Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:07:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Market Reloaded closes doors, restitutes all BTC balances! -edit- reopened  (Read 4452 times)
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:03:08 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2013, 11:52:52 AM by Spekulatius

I cross post my post from Bitcoin Discussion here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=313008.msg3357205#msg3357205

https://fec33nz6mhzd54zj.onion.to/viewtopic.php?id=9394

BMR owner backopy writes today:

During these days I'd to commit the worse of the sins to get the site online; use a VPS!
The VPS admin had stole the code and leaked it.
This means I can't operate anymore.
I'd read the rumors, and I've to say I'm not BCE, but his work was where I learn some basics to build the site.

I'll put up in a few days a system to allow you to recover your BTC, they went nowhere and I've all needed data to refund them.

I can then confirm this is actually BMR's index.php file:
http://iobm.net/forum/dos/index.php/topic,17.msg113.html#msg113

All the best and until the next time,

backopy

----UPDATE 2013 10 17 1500 UTC ----
Roadmap to recovery:

I'll be creating an address where you may enter your username, password and then the address you want to withdraw the coins to.

Escrow and so on, to be dealt later on.

Immediate user comments in BMR Forum:

arnie420 Today 13:45
omg no! this is like my worst nightmare came true fuck just when i thought the dust from sr settled...

backopy Today 13:45
I hire hits on nobody, it's just sad that someone is running a VPS to peek its contents to pretend to be a hacker.

mikezolinski Today 13:46
So this is it? It's over?So this is it? It's over?

backopy Today 13:48
Yes, I'll be building BMRv5 and come back in the future but the roadmap is still long.

So what does this entail for price? In the next few days lot of Bitcoins are going back to BMR buyers/sellers. With it the last online blackmarket powered with BTC, I know of, closes down:
SR: servers seized, owner on trial, users being prosecuted;
Atlantis: closed down, potential scam;
Sheep market place: Massive security breach,
BMR: Massive security breach, closed down.

There are none left for buyers/sellers to go to, at least no place I know of. Does this mean we will see a lot of dumps in the next few days as users withdraw their BTC balances and turn them into something they can buy their drugs with (fiat)? How much BTC was on their wallets anyway?

-edit- site owner put site backup over relieved concerns of insecurity.
http://atlantisblog.org/black-market-reloaded-back-online-after-false-alarm/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

Activity: 1168

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:06:18 PM

There's a whole Reddit that's been up for a few hours on this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1on9v0/black_market_reloaded_closes_its_doors/

Looks like re-opening in a month.  Also, people are working on a decentralized solution, so I hear...
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:18:51 PM

Hmmm, interested to hear what people think about this, in regards to price action. I have no idea what to think anymore after the market reaction to the SR bust.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:25:31 PM

Hmmm, interested to hear what people think about this, in regards to price action. I have no idea what to think anymore after the market reaction to the SR bust.

Same here Wink

I guess to estimate the impact this may have we need to find out
- How many BTC there were in the user wallets
- When users get their BTC back (according to site administrator in the next few days)
- If there are any alternatives for users to goto (except for Sheep Market Place with gaping security holes IDK)
MAbtc

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:34:02 PM

I saw something about the owner of BMR planning to rebrand and come back, but was not clear on the time frame. Is Sheep Market Place the only other? I'm sure some users would keep their funds in bitcoin, but hard to say what %.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:37:11 PM

The Chinese do not even use drugs!
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 06:41:31 PM

Sheep marketplace is down too right now isn't it?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:26:26 PM

Proof? I think the idea of hidden anonymized market places would work everywhere as good and would be equally appealing. Maybe you just dont know about them because they are in Chinese?
MAbtc

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:35:15 PM

Proof? I think the idea of hidden anonymized market places would work everywhere as good and would be equally appealing. Maybe you just dont know about them because they are in Chinese?

I have a lot of Chinese family. Having said that, my experience is obviously anecdotal. But my feeling has always been that there is a much stronger emphasis on legality among Chinese than say, people in the US. Lots of gambling, booze and tobacco -- but in my experience, I have seen very little interest in drugs.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:09:08 PM

Same here Wink

- When users get their BTC back (according to site administrator in the next few days)
- If there are any alternatives for users to goto (except for Sheep Market Place with gaping security holes IDK)

I'm sure than nobody who once understood power of bitcoin will convert it back into fiat.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:12:53 PM

Same here Wink

I'm sure than nobody who once understood power of bitcoin will convert it back into fiat.

Unless you run a business dealing illicit substances.. Cool
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:16:09 PM

I have a lot of Chinese family. Having said that, my experience is obviously anecdotal. But my feeling has always been that there is a much stronger emphasis on legality among Chinese than say, people in the US. Lots of gambling, booze and tobacco -- but in my experience, I have seen very little interest in drugs.

Ok, I guess the whole opium stereotype is outdated, but there sure are alot of illegal things that Chinese people cannot buy on the open market, like religous accessory, censored books & movies, banned animal parts for traditional medicine (I guess), or simply plainly illegal goods such as stolen or forged identity cards, bank accounts or credit cards.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:22:43 PM

If you have bitcoin then you do not need BMR, SR,  Sheeps ... (they are useful but not required)
 1. seller just leaves message on forum "SR(I'll sell a milk) - ${his public key}"
 2. customer will reply with message encrypted by this public key (message can contains new keys for next comunications)
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

google The Opium Wars
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:21:43 AM

It seems like another one will pop up for sure. These sites can't be that hard to run, all you need is a basic script allowing people to send messages & post listings which seems pretty trivial, a coin mixer algy, and some anonymous .onion hosting. The most important ingredient is trust, not coding knowledge or money, so it seems like another trusted entity involved with this type of thing is bound to create another marketplace.

BitcoinAshley

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:45:36 AM

It doesn't appear to be affecting price i.e. people aren't panic selling. So much for the "bitcoin rides on silk road/illegal drug sales" trolls.

In fact, people aren't even panic-selling because "omg all internet druggie dealers are gonna go on and sell their BTC for fiat in the next few days and then transfer it to their bank account where they can explain to teh IRS how they made all that money" 
Looks like speculators have already discounted that as "chicken little bullshit."
Hfleer

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 03:42:20 PM

BMR back up now?  Think I got whiplash on that one.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
theonewhowaskazu

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:53:04 PM

Lol @ month until recovery.

TERA

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:03:02 PM

This is bearish news. The Chinese want a drug-free bitcoin.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:05:53 PM

I want a drug-free USD Roll Eyes

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 07:07:17 PM

and I want a joint.

so what now?

should i buy an Altcoin Huh

Cheesy

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:11:33 PM

and I want a joint.

so what now?

should i buy an Altcoin Huh

Cheesy

Use dirtyusagecoin for your dirty purpose!

TERA

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:18:24 PM

"Big things for feathercoin"
theonewhowaskazu

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:43:51 PM

The chinese government can want whatever they want, but their users will continue to use BTC no matter what.

A bitcoin with which you can purchase drugs is strictly better than a bitcoin where you cannot from an economic perspective.

fleabag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:41:44 PM

It doesn't appear to be affecting price i.e. people aren't panic selling. So much for the "bitcoin rides on silk road/illegal drug sales" trolls.

In fact, people aren't even panic-selling because "omg all internet druggie dealers are gonna go on and sell their BTC for fiat in the next few days and then transfer it to their bank account where they can explain to teh IRS how they made all that money" 
Looks like speculators have already discounted that as "chicken little bullshit."

Shut up Bitch!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 08:46:06 PM

Shut up Bitch!
wooo, wtf is going on here
what did Ashley say? seem perfectly respectable to me

what's wrong fleabag?

fleabag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:49:58 PM

Shut up Bitch!

what's wrong fleabag?

She is just a pain in the arse!
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:54:14 PM

Shut up Bitch!

what's wrong fleabag?

She is just a pain in the arse!

U mad?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:59:14 PM

they never did !  Roll Eyes
trdiablo

Activity: 540

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:21:01 PM

BMR is back open, security not compromised.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: