Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:03:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL charges about $300 for shipping & actual cost is $53.95  (Read 3393 times)
subi (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:53:35 AM

Thought the community might want to know if it's not out there already.

I had ordered a 60 GH/s unit way back at the beginning of the year. There was an initial shipping charge (international). About 8 months in to the wait, BFL offered an "upgraded" expedited shipping option for about an extra $200. Of course I jumped at the opportunity to get my miner sooner in the face of increasing difficulty.

Disappointed when the box arrived and I found that it was the Priority Mail International® Large Flat Rate Box by USPS - totalling $53.95. I get there can be some handling fee included perhaps, but really seemed like gauging to me.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:15:10 AM

You would have at least expected a priority 1 or 2 day express courier or something for that price.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:34:34 AM

I just checked my order, standard shipping $88.
So that is reasonable markup for packaging.
I would demand that $200 back.  Angry

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:44:43 AM

"upgraded" expedited shipping option

So you waited 8 months and you paid 200$ for your miner to arrive in 1-2 days instead of 5-6 days more...  Roll Eyes
In any case you should ask for those 200$ back.

cowandtea

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:34:20 AM

"upgraded" expedited shipping option

So you waited 8 months and you paid 200$ for your miner to arrive in 1-2 days instead of 5-6 days more...  Roll Eyes
In any case you should ask for those 200$ back.

If you calculate back, an extra 4 days is $200, but they delayed 8 months which is about 240days. Please claim back $12000 (240/4*$200) from them for using snail shipment.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:38:38 AM

Thought the community might want to know if it's not out there already.

I had ordered a 60 GH/s unit way back at the beginning of the year. There was an initial shipping charge (international). About 8 months in to the wait, BFL offered an "upgraded" expedited shipping option for about an extra $200. Of course I jumped at the opportunity to get my miner sooner in the face of increasing difficulty.

Disappointed when the box arrived and I found that it was the Priority Mail International® Large Flat Rate Box by USPS - totalling $53.95. I get there can be some handling fee included perhaps, but really seemed like gauging to me.

Scumbags.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:00:59 AM

If you calculate back, an extra 4 days is $200, but they delayed 8 months which is about 240days.

Well if this happened around August then yes what you said may be true.

Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:15:47 PM

Oh BFL, how are you not sued and burnt to the ground yet?

I remember seeing threads about persuing legal action against ButtFuckingLliars - anyone know how they are doing?

hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:54:53 PM

Oh BFL, how are you not sued and burnt to the ground yet?

I remember seeing threads about persuing legal action against ButtFuckingLliars - anyone know how they are doing?

+1

Someone please sue them, I hate it how they are still doing the same pre-order stuff while so many things had happen.

razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 01:00:24 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 01:19:07 PM by razorfishsl

They are complete scum.
Delivered 3 defective units to me.
Refused to ship replacements until:
1. they had issued an RMA (6 days)
2. Had the units back, despite me providing postage proof.

Shipped replacement parts out by the slowest method possible.
Photographs CLEARLY indicating that the issues were highly unlikely to have occurred at any place other than the factory, not to mention they did an international shipment by throwing two singles + PSU & cables into one large box WITHOUT BULK packing.

This was for units received  1st week of October.. and STILL I have not had the replacement kit... it is STILL in the US in the post...

All I can say is the product is substandard , the PSU's as supplied are  dangerous and a fire hazard. (Including access to live part without the use of tools, which would get you a shipping ban in most countries)

Assembly and design is also substandard, giving a clear impression that whoever was responsible for this abortion of a product had little understanding of material choice  to produce a reliable and sturdy product

There is absolutely no excuse for such things to happen , unless it was a deliberate act to meet shipping targets by workers who did not care, but then again  the Fuck you... replacement shipping says it goes all the way up the chain.

I think the question is:

1. WHAT THE FUCK were the people doing when they stuck the labels on?
2. HOW can Two separate defective units have sequential serial numbers?
3. All marks, scratches and fingerprints as per goods received........

And NO they were not 'damaged in shipping', because the Third was in a completely separate box, but was still defective, plus the missing USB was NOT in the BFL single case and NOT in the shipping carton.

Don't even get me started about the  safety and fire issues related to their PSU

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
c1010010

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:04:40 PM

You've got to piece it all together from the years of posts here.

There are issues with BFL.  If you choose to do business with them, you have a pretty big upside and a pretty big downside.  No surprises.

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
razorfishsl

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 01:32:36 PM

The problem I have with this, is not just the obvious complete lack of expertise in safety/sourcing materials/  production planning etc.

But rather the 'fuck you' attitude that pervades the whole company, Ok granted the support staff I contacted said he would speak to his supervisor about this 'issue', but then he disappeared...
no replies to the emails..
Then the next support staff also 'disappeared', then we had the delay of 6 days to issue an RMA and I had the distinct feeling they were deliberately delaying issuing the RMA.

It was as if they knew they were sinking fast and just shipping absolutely any crap before the difficulty tanked the products, but they were working in a company where they could do nothing.

They could quite easily have apologized and  handled this matter in a far better way, I have been told by the Us postal service that I will be lucky if the replacement units arrive before the middle of November....

hayek

Activity: 370

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:54:39 PM

At this point, is anyone really surprised?
c1010010

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:26:01 PM

At this point, is anyone really surprised?

^This

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
Adeel06

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:33:29 PM

Makes me sad that people still do business with them or even did 8 months ago after the traumas they caused people in the 8-12 months previous to that. I work my ass off for customer service and still get shit on 24/7, yet they are still a company that's operating? Roflmao. Class action suit. Not too difficult, where are these threads someone link me and I can help find a lawyer in the state that knows what he's doing. This is ridiculous.
c1010010

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:36:08 PM

Makes me sad that people still do business with them or even did 8 months ago after the traumas they caused people in the 8-12 months previous to that. I work my ass off for customer service and still get shit on 24/7, yet they are still a company that's operating? Roflmao. Class action suit. Not too difficult, where are these threads someone link me and I can help find a lawyer in the state that knows what he's doing. This is ridiculous.

Well, I think it has to do with the upside.  If it were all true and on time, theses people would be doing quite well.

But... alas...

razorfishsl

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 10:11:49 PM

Unfortunately It was impossible to back out the transactions otherwise I would have told them to F*** off a long time ago.
If I had a no win no fee lawyer  , I would go after them but why throw more money after bad, hell if  the lawyer won, he could even keep the money for all I care.

Aco

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:54:46 PM

Perhaps the extra charge is for shipping insurance??
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:31:48 AM

You're never going to get that money back, what they did isn't technically illegal (because they can charge you anything they like for shipping and handling as long as you agree to it, doesn't matter what it costs them).

I wouldn't give them a cent, their customer service is terrible and they rip off their customers at every opportunity.
subi (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:54:09 AM

Perhaps the extra charge is for shipping insurance??

Nope, only received the default insurance (I think that's about $100 lol).
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: