Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Straight HODL vs Trading  (Read 1197 times)
3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 896
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:12:38 PM

My thoughts on straight hold is during the time that it happens then there’s no assurance or exactly of time when you will be profitable enough in this business because you are waiting for the right time unlike in trading you will earn an income in daily basis.

Earning at daily basis isn't stable mate, we might loss our capital all the way because sometimes it will crash your coin's value. Every motivation in trading needs to focus on long term or straight hodl, in order to to achieve that profitable value. It sound surprising when you noticed the price of your coins increasing in the exchange markets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jerick01311

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:28:28 AM

For Newbie Like me i Search More About Hold or Trading. For Trading Good to Buy Xrp ,Eth for Short Term Trading And if you Want To Straight HOLD you need To Buy ah New Coins at Lowest Price  With Good Potencials.
I Think Both Hold and Trading Smiley
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:54:25 AM

This is normal, and i think that sometimes it is better to hold because you know that you are never going to loss your money in a long term. Trading is good if you want to make a quick buck in a daily basis

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
funnynews

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:49:50 AM

I dont like holding because then you are totally depending on a price. Trading - you are increasing continuously your funds that you own

AlaEhBTC

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:45:02 AM

Continue trading when you are not losing but when you lose, its HODL time.  Grin
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:15:27 AM

What I mean by straight HODL is that your hold through the crashes and the rises until you inevitably cash our and by trading I mean that you hold for a few months and then sell into fiat and wait for the expected dip/recession.
What i've noticed over the past years is that if I was less greedy and just cashed out after a reasonable profit and then held until the inevitable crashed, I would have made much more money than if i just held or bought another coin. 

An example of this is when I bought eth at 475 and sold at 1380.  Right after I sold I bought ltc at 230 thinking that it was gonna skyrocket after some of the money from the eth will flow back into the other coins.  The problem with that was that the entire market crashed and so if I were to just hold my fiat i would have been able to easily double my money. 

Let me know what your guys's thoughts are on this.
I know and I think it's interesting but what matters in my opinion what the coin is going dip? and whether at the time we buy and hold it in the future will go rise? I speak in the period of 1 to 4 weeks. I think you also need to advise why after you buy ETH and sell it then you move by buying LTC, I think we can get some suggestion in choosing coin.

Zhagedu

Activity: 118

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 10:28:23 AM

Well! Well!! my opinion is; if i bought ETH for example at the rate of 600$ and now it sell at 497.93$, all would advise myself is to hold for a better day to come before i sell out because if i sell out at 497.93$, i loose almost 102.07$ which will hurt my pocket even my wallet. I will strongly recommend that Holding is reward-able than selling at RED.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:41:52 AM

Well! Well!! my opinion is; if i bought ETH for example at the rate of 600$ and now it sell at 497.93$, all would advise myself is to hold for a better day to come before i sell out because if i sell out at 497.93$, i loose almost 102.07$ which will hurt my pocket even my wallet. I will strongly recommend that Holding is reward-able than selling at RED.
Well said, and before you go and invest better to know first if you can handle the risk and how long would you go in the situation like this, better to keep holding if you really trust the project but if you just did a wild guess then better to also have a stop and loss, project that has no future usage will be ended as a dumped and you will just wait for nothing but a sad doomed to your money.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:19:07 AM

I dont like holding because then you are totally depending on a price. Trading - you are increasing continuously your funds that you own

actually, I don't like too but if the conditions in the market do not support us to do day trading, then hold is only our way to wait for the price back to the higher price. and if we keep trying to sell the coins, we cannot make a profit because we sell at the low price than the price we buy the coins. so holding is a good solution to stay away from the loss of our money. but if you have another strategy, then maybe it will work well for you and you need to calculate how much you've lost and how much your profit.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
kent47400

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:37:27 AM

An example of this is when I bought eth at 475 and sold at 1380.  Right after I sold I bought ltc at 230 thinking that it was gonna skyrocket after some of the money from the eth will flow back into the other coins. 

unfortunately now Bitcoin and Altcoins one way, when Bitcoin go up, then Altcoins up and Bitcoin down then Altcoins also come down drastically.

maybe you can be more patient to buy more Ethereum at $ 400, because market cryptocurrency nobody knows when it will go down.

I always see the starting point of rising Altcoins price to buy back.
ipbitrung01

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:14:25 AM

What I mean by straight HODL is that your hold through the crashes and the rises until you inevitably cash our and by trading I mean that you hold for a few months and then sell into fiat and wait for the expected dip/recession.
What i've noticed over the past years is that if I was less greedy and just cashed out after a reasonable profit and then held until the inevitable crashed, I would have made much more money than if i just held or bought another coin. 

An example of this is when I bought eth at 475 and sold at 1380.  Right after I sold I bought ltc at 230 thinking that it was gonna skyrocket after some of the money from the eth will flow back into the other coins.  The problem with that was that the entire market crashed and so if I were to just hold my fiat i would have been able to easily double my money. 

I believe that at this time hold will definitely not let you profit from trading that the risk is much larger, you can see that the price of bitcoin in the past few days is fluctuating strongly and now has fallen to the $ 7500 mark. The price of bitcoin drags down the price of altcoin, the market is bearish in the long run so I believe that at this time you should trade the day to be able to minimize the risk.
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:50:23 AM

when you are trading, you stay very active, and it brings you a lot of fun. Meanwhile, doing it,  you are risking a lot. When you are holding, you stay passive but here the risk is minimal as I think.
Davido1174

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:26:17 AM

No one cab accurately predict the market and its outcome. During market crashes, the best way in my own opinion is to HODL through thick and him as no one knows when the market is crashing and when its rising. Trading is good if you understand how it works but you can't accurately predict the market
kidamazo

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:05:57 PM

An example of this is when I bought eth at 475 and sold at 1380.  Right after I sold I bought ltc at 230 thinking that it was gonna skyrocket after some of the money from the eth will flow back into the other coins.  The problem with that was that the entire market crashed and so if I were to just hold my fiat i would have been able to easily double my money.  

For now today I am sick and tired about holding because it gave me nothing just takes, so I'm about to start trading or something else I don't know for now but I'm enough of holding. Already lost instead of earning.
weeks65

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:11:35 PM

I think the risk hold is very high at this point, you can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and very hard to guess, bitcoin prices are constantly adjusting and fluctuating very strong, so at the time I believe that you should only make short-term investment and trading day to be able to secure profit. The market is in the downtrend phase so the bitcoin price will probably drop sharply at any time.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:23:10 PM

In bullish season HODL is good. Otherwise trading makes you earn good amount of money even the prices falls.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 10:29:54 PM

It totally depends on your time dependability. If time allows you, you could be involved in day trading with some coins and HODL for long term gains unlike day trading as well.
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:21:02 AM

An example of this is when I bought eth at 475 and sold at 1380.  Right after I sold I bought ltc at 230 thinking that it was gonna skyrocket after some of the money from the eth will flow back into the other coins.  The problem with that was that the entire market crashed and so if I were to just hold my fiat i would have been able to easily double my money.  

For now today I am sick and tired about holding because it gave me nothing just takes, so I'm about to start trading or something else I don't know for now but I'm enough of holding. Already lost instead of earning.
You should not lose hear. It Is not the time for bitcoin to take a U turn and start its price increasing, in fact people are waiting for the bitcoin price to increase for a long long time . they think that bitcoin price is expected to increase too much in December 2018 and I think it will be much good for those people who bout bitcoin in a high price and still holding it.
@hosimanaka

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:30:07 AM

If we hold, we take too much time, can wait long and do not know when they can rise again. But if we do not wait and decide to sell early, the price of coins is very low
valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:28:05 PM

Always applying the same strategies is bad for efficiency. The same strategies are not always applied. Sometimes you need to go for a strategy change and that change increases this gain and efficiency. This situation saves you from entering the loss and the situation I'm talking about is viable for nowadays, the market is so unstable for right now, therefore I suggest you do hodl for now.

R.R.L.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: