Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:36:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any ASIC worth for Investment?  (Read 3950 times)
eZc (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:59:28 PM

avalon 60Ghash for 6BTC = $900 = £570

Questionable, had you gotten them from the Tradehill auction on the other hand they would be profitable. Captain hindsight has been taunting me the last few days about that, 2.21 btc/unit with free shipping like wtf Sad

OK 2.21 BTC inc shipping and instant (delivered within 5 days) I pay for 60GH.... This would be profitable
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
petersiddle98

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:07:16 PM

None of them. Buy and hold bitcoins

Missed the boat, looks like its too expensive to buy right now..

Zaghomat

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:51:39 PM

Yes it seems to be the best option atm. The only way to make profit atm with mining is to get a good BTC/GH miner instant on ebay or so ant then instantaneously sell all hash power on cex.io. However it could be risky since affaik you are obligated to offer this hashrate forever. However its likely that you can buyback the hashpower almost free in a few months. So you have the profit of the beginning margin - the elec costs - buyback costs = which is most likely profitable...

Else I didn't find anything which seems to be profitable. Please inform me when you find a way, since I really wanna make profit with mining :-)

I don't think you can sell your own hashpower on cex.io yet..
eZc (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:14:16 PM

Yes it seems to be the best option atm. The only way to make profit atm with mining is to get a good BTC/GH miner instant on ebay or so ant then instantaneously sell all hash power on cex.io. However it could be risky since affaik you are obligated to offer this hashrate forever. However its likely that you can buyback the hashpower almost free in a few months. So you have the profit of the beginning margin - the elec costs - buyback costs = which is most likely profitable...

Else I didn't find anything which seems to be profitable. Please inform me when you find a way, since I really wanna make profit with mining :-)

I'm also very confused with cex.io especially concerning the duration as well as the penalties of a failure to supply the promised hash rate. However I thought it would be possible that you can sell. When not then I really don't see any way to make profit with mining.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:46:54 PM

of course you can. theres a sell option right beside the buy option lol

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
eZc (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:47:06 PM

of course you can. theres a sell option right beside the buy option lol

Can you explain how it works with selling on cex.io?
Cuz I don't get it. So theoretically I could make acc sell all my hashpower, withdraw all funds - stop hashing. create new account sell again etc..... Making huge profits.
How does cex.io prohibit this behavior?? (To be exact: What do you have to do in order to sell and what are the penaltyes if you fail to deliver the sold hash rate?)
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 07:52:40 PM

Your mining is just part of the pool 0% pool fee nothing to do with GH/s buy sell stuff.

Pointing 60GH/s at ghash.io pool will not put any GH/s in your account at cex.io. Pool payouts WILL go into your account as BTC.

the Sell GH/s is really Re-sell. can only sell what you bought on cex.io.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
eZc (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:12:30 PM

Your mining is just part of the pool 0% pool fee nothing to do with GH/s buy sell stuff.

Pointing 60GH/s at ghash.io pool will not put any GH/s in your account at cex.io. Pool payouts WILL go into your account as BTC.

the Sell GH/s is really Re-sell. can only sell what you bought on cex.io.

So this means only uber retards are gonna do this at this price. A sure loss!!!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: