Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:26:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coinplorer: most advanced profit simulator, multi currency explorer & more  (Read 5490 times)
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:03:23 AM

Great website.

As far as FRC goes--

* To remove the foundation coins from the number of coins issued per block, subtract 496.03174604. There will be no more foundation coin issued after block 161280.

* There's some problem with the FRC price data. On some of the graphs you have FRC is $20,00,000 per coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazydownloaded (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

Crazy!

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:13:21 AM

* To remove the foundation coins from the number of coins issued per block, subtract 496.03174604. There will be no more foundation coin issued after block 161280.
This is not "currency independent" + the number of coins going to the foundation is supposed to evolved isn't?
Beside this, I've always seen those "foundation coins" as a form of premined coins...

* There's some problem with the FRC price data. On some of the graphs you have FRC is $20,00,000 per coin.
Thanks for the bug report! It seems like Vircurex returns bullshit for the low price sometimes... I manually fixed it for the latest FRC-USD rates + added a new filter to prevent this in the future, but I'll add to "reprocess" the past to definitively get rid of the wrong points. I'll probably do this tomorrow or the day after.

Est. February 2012
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:34:32 AM

This is not "currency independent" + the number of coins going to the foundation is supposed to evolved isn't?
Beside this, I've always seen those "foundation coins" as a form of premined coins...

The foundation is awarded 496.03174604 coins per block. You asked "in general" how to remove the foundation coins from your calculations. This is how you do it.  The distribution to the foundation ends at block 161280. Up until block 161280, the reward to the miner is not constant.

Rather than defend against your "premined" comment I will let this website speak for the foundation.

Thanks for the bug report! It seems like Vircurex returns bullshit for the low price sometimes... I manually fixed it for the latest FRC-USD rates + added a new filter to prevent this in the future, but I'll add to "reprocess" the past to definitively get rid of the wrong points. I'll probably do this tomorrow or the day after.

Thanks for looking into this bug.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:36:17 PM

nice work!
azwccc

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:49:58 PM

Have to say your signature is really annoying, too shining.

Bitrated user: azwccc.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:39:27 PM

sry for ot: how can i get my sig to become MORE shining ?
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:34:32 PM

Totally agree Smiley But well it takes what it takes Cheesy I would only change this if required by forum rules.

Est. February 2012
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:38:59 PM

The foundation is awarded 496.03174604 coins per block. You asked "in general" how to remove the foundation coins from your calculations. This is how you do it.  The distribution to the foundation ends at block 161280. Up until block 161280, the reward to the miner is not constant.
Rather than defend against your "premined" comment I will let this website speak for the foundation.
This is getting interresting, but totally off topic. Premined coins that goes to a foundation are still premined coins. And the foundation is a total joke (see http://foundation.herokuapp.com/#/donations: 3 organizations including themselves!). And as I understand, you donate to them and the foundation add "+10%" to the amounts you donate (seriously? you donate with the 20% you receive for mining, they receive 80% and they only add a shameful 10%?!) "The Freicoin Foundation will add an extra 10% to the freicoins you donate to the non-profit you've chosen.". But again, totally off topic.

Thanks for looking into this bug.
I corrected the bug Smiley

Est. February 2012
xeroc

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 01:51:55 PM

the only thing really missing is an api ..
most important api call would be to get the balance of an address (for different alt-coins) ... no other side can do this yet!
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:34:21 AM

the only thing really missing is an api ..
most important api call would be to get the balance of an address (for different alt-coins) ... no other side can do this yet!

I'd like to have a "private API", where I can choose which service could have access to it.
Having it open would incur only bad things:
- Potentially less visitors
- More load
- No more revenues

If you have an idea of service backed by my API, let me know!

Est. February 2012
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:54:23 PM

I added:
- Megacoin (MEC) support -- currently importing
- Manual input for difficulty estimations in the simulator with copy/paste support and a sample spreasheet

Est. February 2012
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:05:19 PM

I love Coinplorer!

One of the best devs I have worked with, fast and efficient!

Obviously capable to see this site reach top ranks. It's my favourite blockchain explorer and it's only young, I look forward to seeing this go places  Grin

Alienwalkerx
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 06:21:46 PM

Love the site man! Good work, ty for adding FRK!

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:35:27 PM

Hi guys!
The website is online for quite a while now, but wasn't really stable. It's now ready for its grand opening! I'm very excited to share it with you, there is a LOT of features that aren't available ANYWHERE else.
Base URL: http://coinplorer.com

Main features:

- Most advanced profit simulator so far. You can add YOUR hardware to the list and have ROI for each of them. Different difficulty extrapolation algorithms are supported (linear, flat, exponential or manual input, feel free to propose more). You can simulate profits in BTC of course, but also in all other currencies we support. You can save and share the simulations even if you don't have an account (but it's better if you have one Smiley -- 3 auth methods to retrieve your saved simulations: url key, cookie key (go to hardware > create or retrieve a simulation to get the list of your previously saved simulations) and account.

- Multi currency block explorer; importation progresses can be found on http://coinplorer.com/Console/Status2 (I heavily rely on the official daemons of each currency to import the blockchains and I can guarantee you some of them are a real pain in the *** and none of them is really fast or stable! => for example, the worst are BTCT (VERY slow, crashes a lot, I guess because people are doing experiments on it), XPM (sooooooo slow!), FRC and ANC (crashes all the time)):
Anoncoin ANC
BBQCoin BQC
BitBar BTB
Bitcoin BTC
Bitcoin Testnet BTCT
Bytecoin BTE
CHNCoin CNC
CryptogenicBullion CGB
DigitalCoin DGC
FeatherCoin FTC
Franko FRK
Freicoin FRC
JunkCoin JKC
Litecoin LTC
Megacoin MEC
Mincoin MNC
NovaCoin NVC
Phenixcoin PXC
Primecoin XPM
Terracoin TRC
Worldcoin WDC
YACoin YAC
NMC, PPC, DVC, IXC not supported because of their clients (see http://coinplorer.com/Pages/FAQ).
Some currencies have better support than others as I rely on their clients (some doesn't even tell the vout addresses or even the vin txid! If those currencies ever get their clients corrected the importations will automatically be corrected).
NB: If the status page fails to load some currencies or is very slow to load some currency, it means their client is faulty (they are ALL hosted on the same server, running the exact same way, and the server is far from being overloaded).
The BTC client is probably the more reliable, even if I'm running 12 (!) clients simultaneously to make it able to import all transactions of blocks within an acceptable timeframe.

- Multi currency exchange rates charts here: you can basically graph any currency in any other (from the simplest, aka BTC in USD, to the most complicated, for example CGB in AUD or even petroleum price in BTC -- exotic graph loading might take a few seconds (because of cache warm up), just wait ^^). I had no success displaying this on the charts, but everywhere an exchange rate is displayed, placing your mouse over will show you how it's computed after a few ms of wait.

- Difficulty charts and predictions, with a very nice look (you can feel it much better on a chart than with just numbers)

- Mining hardware comparison, a classic (I needed a list for the profit simulator)

- Currencies profit comparison, a classic too (given the base I had, it was "free" to do). I wasn't able to properly distinguish "miners rewards" from "foundation donations" on FRC, leading to a wrong calculation for FRC (divide the profitability of it by ~3 currently). If anyone have an idea on how to distinguish rewards from donations GENERALLY SPEAKING (I don't want any currency specific code), just let me know!

- Discussions which are a mix between a forum and a chat (each topic can be seen as a channel). This is very basic for the moment, but will improve over time.

Coming soon: maybe a donation widget and/or an exchange rate widget.
Coming a little bit later: portfolio manager (input your addresses and it will tell you how much you own in any currency), mining rig manager (watch your speed, change the settings of your workers, alerts, etc.), API.

How it works:
- Full blockchains are imported into a MongoDB datastore, with very little changes from the clients outputs (only normalizations of the outputs + denormalization of some parts of the data to speed up some queries)
- There is a "watchdog" that reboot the currencies server when some of the clients are down or irresponsive (because stopping the clients via RPC just doesn't work most of the time when clients stop responding... I found a reboot to be easier than killing the faulty clients)
- The importer always look for inconsistencies in the imported things with a full check every week (friday nights).
- Exchange rates are retrieved from the major exchanges (Mtgox, Bistamp, BTC-E, BTER, Cryptsy, The Rock Trading, Vircurex, Coinchoose, Bitcoincharts, European central bank and OpenExchangerates (the latter 2 to have fiat currencies exchange rates) and combined together (an exchange rate object is currently more than 8 500 combinations of currencies!)

Interrested in the project?
Participate on the discussions threads Smiley I'm always looking for moderators, admins, etc.!

I gladly welcome any bug report or feature request.

Disclaimer:
Do NOT rely on the provided data, it can always have a bug somewhere! I'm very dependent from outputs of the clients and how MongoDB want to works (sometimes it's very lazy!).
Despite more stable now, it's still in an early beta stage.

great site

thankyou

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:11:04 PM

Thanks guys!
I've also added a "mining profitability" chart yesterday, see http://coinplorer.com/Charts/PriceDifficulty?fromCurrency=BTC&toCurrency=USD
The formula is MiningProfit(Date) = ExchangeRate(Date,BTC-USD) * AvgDifficulty(Date,USD) / AvgDifficulty(Date,BTC)
It also shows the potential correlation between difficulty and price (at constant hardware) or, if you compare 2 crypto currencies, if it's better or not to mine one to get the other (example: LTC/BTC => if line goes up, it gets better to mine LTC to change them into BTC).
The chart is full of information, but pretty hard to interpret.

Est. February 2012
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: