Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help with rig  (Read 217 times)
BTC22 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:31:14 AM

Hey guys, I had to get a new MOBO for my rig. My ASROCK h110 pro BTC+ shit the bed so I ordered an ASUS B250. If I plug any sata cables in, it wont boot up at all. I have two PSU's. A 1000w and an 850. I've tired all of them plus another one I have not in use. Nothing. Sometimes it wont even start up. When it does, the bios loads fine, but it does not read my SSD. Im at a complete loss here. Ive tried different RAM, double checked the CPU seating. It all seems fine. I have the main PSU plugged into the A 24 pin slot and the second plugged into the B slot. All ATX power cables plugged in from the same PSU that's plugged into the A slot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:49:52 AM

sounds to me like the mobo is broken.

Its brand new? You think?
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:32:44 AM

So I have an idea, maybe you have to change the battery on mainboard and the second suggestion is to update the bios, if that wont't work, then it is clearly the broken mainboard and you have to change by warranty
BrokenMiner

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:44:01 AM

If it's used you may want to reset the bios settings, might be worth it even if it's a new mobo.  People will turn off a lot of ports and peripherals they aren't using on a mining rig.
FatAnt

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:59:05 AM

If you can navigate through the BIOS settings, there's good odds your mainboard is OK.  Simplify your config to the least number of components possible.  ie: mainboard, CPU, RAM, SSD and just one GPU plugged into the PCIe x16 socket on the B250 (no risers or extra GPUs). 

I presume you're using the same SSD that has Windows? on it that has the chipset drivers for the failed Asrock m/b?  Sometimes Windows doesn't like to boot on hardware that it wasn't installed on.  Can you try loading Windows on a spare/blank SSD/HD?
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:01:17 AM

Hey guys, I had to get a new MOBO for my rig. My ASROCK h110 pro BTC+ shit the bed so I ordered an ASUS B250. If I plug any sata cables in, it wont boot up at all. I have two PSU's. A 1000w and an 850. I've tired all of them plus another one I have not in use. Nothing. Sometimes it wont even start up. When it does, the bios loads fine, but it does not read my SSD. Im at a complete loss here. Ive tried different RAM, double checked the CPU seating. It all seems fine. I have the main PSU plugged into the A 24 pin slot and the second plugged into the B slot. All ATX power cables plugged in from the same PSU that's plugged into the A slot.

Ya kidding me.  CPU and memory have no connection here.
BIOS is loading - they are ok. The problem is in  HDD or BIOS setting.
Try another HDD, check again cables, then BIOS HDD mode (lagacy - uefi, disk may be formatted in legacy and you are trying to use in in uefy).
jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:27:48 AM

Try another HDD, check again cables, then BIOS HDD mode (lagacy - uefi, disk may be formatted in legacy and you are trying to use in in uefy).
He is right. Right now i have same problem - sata hdd dont works. When i connect it to other pc it works fine. Already tried anpther sata cables. In my case sata controller is broken.
dimpsk

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:47:20 AM

He is right. Right now i have same problem - sata hdd dont works. When i connect it to other pc it works fine. Already tried anpther sata cables. In my case sata controller is broken.

More likely ya 're trying to  detect an HDD formatted in Windows 7 using UEFI BIOS settings. It's not work this way
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:55:09 AM

More likely ya 're trying to  detect an HDD formatted in Windows 7 using UEFI BIOS settings. It's not work this way

Pretty sure most motherboard these days support UEFI.

Did you only try that one hard drive? Did you try formatting with another PC and trying to install windows from scratch?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dimpsk

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:04:27 AM

Pretty sure most motherboard these days support UEFI.

Did you only try that one hard drive? Did you try formatting with another PC and trying to install windows from scratch?

I meant one obliged to  use legacy option to detect windows 7 disk.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:12:55 AM

Remove all GPUs and plug an HDMI monitor directly to the board. Also, when it boots and you get to the mobo settings, go to hardware storage (or something that sounds like that) then turn on COMPATIBILITY mode. It should do both LEGACY and UEFI. A simple restart after that should work. Had to do this to some of my ASUS B250s. Others worked out of the box. Weird, but hey it works.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:24:50 PM

I got fed up with it. I tried for 6 hours and couldnt get it to work. The really weird thing is, when it would boot to bios, and I just touched the board, it would shut off. Loose connection somewhere right? Nope. I stripped everything out and just left the power cables and it still did it. It was brand new from Amazon, so I just sent it back.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:01:13 PM

I have such a mother works without problems. But I've read that about 20% of h110 ASROCK pro BTC+ had problems with build quality. I think you bought a new but faulty mother. You did the right thing sending her back. But this is not a reason to refuse the use of this model. I have 1 rig assembled on the basis of this mothers. Over 1 year I have not had any problems.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:16:57 PM

Remove all GPUs, disconnect anything not used, leave only the RAM and CPU on the motherboard. If it loads fine, then try connecting your hard drive and see if it works. If not, it could be an issue with your SATA cables or the HDD/SSD itself. Make sure you try both other cables and hard drive.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
honestinvestor

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:50:19 PM

It is better to understand everything in general otherwise it will not even be of any use to the ministry, you will throw money into the void
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:54:05 PM

I have heard many negative reviews on ASROCK h110 Pro BTC. I think that was released a defective batch of these boards. I have 5 rigs collected on such motherboards. Work more than a year and no problems. Rebooting occurs no more than once a month. I doubt that you can achieve such a result from your rigs. I don't think the problem is the equipment. The problem is in the user.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:20:36 PM

I have heard many negative reviews on ASROCK h110 Pro BTC. I think that was released a defective batch of these boards. I have 5 rigs collected on such motherboards. Work more than a year and no problems. Rebooting occurs no more than once a month. I doubt that you can achieve such a result from your rigs. I don't think the problem is the equipment. The problem is in the user.

I have no idea what you are trying to say, except that it was my fault I couldnt get the video to work? If so, you are sadly mistaken.
stiucsib86

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:28:31 PM

If I plug any sata cables in, it wont boot up at all... When it does, the bios loads fine, but it does not read my SSD.

1. Remove all extra components, e.g. second PSU, GPUs.
2. Remove the SSD and try boot the system with Ubuntu live.
3. Connect back the SSD and try.
4. If still boot error, try a new SATA cable or SSD.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: