Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:25:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What different between Staking and Masternode  (Read 169 times)
lehang (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:49:50 AM

Can someone tell me the different between Staking and Masternode? I see all of them are the form of paying interest every day or month, but I don't understand clearly how different their intrinsic nature

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LexLuther

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:23:01 AM

I am interested in this as well.  It seems like the barrier to entry with staking is much smaller than with a MN.  The other thing I have gathered is that staking lends towards more decentralization vs MN's because of the high amounts required tend towards more centralized holdings.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Bounty]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
lehang (OP)

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:25:51 AM

I am interested in this as well.  It seems like the barrier to entry with staking is much smaller than with a MN.  The other thing I have gathered is that staking lends towards more decentralization vs MN's because of the high amounts required tend towards more centralized holdings.

Thanks for your comment. You mean that the coins must have to participate Staking is less than Masternode. Is that right?
staking.com

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:31:27 AM

Well, the most obvious one is the price. Its more expensive to become a Masternode but also the passive income is bigger. Other differences depend on the token itself. Most of the time there's a lot of information regarding the rewards and conditions in the whitepaper or the Website/Telegram/Discord of the Coin/Token. Another difference is the thing that for most Masternodes you need to be only 24/7 or at least 98-99% of the time or you will no longer receive rewards and will have to do some steps to reestablish your Masternode. So in that light, its more committing to be a Mastenode than to be just a staker. Another benefit of being a Masternode is that in most cases you can cast votes and make decisions regarding the future of the coin/token.
Hope this helps ! If you have any other questions feel free to ask !
katelynsk

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:35:26 PM

Both of them are ways of passive income in cryptocurrencies. Both need to lock some number of tokens on their wallets.

Masternodes verify all transactions in the blockchain, store the whole version of it locally and sometimes perform some additional duties.

Simple nodes means that you verify only some transactions. You don't keep the whole blockchain version on your computer, just some part of it temporarily.

Staking means that you just freeze some amount of tokens on your account wallet for a certain period and get a revenue for that. As a rule, you need to keep your wallet open and computer running when you are staking to gain reward.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:52:20 AM

I found this article on master node vs staking--they touch on some profitable nodes and stakes too:

http://bit.ly/2rX5bWp

Hope this helps!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: