Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:53:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Biz27B-6 on Bitfunder - 100% scam  (Read 4070 times)
DrGregMulhauser

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:10:48 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 08:26:08 PM by DrGregMulhauser

The latest story seems to be that this was never intended as a fund-raising exercise at all and was merely intended to provide bookkeeping functions for existing shareholders. But there's a broader and ongoing problem here which comes down to woolly thinking: assuming without argument that what applies to individual consumers should apply to any entities at all, including businesses.

I appreciate the mathematical beauty of trustless systems in general and the quasi-anonymity of Bitcoin in particular, but none of the respect for privacy for individual consumers that is baked into the DNA of Bitcoin has anything whatsoever to do with institutions such as businesses and this fundamental fact about them: without identity, there is ultimately no accountability.

While identity might not be sufficient to provide accountability, it is a necessary condition for accountability.

And maybe I've been asleep at the wheel, but I've never heard one -- not even one -- decent argument as to why an exchange or an investor should tolerate someone aiming to raise money from other people to run a business without coming clean about their own identity. We're not talking about charities aiding political dissidents suffering under oppressive regimes, after all, we're talking about people in business to make a profit. Sure, there are plenty of assertions which boil down to "well, if you don't know, then I'm not going to tell you", but that's just mixing a spoonful of laziness with a dollop of condescension and hoping people will swallow it down without engaging their brains.

The bottom line is that if you are an asset issuer asking other people to fund your business without coming clean about who you are, you are asking to remain unaccountable. And if you're an exchange willing to list such assets, you're signalling that you're OK with that.

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supermono

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:24:56 AM

In my case, I bought 1 share during the brief time when it was visible to the public and have since held on to it mainly out of curiosity. But now I'm trying to do something with each of the assets I own on Bitfunder (either sell or migrate), so I'm hoping that the issuer will make some sort of announcement soon as to the future of the asset. Otherwise I will probably end up selling soon just so I can take 'deal with this asset' off my things-to-do-list.
SamPryce

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 07:53:25 PM

What are the plans?
We will be going to direct shares managed by ourselves, at least until we can find another marketplace to list at that won't be as vulnerable to government threats.

What do shareholders need to do?
For now, please make sure your BitFunder public address is a valid bitcoin address that you control. We know there are a few shareholders who have non-bitcoin addresses there. The one with a postal address has already been contacted through other means. We understand that this means we will need to handle exchanges ourselves, and we need to develop a means to securely and privately issue buy and sell orders. We're working on that.

Dividends, when we have them, will be distributed to the public bitcoin addresses we get from the BitFunder site. Emails may be encrypted and sent to sampryce2@hotmail.com : the GPG key to use is
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
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=ra9g
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

The latest story seems to be that this was never intended as a fund-raising exercise at all and was merely intended to provide bookkeeping functions for existing shareholders.
We did actively raise funds, but in person. Most shares have been sold directly and the transfer functionality used. I'd bet Ukyo can verify that.

Most of the investors are personally known to me and they know what the business is and does. I'd bet Ukyo can tell you how many of these investors were brought to the website by me, and how many only own shares of Biz27B-6. Doing a quick check of the asset listing page, of the 45 investors in Biz27B-6 only 14 hold shares in other assets; which means about 70% of the investors only hold our asset. That 70% can be assumed to know what the business is, else they wouldn't hold just that.

The reason we keep our identity unexposed on these very public sites should be obvious. Our biggest threat is the government and those who would impose arbitrary regulation. The majority of our shareholders are quite aware of who we are and how to contact us. A few shareholders have already contacted us and we have already discussed our plans with them.

We've added this info as a news item on BitFunder so those who don't frequent this forum will also have it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: