situation in the past. Bitmain D3 owners now can mine around 3.5USD/day what is less than electricity cost they use.
qwertyking

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:15:49 PM

what if xmr changes its algo again, to be asic-res
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:46:48 PM

One of the batch 1 customers posted an email from bitmain stating that they are offering options for batch 1 and 2 customers. Batch 1 can get a credit or refund for the difference between batch 1 and 3 or 2 amd 4 respectively. They can also take tripe or quadruple the machines for their order or just cancel if they haven’t paid yet. So any that is even remotely thinking of buying one, DO NOT pay $12k for one and hand a seller $9k in profit for free.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:05:30 PM

But crypto/mining is unregulated over the world so we can't do anything, there is no laws for cartels.

Code is the law. Fork the coins and make the vendors lose money and they'll stay away from those coins. Or learn to live with ASICs, like BTC and LTC have done reasonably well, kinda-sorta.

It seems to me that the producers of asics interfere with the lives of not only the owners of the GPU. They interfere with life by the coins. On the cryptonight algorithm employs about 150 coins. All these coins will fall into dependence on cartels. That's bad for coins. I think there's a lot of forks waiting for us. The new coins will be immediately put protection from asics.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 01:08:54 PM

I would never buy an ASIC like this. I urge you others to stay away aswell. Bitmain are thieves. They scam everyone they can. Just look at the price of batch 1. Its insane, they must be able to do 20 ASICs with the price of one, not to mention they have already mined with it for 4 months....
saffacoin

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:49:40 PM

If I spent $11 999 on a X3 I would be pissed.

Halong Mining just launched X1 and X2 (equiveland to Bitmain X3) and then presto, X3 batch for now $1 900. Just shows the markup they put on and oh boy what a cryptonight ASIC war brewing.

Halong, Bitmain and then Baikal but they are taking a HUGE beating full on blows as they cannot come remotely close to the others.

I don't think any of them will sell enough to shake the market this is just to affect each others profit margins a clear tit for tat.

cerbu

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:48:57 PM

Monero hardfork on March 28.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/82w91m/monero_network_upgrade_at_block_153950028th_of/
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:43:34 PM

My understanding is that the technical details of the monero fork are on github and some cn coins have already implemented the same.  I was reading issues for xmrig and xm-stak to see where they stood on these changes and according to devs these are already ready to go on the fork (at the time I was reading they just needed final monero code to test against - assuming tests go well then they can release updated versions any time - this was as of a few days ago).

If this is true than all of these asic manufacturers surely must have looked at the proposed monero fork changes.  And if they could fix their machines with a firmware update to work on the new fork then more than likely would never have revealed the machines exist at all.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:45:40 PM

Halong Mining just launched X1 and X2 (equiveland to Bitmain X3) and then presto, X3 batch for now $1 900. Just shows the markup they put on and oh boy what a cryptonight ASIC war brewing.

Halong, Bitmain and then Baikal but they are taking a HUGE beating full on blows as they cannot come remotely close to the others.

I don't think any of them will sell enough to shake the market this is just to affect each others profit margins a clear tit for tat.

Problem is there are too many asic manufacturers. No winner here as asic manufacturers earn less and miners will not earn much either. That is the problem with excess capacity.
After all, there are only so many coins to be earned. This is an arms race.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Mark Baum

Activity: 51
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:02:04 PM

Problem is there are too many asic manufacturers. No winner here as asic manufacturers earn less and miners will not earn much either. That is the problem with excess capacity.
After all, there are only so many coins to be earned. This is an arms race.
Yup a "race to the bottom".
cerbu

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:33:19 PM

My understanding is that the technical details of the monero fork are on github and some cn coins have already implemented the same.  I was reading issues for xmrig and xm-stak to see where they stood on these changes and according to devs these are already ready to go on the fork (at the time I was reading they just needed final monero code to test against - assuming tests go well then they can release updated versions any time - this was as of a few days ago).

If this is true than all of these asic manufacturers surely must have looked at the proposed monero fork changes.  And if they could fix their machines with a firmware update to work on the new fork then more than likely would never have revealed the machines exist at all.

At the moment i think is not possible on bitmain site at point 3 they say "One major cryptocurrency which is using CryptoNight hash function is about to change their PoW algothrim, and according to their public statement, it is purposely to brick ASIC mining rigs including X3. When you buying it, you are betting that they are wrong"
Besides that Monero will fork every 6 months according to their statement.
So if you a gambler not a miner you can take a chance and bet on the new ASIC.
The problem is not that Monero will change POW to ASIC resistant but others Cryptonight currencies will follow and by the time the antminers x3 or halong x1 and x3 will be shipped they will be useless.I think these miners are more risky than others since the Monero knew before that these ASIC will pe manufactured and sell and acted quickly.
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:41:50 PM

At the moment i think is not possible on bitmain site at point 3 they say "One major cryptocurrency which is using CryptoNight hash function is about to change their PoW algothrim, and according to their public statement, it is purposely to brick ASIC mining rigs including X3. When you buying it, you are betting that they are wrong"
Besides that Monero will fork every 6 months according to their statement.
So if you a gambler not a miner you can take a chance and bet on the new ASIC.

and lets just imagine asic companys have not been mining monero the past N months to death.
lets imagine its all gpu / botnet hashpower
lets imagine the asics can mine the new crytponight algo

the reality in this case will be cryptonight will end up like X11/Dash instant, all cryptonight coins are not big enough to absorb that hashrate...difficultys will skyrocket and prices will go the other direction because everybody would mine & dump to earn some money

Lantic_Mining

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 07:48:14 PM

I think the ASIC manufacturers have just become used to every product being massively in demand whatever the price and specification because of the crypto hype and bull market. Crazy that you could place an order with a manufacturer then immediately list it on eBay at 2/3/4x the price for delivery in three months...

I can't think of any other industry where buyers would accept the generally terrible/non-existent communication, variable quality, long lead times, upfront/non-refundable payment, poor after market warranty/support etc. etc.

Hopefully with the bear market and people becoming more educated the ASIC manufacturers will find they have to change for the better and offer quality products at reasonable prices and with good support...always an optimist Cheesy
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:53:23 PM

Im not siding with Bitmain BUT they almost counter every competitors with better hardware. I bet when new SHA256 miner with 2-3x efficiency of S9, Bitmain will release 4-5 times better OR cheaper.

The problem with the above logic is 1) bitmain has already mined these and is dumping 2) bitmain will put out asic's in massive numbers ...right now they have a D3 X11 miner

at 550 usd...but if you gave me a FREE D3 x11 miner NOW at 12c kwh (summer rates starting) I'd lose $$$ ...that miner as an example will never ROI and has been out for what

less than 5 months?

Being bitmain they are very likely to do the same with the x3 stuff....they have mainly done D3 (x11) and S3 (siacoin) and this new x3 miner in my view...to keep their

factory folk employed in the downtime development of a new scrypt-pow and or sha-256 miners they will mine like hell for 4-5 months and then release to us in the fall 2018

got to keep the factory plant open doing something and the designers and etc....but the real money is in what they are developing in the background for their own use

to dump on us 4 months in the future say ..when they start to puke out as well

rinse/wash/repeat ...their 4 billion dollars in profit last year had to come from somewhere

(bitmain: real evil is the only way to go....go big or go home!) (tm: bimain)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: