Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:47:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [?] NEW LOW POWER COIN [POINTS] aka [PTS]  (Read 3023 times)
hawas

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:34:23 PM

In my opinion you are mistaken in believing that no coin is profitable. No coin is profitable *now*, meaning mining cost vs *current* price, but that is just, after all, a mine & dump thinking.
The way I see it, is that most alts now are great for mining/buying as they are very undervalued (even in relation to power cost), and they are also under the radar of hopping miners. You need to identify the coins with potential and stake them, mining and buying.
When XPM went down to around 0.002, some miners just decided that it is not worth it anymore and shut down their rigs. Others who believed in the value of the coin (like me) kept mining even at loss. 3 weeks later XPM shot to 0.007 and those who mined and staked in the bad days made some nice profits, while the others watched Smiley.

The whole point is not to mine the coin that is profitable now (that's an illusion, all coins level up on the long run), but to mine the coin that will be profitable in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
halibit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:42:41 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 11:37:05 PM by halibit

In my opinion you are mistaken in believing that no coin is profitable. No coin is profitable *now*, meaning mining cost vs *current* price, but that is just, after all, a mine & dump thinking.
The way I see it, is that most alts now are great for mining/buying as they are very undervalued (even in relation to power cost), and they are also under the radar of hopping miners. You need to identify the coins with potential and stake them, mining and buying.
When XPM went down to around 0.002, some miners just decided that it is not worth it anymore and shut down their rigs. Others who believed in the value of the coin (like me) kept mining even at loss. 3 weeks later XPM shot to 0.007 and those who mined and staked in the bad days made some nice profits, while the others watched Smiley.

The whole point is not to mine the coin that is profitable now (that's an illusion, all coins level up on the long run), but to mine the coin that will be profitable in the future.
Great answer. Agree that. I don't give up, but take a break because
I'm just not sure what gpu altcoin may have be good future...  
exnom

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:46:51 AM

Great answer. Agree that. I don't give up, but take a break because
I'm just not sure what gpu altcoin may have be good future...  

Its sure as hell not CryptoDollars thats for sure..

Want to trade Altcoins? Come give https://cryptsy.com a try.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: