Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 10:01:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GOOGLE AND FB BAN ON ADVERTISMENTS  (Read 309 times)
hiveqb3

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:29:25 PM

Welp - Twitter ban now official https://www.coindesk.com/twitter-will-ban-crypto-ads-starting-tomorrow/
cryptoZcoin

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:36:24 PM

"I found this token from clicking an ad", said nobody ever
I don't think this type of news should affect the prices at all but it always seem to drop the market. Ads for ICOs was a bad idea in the first place and most likely scammy. In the long run this should be a good step, most good tokens grow organically through word of mouth, not pushing clickbate advertisements.
hiveqb3

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:08:40 AM

"I found this token from clicking an ad", said nobody ever
I don't think this type of news should affect the prices at all but it always seem to drop the market. Ads for ICOs was a bad idea in the first place and most likely scammy. In the long run this should be a good step, most good tokens grow organically through word of mouth, not pushing clickbate advertisements.

Except that most of the time, when these companies announce these bans, they way too vague in terms of scope and enforcement. I think most people can agree that ads for ICO are scammy - but what about to promote a blockchain project? Ads for events related to crypto, even educational ones? Do they count as "Currency exchange, trading, and related services"? There is a huge difference between safeguarding users against scams and suppressing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in general, and its super difficult for outsiders to predict what the ultimate motivation is. Even harder to predict unintended consequences. Twitter, at least, is also banning ads for exchanges and wallets except for public companies listed on major stock markets - which raises it's own set of issues.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:12:35 AM

Google and FB will not influence crypto community, Even US and CHIna can't ban cryptocurrency, Who can ban that is not be able to ban. Crypto is privacy who can ban privacy. Google and fb are nothing to the growth of crypto and ICO communities. This community is growing. People are bored with hegemony of banking, fb and google industry. they seek alternatives. crypto is the alternative
Coolfackoff

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:29:42 PM

Unfortunately you can’t stop the main source of public FUD, which is the news outlets, that really affect the general public’s discourse of crypto.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:27:09 AM

in my view this is good for the Crypto-currency world. Most scam projects coming by advertisements , so the people caught . after the ban definitely the users willing to go Ranked websites. As an example if you want to invest ICO , definitely now you check with a Ranked websites like ICO bench , ICO drops etc.

NOw filtered the scams, anyway this is good action. this ban means they indirectly supporting the Crypto currency future
Google and FB will not influence crypto community, Even US and CHIna can't ban cryptocurrency, Who can ban that is not be able to ban. Crypto is privacy who can ban privacy. Google and fb are nothing to the growth of crypto and ICO communities. This community is growing. People are bored with hegemony of banking, fb and google industry. they seek alternatives. crypto is the alternative
this was also may means of nothing to be cause they just ban it for a reason that are been make to be more critical we have to be more good for everything and even though that it may means of that they ban this for then people may also do and make a way of.
If it is true, it have an big effect in the market and in the cryptocurrency world bwcause giod and the facebook have a great role to spread the bitcoin all ovet the world. It is one of the easiest way to become known the cryptocurrency in yhe world so i am sure that if it's true it will a big loss to us. Maybe they can filter only the legit anf scam one
amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:33:15 AM

Everyday we hear about new ICO projects and but from the all ICOs, there are some ICOs are scam.
And we see, Facebook and Google has very important role to spread crypto currencies and ICO news all over the world. So most of the people without any inquiry invest in these ICO and they are scammed by the company.
Due to thinking of peoples safety, so Google and Facebook ban crypto advertisements. By this step only best and genuine ICOs will be left in crypto market.
I think this step gave bad effect in market, but only for short term. But in long term you will see, this was the best step to protect peoples.
So don't panic on that step, just wait.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:40:31 AM

Everyday we hear about new ICO projects and but from the all ICOs, there are some ICOs are scam.
And we see, Facebook and Google has very important role to spread crypto currencies and ICO news all over the world. So most of the people without any inquiry invest in these ICO and they are scammed by the company.
Due to thinking of peoples safety, so Google and Facebook ban crypto advertisements. By this step only best and genuine ICOs will be left in crypto market.
I think this step gave bad effect in market, but only for short term. But in long term you will see, this was the best step to protect peoples.
So don't panic on that step, just wait.
I don't agree your point it is one kind of USA regulation. Peoples are not a mad they know how to choose the right platform but some beginners also ask some queries in before to invest in ICO. You should think Google, Facebook and Twitter these three companies are depends on US government so USA is against in cryptocurrency.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
virtualhero

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:14:27 AM

in my view this is good for the Crypto-currency world. Most scam projects coming by advertisements , so the people caught . after the ban definitely the users willing to go Ranked websites. As an example if you want to invest ICO , definitely now you check with a Ranked websites like ICO bench , ICO drops etc.

NOw filtered the scams, anyway this is good action. this ban means they indirectly supporting the Crypto currency future
I agree with that, banning ICO is not against cryptocurrency, in fact there are positive result that will happen after banning ICO advertisement since 81% of ICO are scam base on the study. This step will help new investors to carefully choose a good and a legit ICO that they want to invest.
MozAI2

Activity: 183

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:33:44 AM

Marketing automation platform Mailchimp will reportedly shut down all accounts related to cryptocurrencies, including initial coin offerings (ICOs), exchanges, news, books, events, and announcements

https://cointelegraph.com/news/breaking-mailchimp-reportedly-shuts-down-accounts-related-to-crypto-prices-drop
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:39:41 AM

Yes, there are advantage and disadvantages but we still need these network giant for the development of cryptocurrency in general, of course, there is ICO rating site, but these two network giants have a far-reaching effect on web surfer, hopefully in the future things will change.
magnum357

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:44:14 AM

I think should not banned cryptocurrency on google or facebook because it easy to make advertisment to our investors but need to secure to avoid people make scam.
Coingram

Activity: 295

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:51:01 AM

Yes thats sad, but otherwise it will help a lot of people not to get in bad campaigns, which need only money from the people around, there is no actually any idea - just scam
percopolis

Activity: 186

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:13:54 AM

I believe that this is partly correct, because scammers use the situation and promote their projects in order to receive money from people who seek to make money on investments
juditPolgar

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:34:40 AM

You need to look deeper, read the whitepaper and the goal coin is made, see how to map the coins to your criteria, usually, a successful team is easier to make the project work because they already know how to approach the investor. If it works before all then there is hope this time it will also work. So do not hesitate to choose ICO.

wwildflower18

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:37:55 AM

I agree with Google and Facebook. If there is no further prohibition, the ICO ads in social media will be flooded, and ultimately the community will be harmed.
ResuLT

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:39:56 AM

That's an old news, isn't it?
I think... Yes, they made a good decision so that we can minimalize the risks if some of the projects was a scam project by banning their ads.
kcgk

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:51:52 AM

I think Google and facebook's approach is very reasonable. Excessive advertising may cause some blind investors to be deceived by some scams and cause great losses. Prohibiting advertisements can give more attention to some outstanding ICO projects.
Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:55:30 AM

I always thought it was bad news.
Because it would allow fewer and fewer new entrants into the cryptocurrency market, the market would be underfunded.

OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:57:12 AM

I don't really give a shit about this banning Smiley. Seem like there are no ICO project can advertise on Facebook or Google again so I think the only way for ICO project to promote their project on Facebook or google is social bounty campaign. LOL. Maybe social bounty pariticpant will get more token than before.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: