Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:29:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VBK] [PoP/PoW] VeriBlock: Securing the World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin!  (Read 28008 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
annapotpot

Activity: 330
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:06:26 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 08:17:55 AM by annapotpot

need to pay 0.001 btc for make it work ?

what do you mean by that ? as far as i know it was a testnet,the balance and everything will be reset in the future
please read it;
NOTE: The software available for download below is for the VeriBlock testnet blockchain.
The network (and all address balances) will be reset prior to official mainnet launch.

so you do not need to pay anything because it's testnet for Veriblock blockchain.
or i might be wrong in here ?

I believe you still need an address with a balance.

@Dev do you have any ETA on the launching of your main net so we can setup our mining pool?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skyler06
Copper Member

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:33:47 AM

what do you mean by that ? as far as i know it was a testnet,the balance and everything will be reset in the future
please read it;
NOTE: The software available for download below is for the VeriBlock testnet blockchain.
The network (and all address balances) will be reset prior to official mainnet launch.

so you do not need to pay anything because it's testnet for Veriblock blockchain.

that was for the step in POW where he say press enter for pay 0.001 btc or Q to exit

ty
wendelllee

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

DeepOnion

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:53:04 AM

Looks promising project. Try to understand the tech behind. Keep watching and Good luck
jacko0088

Activity: 1148
Merit: 562

Blockchain Core Dev

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 12:42:18 PM

Looks like I see a new coin here with an new type algo. It's on my watchboard now.

Does this coin have something to do with vericoin?

IT DOES NOT.

Cool thing dev but please specify that this has nothing to do with VRC/VRM. Because peoples in slack are gettin pretty confused and just started come over us! Thanks!  Smiley

▀███████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀██████████████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████████████▄
        ▀▀█████████████████████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▄
                             ████████████
                             ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
 ▀▀█████████████▄   ▀██████████████████
    ▀█████████████▄▄  ▀██████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▄  ▀█████████▀▀
         ▀█████████████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▀███████████▄
                ▀████████████▄
                   ▀███████████▄
                     ▀████████████▄
                       ▀████████████▄
E V O

Public DECENTRALIZED Blockchain
Decentralized DOMAIN System (DDNS)
High I/O SIDECHAINS

.TWITTER.
──────────────
.LINKEDIN.
                              ▄▄
                          ▄▄▄████
                   ▄▄▄███████████▄
             ▄▄▄██████████████████
          ▄███████████████████████▄
       ▄███████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████
    ▄█████████████████████▀████████
    █████████████████████ █████████
   ████████████████████▀ ██████████
    █████████████████▀ ▄███████████
    ▀██████████████▀  ▄███████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀  ▄████████████▀
         ▀▀███▀   ▄█████████████▀
        ▄▄█▀    ▄██████████████
▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀       ▀▀██████████▀
██▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀
  ..P O S  v3.. 
Enhancing Blockchain
Technology With Innovative
POS v3 Consensus Algorithm.

.................BUILTIN SHARED..
..GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL..

▄███████
      ▄█▀███████
    ▄█▀  ███████
  ▄█▀    ███████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
████████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
████████████████
 ▀██████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █
yahoobingo

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:09:44 PM

will watch more longer Grin
3dyx

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

https://twilight-coin.io/

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:47:06 PM

i will keep this thread. waiting new update for mainnet launching. good luck dev

janmenklooten

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:22:56 PM

Thank you!

To the devs: I've got everything working with a CPU. When will GPU-mining be activated?
shotfirst001

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:26:41 PM

looks interesting, keep sharing updates

discord would be helpful for the community
yahoobingo

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:49:44 AM

Guys now it is testnet. it is useless coins before mainnet Cry  think before you start mine it for long time and profit
KhunChan

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:56:09 AM

Extraction on the processor is working, it is not clear how pop in the test network to check and extract on video cards.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 05:22:05 AM

There are no nodecore zip files available on the github page, only read.md?

Check out https://github.com/VeriBlock/nodecore-releases/releases and click on the latest .zip "all" release (nodecore-all-testnet-0.1.0.zip)

This is for PoP mining, which is the mechanism by which the VeriBlock blockchain secures itself to the Bitcoin blockchain. VeriBlock testnet is secured to Bitcoin testnet, and anyone can act as a PoP miner on VeriBlock testnet by spending a nominal quantity of testnet Bitcoin coins in order to publish the current state of the VeriBlock testnet blockchain to the Bitcoin testnet blockchain. Right now, Bitcoin testnet transaction fees are incredibly low.

Do not spend any 'real'/mainnet Bitcoin on PoP mining VeriBlock testnet; not only are testnet coins considered to be devoid of value, but testnet VeriBlock tracks the testnet Bitcoin chain rather than the mainnet Bitcoin chain (so PoP transactions done to mainnet Bitcoin on behalf of testnet VeriBlock will not be accepted by VeriBlock testnet anyway).

See:

please read it;

Javi is correct in that the VeriBlock blockchain is currently in testnet. However, anyone wanting to test the new consensus feature introduced by VeriBlock (Proof-of-Proof mining) needs to spend testnet Bitcoin (not mainnet Bitcoin) to do PoP mining on behalf of VeriBlock testnet (thereby securing VeriBlock testnet to Bitcoin testnet).

help
(no connection) > Commands:

Did you start a local instance of NodeCore and  type "connect 127.0.0.1:10500" to connect to that local instance first?

Looks like I see a new coin here with an new type algo. It's on my watchboard now.

IT DOES NOT.

Cool thing dev but please specify that this has nothing to do with VRC/VRM. Because peoples in slack are gettin pretty confused and just started come over us! Thanks!  Smiley

Added a note at the bottom of the ANN about the difference between the VeriBlock and  VeriCoin/Verium projects.

Thank you!

To the devs: I've got everything working with a CPU. When will GPU-mining be activated?

You are currently mining coins on the VeriBlock testnet. Upon release of the VeriBlock mainnet, a GPU miner will be publicly available. Smiley

looks interesting, keep sharing updates

discord would be helpful for the community

Thanks for your interest in VeriBlock! We currently have several social media channels available (check out veriblock.org for the most recent list).

Extraction on the processor is working, it is not clear how pop in the test network to check and extract on video cards.

PoW on VeriBlock behaves similar to PoW on other blockchains; blocks are mined by miners consuming significant computational resources.

PoP, however, is an entirely new form of mining; PoP miners publish the current state of the VeriBlock blockchain to the Bitcoin blockchain (or currently, the state of VeriBlock testnet to Bitcoin testnet), and by doing so earn a mining reward for helping VeriBlock inherit Bitcoin's security.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Mike6000

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:56:03 AM

Is it basically to solve the issue of a large amount of data on bitcoins using a hybrid PoW and PoP system? Keep an eye on this project.
yahoobingo

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:03:59 PM

WHY people so crazy for air know? Huh
timstall

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:13:44 PM

IT DOES NOT.

Confirmed. VeriBlock (VBK) is a brand new coin.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:21:19 PM

Is it basically to solve the issue of a large amount of data on bitcoins using a hybrid PoW and PoP system? Keep an eye on this project.

That's one aspect of the project; by creating a 'tree-of-chains' structure, VeriBlock + PoP enable a large ecosystem of blockchains to proliferate because they can operate with a similar security context as Bitcoin, while 'paying' Bitcoin and its miners for the privilege.

WHY people so crazy for air know? Huh

It's for people who are interested in the technology and/or want to have experience setting up and interacting with VeriBlock prior to it's actual mainnet launch; think of this like a practice run for people who will want to be involved in the mainnet.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Mike6000

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:29:55 PM

That's one aspect of the project; by creating a 'tree-of-chains' structure, VeriBlock + PoP enable a large ecosystem of blockchains to proliferate because they can operate with a similar security context as Bitcoin, while 'paying' Bitcoin and its miners for the privilege.

Dev. it is an interesting project. Just have a discussion about these issues on my post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138706.0 . It seems your project to give a good solution if demonstrated and accepted by the community.
albanes

Activity: 468

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:07:36 AM

DEV YOU CAN SAY WHEN THE BASIC NETWORK WILL BE LAUNCHED?
zyrenhufalar11

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:19:21 AM

hope will premine some coins or it will be a fair launch !ill keep my eye on to it
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 710

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:31:15 PM

Will the coin be minable with antminer A3 ?

"Block Generation Protocol: Proof-of-Work (PoW) Mining w/ vBlake"
congatoiloi

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:45:00 PM

stands out compared to the majority of new coins coming
cool
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: