Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:56:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Lympo revolutionize the way of doing sports also with a new ecosystem?  (Read 184 times)
LuBro (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:50:48 AM

LYMPO.IO - MONETIZING SPORTS AND HEALTH DATA VIA BLOCKCHAIN

I really do a lot of sports in my free time and this combined with blockchain and a reward system would be just awesome!
So Lympo just aims such topics and wants to bring it all together. A short explanation can be found in their short Summary and a much more detailled version of the project behind in the Whitepaper.

Here is a small excerpt from Lympo's CEO Ada Jonuse about the product Lympo wants to build:

"With Lympo we are building digital fitness wallet that will be an app, which is connected with other apps or wearables that you already use and they are tracking your fitness activities: steps, running distance and or sleep rhythm. And we are connecting that with the apps or wearables that has open APIs, because we can connect them with our app — Lympo digital fitness wallet."

Tokens can be earned in some different ways, Ada comments as follows:

"We offer two ways our users to earn LYM tokens: one way is to work with personal trainer who uses lympo and your personal trainer can come up with challenges ideas like run 5km every day or maybe swim 1km every day. And you will submit all your data and when you reach your challenge goal you will get tokens from your achievements."

These quotes are from the Q&A-session from an Medium article.

So I want to ask you guys what do you think about the idea at all and Lympo wants to aim?
I'd say that it would be perfect if it gets combined in running fitness apps like Freeletics or Madbarz. Partnerships with such apps are one great way to attract more people. I also tried to contact them and wanted to convince these Apps getting in contact with Lympo, but so far unfortunately without success.
There are right now several partnerships like Smackway or GymPro. Strong communities behind the team and from existing apps could be combined to achieve much more.
So it would be great if you comment something about it, no matter what.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
breeze170

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:26:32 AM

It souds cool and possible to work but I want to remind you that people happily used fake gps apps in even pokemon go to show themselves walking/running. Getting rewards. How can this app block this especially on android, I don't know.

LuBro (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:56:20 AM

It souds cool and possible to work but I want to remind you that people happily used fake gps apps in even pokemon go to show themselves walking/running. Getting rewards. How can this app block this especially on android, I don't know.

Thanks for this comment, yeah people are always trying to gain some kind of benefit for themselves, so it can happen that there are some fraudulent cases.
This one is one good question, I try to get an answer for this. Smiley
But first of all, there is until now just one big event in September in Vilnius, Lithuania. There is an Blockchain Run in which every runner will be rewarded with LYM tokens via the Lympo digital fitness wallet.
wildcat24

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:19:53 AM

So.. rewards will only be given out if you are training with a personal trainer; and you have already bought that service on the Lympo platform or from their partners. For example, everyone who runs in the Vilnius marathon this September will be eligible. If open challenges are organized, they plan to add various max limits and other rules to minimize the risk of cheating.

LuBro (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:30:13 AM

Furthermore a point, it's all about getting fit and starting/having a healthy lifestyle. If you cheat you're about to cheat on yourself.
I know it's also about rewards, but this wouldn't sound right if you want to outsmart the system. Wink
Wechsler
Copper Member

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 10:37:49 AM

I would like to point out that while that's true, they are easily mitigated by banning the use of rooted phones etc. Even then, the prevalence of cheaters will not mean much if it's a manageable small percentage and might not have too much of a downside (putting fitness bands on a dog to get steps etc). My concern however, is token economics (assuming the op is thinking of buying LYM). Since free coins are given out, I'm not sure how this token will be in demand. Yes, perhaps with gym memberships or other services Lympo offers, but it's a bit murky.

It's still the first of its kind though and this has peaked my interest.
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:41:12 AM

I honestly think Lympo is a great idea, with some minor flaws, such as the forementioned hacking.
Other than that, I hope it can create an infrastructure, as it would act as an incentive towards a healthier lifestyle, which is highly beneficial.
Lets hope it will be adapted.
vultas

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:13:33 PM

I would like to point out that while that's true, they are easily mitigated by banning the use of rooted phones etc. Even then, the prevalence of cheaters will not mean much if it's a manageable small percentage and might not have too much of a downside (putting fitness bands on a dog to get steps etc). My concern however, is token economics (assuming the op is thinking of buying LYM). Since free coins are given out, I'm not sure how this token will be in demand. Yes, perhaps with gym memberships or other services Lympo offers, but it's a bit murky.

Well there is more things that will help with it's usage not only gym memberships or sports equipment. The market of health data should be a really big factor since it's relay scalable and versatile with insurance and target marketing. Not to mension the fact that the data collection can spread to other areas.
LuBro (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:09:41 PM

Well there is more things that will help with it's usage not only gym memberships or sports equipment. The market of health data should be a really big factor since it's relay scalable and versatile with insurance and target marketing. Not to mension the fact that the data collection can spread to other areas.

That's a good point.
It is precisely this data collection and use of data that makes it so attractive for future research and collaboration. I really think that cooperation with insurance companies is possible and can even be really needed. This would be of great benefit to a large group. And even Lympo tries to aim it as well.
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:18:55 PM

This sounds great in theory. There was an app called sweatcoin which made it to the #1 app in the google plat store. There were SO many problem with the app. If there was a way to ensure people can't cheat, then maybe that would be something.
LuBro (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:30:17 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 04:20:23 PM by LuBro

This sounds great in theory. There was an app called sweatcoin which made it to the #1 app in the google plat store. There were SO many problem with the app. If there was a way to ensure people can't cheat, then maybe that would be something.

I've heard something about it as well, but haven't followed it later on. But it is to mention, that it's available in the US, UK and Ireland only..

I will describe the problem about SweatCoin shortly.They are using an algorithm, so that no one can cheat. To prevent cheating only 65% of the steps are verified on average. A lot of steps are just thrown away which makes it really difficult. Furthermore, this isn't the best idea to prevent someone from cheating.. and unfortunately, there is much room to cheat.
In addition, Sweatcoin keeps a small percentage of the steps in order to finance itself. So you pay practically the mediation of the premiums with your steps. Whole system is not really transparent...
Wechsler
Copper Member

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 11:58:51 AM

Fair enough. Any idea why it's so strong in this bear market?
LuBro (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:41:59 PM

Fair enough. Any idea why it's so strong in this bear market?

One point is, that Tadas the marketing manager of Lympo is doing his very best, working like hell day and night to spread the great vision of Lympo. You should like to see him.
meikelcoin

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:11:28 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 08:26:31 PM by meikelcoin

I really think it's a great project. Health is becoming increasingly important in the world. Today, people are already earning billions of dollars. and it will become more. And this token has great potential to become a big player at the top.
wildcat24

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:36:31 PM

I've heard something about it as well, but haven't followed it later on. But it is to mention, that it's available in the US, UK and Ireland only..

I will describe the problem about SweatCoin shortly.They are using an algorithm, so that no one can cheat. To prevent cheating only 65% of the steps are verified on average. A lot of steps are just thrown away which makes it really difficult. Furthermore, this isn't the best idea to prevent someone from cheating.. and unfortunately, there is much room to cheat.
In addition, Sweatcoin keeps a small percentage of the steps in order to finance itself. So you pay practically the mediation of the premiums with your steps. Whole system is not really transparent...

Definitely; sweatcoin also wasn't really Crypto, they use what are essentially rewards points, and the Lympo guys are well-aware of the journey Sweatcoin had/what they did wrong and what can be learned from that.
SweatCoin is definitely a great display of the demand and popularity in this market.. so excited to see Lympo do it right!
LuBro (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:05:02 AM

Definitely; sweatcoin also wasn't really Crypto, they use what are essentially rewards points, and the Lympo guys are well-aware of the journey Sweatcoin had/what they did wrong and what can be learned from that.
SweatCoin is definitely a great display of the demand and popularity in this market.. so excited to see Lympo do it right!

Yeah with all this in mind we can really help Lympo on it's journey to Blockchain and Health/Sports Data. One learns from mistakes. We can do it better now! Lympo enjoys growing stability right now, which is just a great fact in the current market situation! We're all pulling together, the team AND the community. Now every Token/Coin can offer such a great atmosphere.
LuBro (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:16:37 AM

Furthermore, just read something like this in a lot of Telegram Channels:

"Here we are today! thinking Market is a totally pain in ass at the moment - BTC is in the hands of Market movers and any technical analysis would not help much to predict how this BIG BOY would be moving. This is similar kind of situation back in the last quarter of 2017 when market was almost dead and then made aggresive come back. We all have portfolios down at the moment but We are very positive that this RED CLOUD is going to disappear very soon. Before every big move, market has shown similar kind of pattern so HOLD your positions on Alts and dont panic."

Lympo's still on top 5 performers in the last 7 days, so we can make our way through this easily! Still 79.24% up!  Smiley
It shows how much effort and enthusiasm this team puts into the matter! This is just the beginning! Smiley
wildcat24

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:20:47 PM

Furthermore, just read something like this in a lot of Telegram Channels:

"Here we are today! thinking Market is a totally pain in ass at the moment - BTC is in the hands of Market movers and any technical analysis would not help much to predict how this BIG BOY would be moving. This is similar kind of situation back in the last quarter of 2017 when market was almost dead and then made aggresive come back. We all have portfolios down at the moment but We are very positive that this RED CLOUD is going to disappear very soon. Before every big move, market has shown similar kind of pattern so HOLD your positions on Alts and dont panic."

Lympo's still on top 5 performers in the last 7 days, so we can make our way through this easily! Still 79.24% up!  Smiley
It shows how much effort and enthusiasm this team puts into the matter! This is just the beginning! Smiley

Could not agree more; I was thinking about this very same thing today Smiley
LuBro (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:21:35 AM

So what do you guys think about the fact, that Lympo is distributing company shares to LYM holders? And not only a small percentage, it's about 20% at all from the company.
"Lympo will become the first company to actually make this move."
So you can soon be a Lympo Shareholder, this sounds just awesome if you ask me!

That means at all:
  • real participation in the company decision making;
  • real transparency for thousands of contributors;
  • real value for LYM token supporters.
ZTCrypto

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:57:19 AM

This company has a great idea and execution so far. I bought into them rather early with their ico. Admins are really good, answer almost every question asked on their telegram channel. The coin is still very strong to its ICO Price despite the market falling down. This project HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: