Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:16:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Preliminary scam warning re: simple-dice and coinvault.pw  (Read 2691 times)
greyhawk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 11:31:39 AM

Note: a scam has not happened yet. This thread instead serves as a preliminary warning.

User simple-dice runs a webwallet coinvault.pw https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307992.0 of course touted as "the most secure btc web-wallet".

The same user is asking for a 2.3 BTC loan https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310359.0

In the loan request as collateral he offers access to the web-wallet server to the lending party

Loan request quoted in it's entirety below to preserve evidence (quoted on 14 Oct 2013 at 13:24 CEST)

Purchased 2.5 BTC via Coinbase two (2) days ago.

I'm impatient and willing to pay 0.2 BTC to get the BTC instantly via a lend and will payback 2.5 BTC when it arrives on the 17th.

I will provide proof that I purchased via Coinbase on Skype screenshare or Teamviewer and will provide almost any collateral requested.

I run a new bitcoin web-wallet and can provide access to the server as collateral until the lend is paid off.

Thanks.

Entrusting the server and the contained customer and wallet data to a third party is of course a security and trust violation of the highest order.

All customers of coinvault.pw and other other projects of simple-dice are adviced to pull out any funds now for their own security.

Currently known simple-dice projects:
- http://simple-dice.com
- inputs.io PHP Warpper
- coinvault.pw
- several gambling sites were provided scripts by simple-dice, names are not known at this time, please list below if you know. Buyers are adviced to check and/or remove scripts from their sites.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:45:06 AM

Very bumpworthy PSA.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:47:18 AM

This Account Has Been Suspended

Roll Eyes
simple-dice

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:49:35 PM

Funny how you didn't quote the specifics: a read-only user to the server.

Wouldn't be able to edit ANYTHING and all data is stored locally on the user's computer hence why it's the most secure.

Idiot.
greyhawk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:09:46 PM

Idiot.

That's not very nice, Mohammed. You should probably be nicer to people, especially in your situation.

I don't know about the privacy laws in *flicks through folder* Tunisia (I wouldn't be surprised if there are none) but in most parts of the rest of the world we see giving other people access to servers we use for financial transactions as "Are you fucking crazy?"
simple-dice

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:26:38 PM

Idiot.

That's not very nice, Mohammed. You should probably be nicer to people, especially in your situation.

I don't know about the privacy laws in *flicks through folder* Tunisia (I wouldn't be surprised if there are none) but in most parts of the rest of the world we see giving other people access to servers we use for financial transactions as "Are you fucking crazy?"

All data is hosted locally meaning that nothing can be stolen.  Not that you'd know that because you can probably barely function the Windows Control Panel.

It's in pure JavaScript, all code is already public.  It uses private keys (passphrases).  This may be a hard concept for your puny brain to understand, but anyone having read-only access to the server is not much collateral at all.

It's less than 24 hours until Coinbase delivers my coin, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

That was the best collateral I could give - it's irrelevant now.

It's funny how idiotic you are to post this thread.  You're so oblivious to the functionality of a secure web-wallet that you think it's a potential scam.
01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:08:37 AM

What about tampering the javascript code once vilain has access to the server?
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:22:40 AM

Obvious fail scam.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
simple-dice

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:03:45 AM

Did you not see the read-only part...
anonameous

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:41:16 AM

1. How does that justify as collateral for a loan? you can easily delete the account and leave the lender with no collateral

2. What if the villain uses one of thousands of local root exploits to gain root permissions? it's still idiotic to hand out "read only" accounts like that.

3. You posted about the "read only" account after everyone pointed out how idiotic what you were doing is.

You've been officially outed. SCAMMER! Now run along to your next username and attempt peddle your next scam
simple-dice

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:04:38 AM

1. How does that justify as collateral for a loan? you can easily delete the account and leave the lender with no collateral

2. What if the villain uses one of thousands of local root exploits to gain root permissions? it's still idiotic to hand out "read only" accounts like that.

3. You posted about the "read only" account after everyone pointed out how idiotic what you were doing is.

You've been officially outed. SCAMMER! Now run along to your next username and attempt peddle your next scam

1.  Like I said, it's not much collateral at all but it's all I could offer.

2.  Nobody will gain root access to my server.

3.  I had thought people here were (notice the tense) intelligent, and would assume that obviously the person wouldn't have root access, I guess I was wrong there.
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:04:02 PM

1.  Like I said, it's not much collateral at all but it's all I could offer.

2.  Nobody will gain root access to my server.

3.  I had thought people here were (notice the tense) intelligent, and would assume that obviously the person wouldn't have root access, I guess I was wrong there.

where you been bro? you took my money and never finished any of the projects I hired you for...

so much for "doing the right thing when nobody is watching"...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: