Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:08:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My comments on trying to sell the r/Bitcoin subreddit:  (Read 7822 times)
TYDIRocks

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 11:14:33 PM

takes a man to own up and apologize, though i didnt see too much wrong with you selling you moderators position. if you sold it to a shill someone would just make a different subreddit.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-12-09-blagojevich-arrest_N.htm

I suppose this was ok too? Tongue

Import new address/private keys with ease: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101161

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 11:18:20 PM

Well Atlas, where i come from people sell facebook fan pages and alikes like hot cakes and i don't see anything wrong with that.
People must be rewarded, if not for more, at least for the time dedicated to it.
I guess some people prefer those guys who try to trademark Bitcoin, never contributing a single bit to it Wink

To all the nay sayers: The man worked for it. Must he starve, instead of trying to capitalize on his time?
Or must he mug an old lady?  Roll Eyes

Mugging and starving are the choices presented in a monetary system.
...or you could work for a living, like most normal people.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 11:46:05 PM

you equating this with selling of a senate seat?

LOL damn man. Sorry if I dont see "moderator" as that big of a deal.

99.9999% of their job is leaving the subreddit alone.

the other .0001% is deleting spam and crap that shouldnt be there.

I guess I can see why some of yall are annoyed, I just dont see much of a big deal.

And I'm about as ideologically opposite to atlas as you can get.(just saying I'm not defending him due to his politics).

Personally I Think it is kinda shitty for some people to not recognize a real apology. He quit his job as moderator. It's not like he had to. We couldnt force him out. WE could have made a different subreddit but it sure didnt look like were about to.

I dont think he did anything wrong and I respect his apology. as for blagojevich he denied wrong doing to the end.

mooo for rent
Anonymous

July 22, 2011, 04:32:10 AM

99.9999% of their job is leaving the subreddit alone.

I was great at the job if thats the case.  Cheesy
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2011, 05:23:28 PM

Well Atlas, where i come from people sell facebook fan pages and alikes like hot cakes and i don't see anything wrong with that.
People must be rewarded, if not for more, at least for the time dedicated to it.
I guess some people prefer those guys who try to trademark Bitcoin, never contributing a single bit to it Wink

To all the nay sayers: The man worked for it. Must he starve, instead of trying to capitalize on his time?

Prove it.

...or you could work for a living, like most normal people.

More information here.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 06:56:38 PM

More information here.

Ok, so you can't provide any support for this statement?

Dobrodav

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:07:45 PM

No need in  explanations, Atlas. You just dead as espected. Well, at least you recognise when you are wrong, at least on public. It is more than you can await from fanatic. So respect.

LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 03:14:12 AM

More information here.

A monetary system perpetuates structural violence, which is more far reaching and more devastating than physical violence. This discussion is outside of the thread topic, however.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
BitterTea

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 01:50:12 PM

More information here.

A monetary system perpetuates structural violence, which is more far reaching and more devastating than physical violence. This discussion is outside of the thread topic, however.

Anyone can make assertions, but nothing you've said backs this up. If you're talking about fiat money, sure, states are violent. Feel free to make another thread to prove money causes violence and link it here. Thanks.
coingenuity

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 07:44:41 PM

The irony of a decentralized currency forum complaining about the ethos of free-market capitalism astounds me.

That being said, who cares whether or not he sells it? Selling the subreddit would probably improve the quality of the service by infusing it with capital and staff.

BitterTea

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 10:22:43 PM

The irony of a decentralized currency forum complaining about the ethos of free-market capitalism astounds me.

Then you don't understand the meaning of free market. The complaining is their avenue of recourse. Notice they are not threatening him with violence explicitly or through the law.
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2011, 11:28:25 PM

More information here.

Anyone can make assertions, but nothing you've said backs this up. If you're talking about fiat money, sure, states are violent. Feel free to make another thread to prove money causes violence and link it here. Thanks.

I have already directed you to the appropriate thread.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: