Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:55:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pandora's Bitcoin Junction (Shareholders wanted)  (Read 10489 times)
PBJ (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 02:45:30 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 02:08:28 AM by PBJ

Hello and welcome to all future and current investors.
 Roll Eyes
I am starting a business. This business is building rigs to mine bitcoins.  Bitcoins are an internet currency, with gaining acceptance everywhere.  Worldwide trading to local purchases are possible with bitcoins.

This will be the thread for shareholders to converse and communicate. This thread will also be where we will post our monthly/quarterly/annual statements. This is a temporary home for this thread until we move it to our own private servers.

This business is a mining farm which will be able to rent the mining rigs. Future customers will be able to purchase rigs at an extremely low price.

I would also like to expand this to selling hardware. Along the lines of video cards and so forth. I have already been in contact with distributors of the hardware. Working on getting the best prices for our customers.

These rigs will be 1gh/s++. As new hardware is researched and used, if the prices are right, we can increase the speed of the rigs. Meaning more profit for all shareholders.

I have found a way to build these rigs for extremely cheap(through a distributor). This creates a high profit margin for all shareholders.

I have space available. I also have the power requirements met and set with National Grid. I have the time and technical knowledge. I also have employees for when the business grows.

We will outperform the competition.

The future of the business depends on its shareholders.

All shareholders will be allowed a vote on all motions. 1 share is one vote, 5 shares is 5 votes and so on. Voting will be conducted through glbse.

https://glbse.com/asset/36b84945f650b3592dbdabf8a45db2029fae6bf47046720469359619f3ab1e45

Ticker: PBJ

Price: 0.109BTC

Thank you for your time, sincerely,
Pandora's Bitcoin Junction
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 09:32:03 AM

"The future of the business depends on its shareholders."

No, the future of your business depends on how long it will be profitable to rent/sell mining rigs based on off the shelf components.
And it seems that won't be very long, prolly less than a year.
Not a very good investment.
Now if you would tell us that you will be building OPENCL supercomputers or clusters or something then that would make more sense as a long term investment.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 05:27:57 PM

There has been nothing stating off the shelf components. Along with many many other ideas.

These are just to open the doors and have a small ROI from the beginning.

Especially since I have found a way to build these rigs for quite a cheap price. I have been talking to distributors all across the globe to get the best prices. Since finding the best prices will never be found in a retail environment. I decided to make a few phone calls. Now the same rigs people are spending $1200+ we will be spending $600 or less.

There are also plans to expand into many other markets. Like setting up a proper 2048 bit openvpn service. Another is web hosting/VPS services. Along with selling hardware. Not just video cards.

Prepaid cell phones, herbal supplements(from reputable companies), toys for kids, dev kits, and so much more. 

Another will be for voip service. Which will take a little while to set up with pstn lines around the globe.

Possibly start another mining pool as well. Not sure on that one though as there are many out there in the wild now.

As for the super computers. That falls under research of new hardware and implementation. As right now AMD is working on some new hardware. Which all I can say is(because of NDA). It will blow the current cards out of the water. Plus there are ways to utilize other hardware. That would also come under R&D.  Also finding the right distributor of the new hardware will be a bit of a challenge to get the right price.
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 05:48:39 PM

You have a signed NDA with AMD? Or am I assuming incorrectly?
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 06:54:18 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2011, 10:28:15 PM by PBJ

I can not say exactly with whom I signed the NDA. As that is part of the NDA. :\

EDIT: A few hours and phone calls later. I can now say that.

Yes my NDA is with AMD. I can say one other thing about this project. It is estimated to be sent out for production the end of august(maybe September).

I have already been in contact to be on the first release of them straight off the line.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 10:35:18 PM

I should also mention. All motions will be heard. The shareholders will be able to make any motion they feel. So long as it will not hinder the company.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 11:02:29 PM

I have not set the ticker yet. It will be PBJ when I get the BTC in the account. Mining will take me about 2 weeks to earn the 2.5BTC.

Currently I have the asking price a bit high. Currently 0.74BTC/share. I am willing to drop it however.

As for the GLBSE forums. I will do that now.

Thank you.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 05:04:29 AM

The price has been changed. 0.11/share
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 05:07:27 AM

I have not set the ticker yet. It will be PBJ when I get the BTC in the account. Mining will take me about 2 weeks to earn the 2.5BTC.

Currently I have the asking price a bit high. Currently 0.74BTC/share. I am willing to drop it however.

As for the GLBSE forums. I will do that now.

Thank you.

Tickers are free according to the fees page.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 05:09:41 AM

Thank you. I did not see that part.

Of course now there is a server side error lol.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 03:48:41 PM

I am certainly considering an investment.
You appear to be aware of what is happening in mining at the moment and where it will / needs to go.
You also seem to be aware that it can not be the only area of operation for a Bitcoin business and already have sensible plans for the future.

Obviously, the level of risk I perceive will determine the amount of investment I am willing to make.

So, some questions, as part of my DD, so that I may judge the risk here ...

Is your real name Michael Smith as per the contract on GLBSE ?

What other real life details are you willing to share to establish trust between yourself and your investors ?

What other, if any, accounts do you own / have you owned on this forum ?

What background do you have in IT ?

What background do you have in providing IT services / products to customers ?

You mention employees ... what is your current business, where is it based, what does it do and how long has it traded ?

What previous businesses have you owned ?

Please feel free not to answer any of these questions but bear in mind that investment will suffer accordingly.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:43:47 PM

I am certainly considering an investment.
You appear to be aware of what is happening in mining at the moment and where it will / needs to go.
You also seem to be aware that it can not be the only area of operation for a Bitcoin business and already have sensible plans for the future.

Obviously, the level of risk I perceive will determine the amount of investment I am willing to make.

So, some questions, as part of my DD, so that I may judge the risk here ...

Is your real name Michael Smith as per the contract on GLBSE ?

What other real life details are you willing to share to establish trust between yourself and your investors ?

What other, if any, accounts do you own / have you owned on this forum ?

What background do you have in IT ?

What background do you have in providing IT services / products to customers ?

You mention employees ... what is your current business, where is it based, what does it do and how long has it traded ?

What previous businesses have you owned ?

Please feel free not to answer any of these questions but bear in mind that investment will suffer accordingly.

I am sorry it has taken to long to respond. I was at a family reunion in Maine.

This is totally understandable.

Yes my real name is Michael Smith.

Right now I am not permitted to give out too much information. My NDA's will be expiring soon(the end on September). Once they are expired I will be allowed to give full disclosure.

I can tell you that Pandora is my daughters name. I can tell you I am from Rhode Island USA. Exact address can not be disclosed as of yet. I am willing to share much more with my investors and have full disclosure once the damn NDA's expire.

I also use another name. I can give it to you through PM. On here it may not be considered an acceptable name for a business owner.

My background in IT is quite vast. I have been working with docsis networks for the past 10 years. on top of that I have been a temp admin at quite a few high profile places. One big one was IBM. I know the ins and outs of most operating systems. I can program in 7 languages. I am not afraid to ask questions when stuck.

For providing services. I have about 7 years experience with running sales and management of a couple places. I have done work with in2streams. I have run my own hosting company for quite a while.

My current business has been running a home based repair business and network security consultant. My employees are basically hands on people. They help with repairs and diagnosis. They also provide tech support when needed. They are A+ Certified.

For previous businesses I have owned. Lets start when I first started out. At first I ran a shop when I was 15. That lasted until someone came to town and beat my prices. Then there was working with segasages.com when it was around. When I was around 20 I ran a hosting company. Then I got married and sold it. From there I was working mostly with contracts. Still running a few things out of the home. Like vpn service voip and much more.

A lot of my contract work has been engineering and designing installations for businesses. I manage my own teams. When we are hired, we are hired as freelance contractors.

Since I am in the security field. I can not divulge the name of the company. As that is a risk we can not take. No offense to you or anyone else asking. As our services are used by very very high profile companies.

This is not a branch from my current ventures. This is separate. I must do this until the legalities of Bitcoin are finalized in the USA.
xus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:57:47 PM

this sounds very interesting.
Please keep us informed!

best regards
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 07:04:21 PM

I shall kepp all informed.

I have just noticed that the ticker name of PBJ has gone through.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 11:39:35 PM

Right now I am finalizing an account with Paxum to transfer to a prepaid master card for the time being. This way I will be able t make the purchases through the distributor. This card will only be temporary, yet needed for now.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:19:17 PM

I am just waiting on the card to arrive. 3-5 business days to go.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:07:43 PM

This week I will start setting up VPN servers. I should have at least one up and running by next weekend.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:19:23 PM

Thank you for your responses Michael.

I have made a modest investment of 10 shares.

I look forward to making further investment over the coming weeks as PBJ develops.
alfred

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 08:30:59 PM

Hi PBJ,

What are you doing with your company's stock?

You issued 45,000 shares and so far sold 500 of them at 0.11 btc. Then you put up another 5,000 at 0.12 btc and have sold 226 of them.

Where are the details about how much you hope to raise in your IPO? How much stock do you own and how do you intend to return value to the shareholders? How many of the 45,000 issues are you going to sell and for what price?
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:46:57 PM

The price on shares will vary in value. As any stock exchange.

Currently I am using the stock to convert to USD. This way I can open an account with my distributor. Also allows me to purchase the services needed and hardware needed to get the operation off the ground.

Currently I am waiting on the Paxum card to arrive. Once that is done then I can start the process of opening the accounts needed.

100% will be returned to the shareholders. You can read the contract if you wish.  This was all covered in it.

Right now I am trying to get a base value of the company. This way I will be able to figure out which directions to go first.

As right now it will be building rigs and VPN service. More will be coming in the next few days. The more shares sold the more the company can do.

Currently I will be holding on to 51% of the shares. This may be only for a while. Until the company has its feet off the ground. I would eventually like to have it run completely by the shareholders. This may not be the best idea. Time will tell.

You can always ask at your own price on GLBSE. That helps decide the market value.

Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: