Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:44:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No problems withdrawing EUR or BTC from MtGox, so why do ppl say so?  (Read 1387 times)
Oblodo (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:27:15 PM

In the last days I have had no problems withdrawing EUR or BTC form MtGox. Why do so many say its a problem? I guess its US customers only, as I am in Scandinavia. Took s few days before my money was in my bank. I am happy.. ( did not sell a lot, just 50 BTC, as a test)

So I am a bit flabbergasted about the bad talk about MtGox, as I have never had any problems.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:45:58 PM

first withdraw goes fast, after that only once each 20 days
felente

Activity: 147

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:51:39 PM

hm. good for you.

i'm not an us-customer, not even american customer, not even european one...
but waiting for my USD withdrawal (2 btc equivalent) for over 6 weeks now.

edit:

6+ weeks != 20 days (as far as i have hardly calculated).
"2-3 weeks backlog" are stating THEY when asked what's up there.
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:58:52 PM

In the last days I have had no problems withdrawing EUR or BTC form MtGox. Why do so many say its a problem? I guess its US customers only, as I am in Scandinavia. Took s few days before my money was in my bank. I am happy.. ( did not sell a lot, just 50 BTC, as a test)

So I am a bit flabbergasted about the bad talk about MtGox, as I have never had any problems.

I guess you didn't withdraw that many EUR. The above-threshold SEPA transfer queue is at around 5 weeks. I have a "confirmed" transaction in the queue from Sep 18. It should be processed next week, if I'm lucky.

Small transfers might go through almost immediately, if they need them to fill the quota.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:15:50 PM

QUESTION: can you use MtGox USD redeem codes in Bitstamp?

I am waiting for transfer to an European bank for 2 weeks now and thinking to cancel.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 07:28:36 PM

50BTC is a lot...

At least for me and mtgox...
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:38:19 PM

Yesterday I sent a good size larger than your 50btc to my wallet and it has yet to arrive. Apparently they were out of sync with the blockchain according to an IRC chat with Mark. Not sure why my tests of 0.1btc went through just fine though all to the same address as the bigger withdrawal.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:48:56 PM

Yesterday I sent a good size larger than your 50btc to my wallet and it has yet to arrive. Apparently they were out of sync with the blockchain according to an IRC chat with Mark. Not sure why my tests of 0.1btc went through just fine though all to the same address as the bigger withdrawal.

Larger ones require manual approval.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Xer0

°^°

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:50:47 PM

edit:

6+ weeks != 20 days (as far as i have hardly calculated).
"2-3 weeks backlog" are stating THEY when asked what's up there.

you can fill a withdraw once in 20 days, i should say
but the time it takes to arrive varries from case to case

the only fast transfers i heard of so far are those first ones per account
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:53:49 PM

That could be the issue right there... hmmmmmm... never encountered these delays so I never knew that.
zeroblock

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:23:50 PM

That could be the issue right there... hmmmmmm... never encountered these delays so I never knew that.

Blatant capital controls.  Gox is illiquid.  Manual approval never ever occurred before.   
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:17:52 PM

Yen withdrawals of similar size are also working fine, as of a few weeks ago.
MAbtc

Merit: 508

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:08:17 PM

The Gox withdrawal delay mega-thread seems to indicate that EUR withdrawals take 2-6 weeks. So I'd beg to differ regarding your assertion that there are "no problems."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: