Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will GPU prices decrease?
1-2 months - 3 (13%)
2-6 months - 8 (34.8%)
1-2 years - 1 (4.3%)
When BTC drops below $6k - 3 (13%)
When New Graphic Cards are Announced - 8 (34.8%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: So... When will I be able to buy some graphic cards?  (Read 368 times)
matthewoz101 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:35:48 PM

The prices of graphic cards are way too high for my liking. The market is also still bearish and I'm out of fiat.

Have any ideas of when and why the graphic cards prices will drop down? Leave them below
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:12:15 AM

The prices of graphic cards are way too high for my liking. The market is also still bearish and I'm out of fiat.

Have any ideas of when and why the graphic cards prices will drop down? Leave them below

Nobody knows when.
This is a few things that may cause GPUs prices go down.
- Demand for GUPs itself.
- Devices regeneration, The new version launched, old version would be down priced if demand for old version is low (back to point one).
- Crypto market sluggish (mining context, since gamers more less than miners). But no guarantee, like this day.
And many more.  Grin
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:42:43 AM

1-2 months, profitability is very low and i'm seeing people dumping gpus as fast as they can.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
ItsFlavy

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:47:20 AM

Every time there is a crisis or shortage of GPUs, you can expect an interval of 4-6 months where you'll find nothing. People jump on crypto not for its purpose, but to gain a quick buck. In the end, those are the people that ultimately never hold onto the GPUs, and begin flooding them on the market. At which point, prices will decrease.

TL;DR - Wait until May-June and you should see shelves stocked up again.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:51:50 AM

when Cryptocurrency doesn't become a trending topic again, 1 year ago the price of BTC increased significantly so many people interest to mining of altcoins (result it converted to BTC) and they know that a graphics cards can do it. the impact is many demands for GPU and market know "what is to do".

in facts, now price of BTC and almost all coin has a decrease, but price a graphics card still expensive.

not can predictions, you must brave take a risk or just so become is observers.

matthewoz101 (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:24:06 PM

Every time there is a crisis or shortage of GPUs, you can expect an interval of 4-6 months where you'll find nothing. People jump on crypto not for its purpose, but to gain a quick buck. In the end, those are the people that ultimately never hold onto the GPUs, and begin flooding them on the market. At which point, prices will decrease.

TL;DR - Wait until May-June and you should see shelves stocked up again.

Hopefully we'll be in a bull market and I'll be able to afford an amazing gaming computer.

Thanks for the response. I'll be waiting  Grin
matthewoz101 (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:26:14 PM

1-2 months, profitability is very low and i'm seeing people dumping gpus as fast as they can.

I hope so. Do you have any tips for buying used GPUs? Have you bought used GPUs or should I wait for brand new GPUs prices to go down?

Thanks for the reply. I'll be waiting for a bull market so I can afford a sick gaming PC.
hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 06:37:36 PM

in my region the prices are gradually declining, and the market there are a lot of used GPUs, those who took out a loan on the farm, began to worry, and sell equipment
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:15:47 AM

when miners no longer mine using a graphics card, then the stock in the market will be abundant and maybe price return normal even can is cheaper, or there device else is performance same a GPU but price cheaper. at that moment is the right time you buy a graphics card or device else its.

gsanjin

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:52:45 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 12:58:41 PM by gsanjin

With such low mining profits, long-term bearish market, new GPU generation at door, and incoming ASICs with high amounts of RAM (thats why Samsung had considerable order at end of 2017) - in 1-2 months.
kiver

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:55:00 AM

I think when the New set of gpus released to the market there a little drop in price in the old ones i know that the prices have gotten very high lately but its out of our hands its all about the market demand
matthewoz101 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:52:51 PM

I think when the New set of gpus released to the market there a little drop in price in the old ones i know that the prices have gotten very high lately but its out of our hands its all about the market demand

I hope so. I'm waiting on some announcements. I guess it's time for me to set an alert for BTC and keep an eye on the graphic cards prices.
matthewoz101 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:17:45 AM

UPDATE! Apparently the GTX 1080 ti will stop being produced when the new 2080 comes out. Should happen in a month or two. Keeping my eye on the market and tryimg to decide whether or not to try and get my hands on the 2080. Price will probably stay the same, but the older graphic cards should start dropping much faster than now in price.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:45:01 AM

Apparently the GPU mining craze is already over and GPUs are starting to flood the market. In fact at our local cryptomining group rigs are being sold everywhere. Unless bitcoin goes back above 15k usd and eth goes above 1.2k usd i feel like it won't be long soon before we see dirt cheap prices on GPUs again.

If you are willing to risk buying second hand, you may already be able to get some good deals today.
oddstake

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 05:39:48 AM

I`m mining ETH with 7 x 1080ti with a hashrate of 276.4Mh/s.
It was to be profitable a few months back when difficulty was low but now I`m making about $11/day with a power consumption of $6/day . So if you have just a few cards is not so profitable.
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:41:01 AM

UPDATE! Apparently the GTX 1080 ti will stop being produced when the new 2080 comes out. Should happen in a month or two. Keeping my eye on the market and tryimg to decide whether or not to try and get my hands on the 2080. Price will probably stay the same, but the older graphic cards should start dropping much faster than now in price.

Wrong.
Pascal is EOL for quite some time now, 20xx series chips are in production from January.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:56:48 AM

I forecast at least 2-6 months as there is always a lag on these type of things. Too many people right now expect the market to turn around in the next few weeks and be back to making big profits mining. They will snatch up any GPUs that are even discounted slightly from the past highs, so we need to wait for that cycle to burn itself out as well. Also, people getting in late that paid $1,200 for a GTX1000Ti, even if they now have figured out that they are likely to never pay off the card by mining, are not going to sell it at a huge loss, so they will still be expecting at least $1,000 for that now used card.

IN another couple of months new cards may be out further putting downward price pressure on the GPU market. Right now the GPU markets is as hot as it ever was, as you might think you are getting a deal now that you can buy that GTX1000Ti for $1,000, that was selling for $1,200 a month ago, but in reality you are still paying about $250 above the original MSRP. Normally (meaning non hot-mining market) by this point in a card's life-cycle, they are being pushed off store shelves at a $100 or so discount from MSRP, so that same GTX1000TI would be going for around $650 if it hadn't been for the mining craze. Just some things to keep in mind.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:58:07 AM

Wrong.
Pascal is EOL for quite some time now, 20xx series chips are in production from January.

EOL? Hehe. Lets not get way over our head bud.

You may live in #ITexpert clouds but the rest of us here live on earth. The 1080ti is one of NVIDIA's newer cards and it is far from being EOL. There are new cards coming out soon but they are still producing and supporting 1080ti's and Pascal. Go out of the basement sometimes and maybe enjoy life, dont take yourself too seriously.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
big al

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:13:53 AM

Seems like a guy should be able to pick up 8gb rx580s for $300 or a bit more perusing CL and ebay.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:24:21 AM

Asrock whant to produce new gpu is name is phantom gaming based on amd.
manji

Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:01:56 AM

Asrock whant to produce new gpu is name is phantom gaming based on amd.
Nice, one week ago I also have been read its. But just knew that's name "phantom." you can give me a link that news, I'm got lazy to use search function..lol

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: