Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:39:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Trading  (Read 977 times)
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:57:48 PM

What are the driving factors for crytpocurrency valuation?

Scarcity? Utility? Use? Demand? Network? or am I off base already?

Almost all of the things that you said provide valuation to any type of cryptocurrency. But, in a sense, I think, the main thing that drive the valuation of any type of market is the politics within it. Yes, people in this type of market doesn't even care whether the coin's supply is scarce or if it has real-life use. The rich people enter this market and they will provide the value of something as long as it will provide them profit in the end. Their main goal is not about the real value of it but the income that they could gain from it. They can over-value a coin thinking that at the end, they can make huge money out of it and then they will dump it to those smaller people who will give them the money that they want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
millenniumcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:15:06 PM

I think you are not off base,but you are on track. Basically, Scarcity refers to the finite nature of the coins. In economics, a fixed supply of a certain item would increase its value in the long term, assuming its demand increases. This creates scarcity, as there is only a limited supply of coins in circulation. For instance, Bitcoin’s maximum supply is fixed at 21 million coins. Especially for coins that have a great utility, demand will undeniably push its value up.
Some coins even employ a “burning” mechanism, which refers to the act of destroying a portion of the coin supply. This would increase the value of the coin as there is now a much lesser supply of coins.

Utility, A coin must have a strong function (or use-case) to incentivize people to hold the coins; a coin’s utility is strongly correlated with its value.  ETH for example,In order for anyone to execute commands and develop applications in the Ethereum Blockchain one needs to have ETH, as it will be converted into gas and represents the ‘fuel’ for the Ethereum ecosystem. Therefore, ETH is used as a currency within its system to fuel transactions and development. The more people that execute transactions and develop apps, the greater the demand for ETH and will, therefore, push prices up.
I think that other factors like advertisement, politics, influence by notable people in the society etc ,may also help to push the prices of some coin up.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:28:53 PM

Everything you said can really affect the valuation of cryptocurrency, this is how volatile the market is. Its not too late, the market are quiet dump in the pasts weeks meaning you can have your cryptocurrency at a lower price. Try to make a study for at least 5 coins and start investing.
thelemot

Activity: 241
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:20:35 PM

the factor that affects the price of the coin is if the demand for coins and the total supply of slightly automatic coins the price will be high, let alone the coin has a good network advantages
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 11:04:29 PM

cryptocurrency valuation is usually based on demand and supply just like any other market commodity.But on the average it has to do more with price speculation rather than on an intrinsic value within the cryptocurrency and that usually drives the price too more because people anticipate a future price and so buy more now.It is however important to note that some currencies have utility and so their prices are also dependent on that.

petorosconk

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:38:07 AM

the factor that determines the value of crypto is the amount of demand and the decrease in demand, when many people make a continuous purchase then the value of coin will rise and vice versa if many people do panic sales then the value of the coins will go down
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:33:38 AM

It's about supply and demand. The more people who wants to buy it, the higher its price will be but when people refuse to buy it because they think it is overvalued at the moment then they would sell it. Due to the limited supply of a coin and the high demand for it, price would increase but if people do not want to use it then price decrease.

It is a combination of several factors but what factor that greatly affect the price nowadays is the news. The whales control the media so if they want to drive the value up, they would just release several good news and if they want to drive the value down they would release some bad news FUD after FUD and it would have a big effect because people will react regardless if it is just a rumor or an actual news.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:10:02 AM

Accessibility is one of the factor that almost outweigh all that on your list why you ask? Of course im predicting what might your possible response are it is either yiu can contact all of the members on the team also the CEO are participating upon the activities on all their campaigns then the support comes after that like if you have issues on your side they can help you with ease you must not overlook what im talking cause each of which is essential to identify what's good and bad for most traders.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:24:29 AM

the factor that determines the value of crypto is the amount of demand and the decrease in demand, when many people make a continuous purchase then the value of coin will rise and vice versa if many people do panic sales then the value of the coins will go down

It can be possible but I think the price are now more depend on news specially with FUD news.
Investors are taking care right now because of so many happenings in cryptoworld in the past months but I still believe they will come when the market is in the stable support now.
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:54:30 AM

The first valuation before ICO is driven by Developer team valuation, how useful to people for creating demand, in which business sector, how big is the market, etc. If after ICO, valuation is driven by supply and demand. But this supply and demand significantly determined by the successful of developer to convince all stakeholder for the utility acceptance in the market area.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:44:03 AM

All cryptocurrency price is base in supply and demands the more demands of this coins the higher the value of this and the more people selling there coins the more also lower there price.
Supply and demand are the two major factors in the world of crypto coins that determine the value of a specific digital currency with time. For instance, bitcoin is available in a very scarce amount but its demand is at high levels. But there is more to story than that. It is also the actions of big investors that effect the price greatly. Whenever a big selling out or buying is done, the value decreases and increases a lot respectively.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 07:03:51 AM

Well, all the options which you have personally linked it like Demand, Utility, Network Scarcity, Use are useful for driving the valuation of the cryptocurrency, but the major one which is solely responsible for the ups and downs of the bitcoin is Demand and Supply. Then come the Utility and Network where it is being used on a high scale basis where the demand and supply is been generated. Apart from all these nowadays the news and major announcements are also affecting the bitcoin and other crypto coins.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:21:53 AM

It can be possible but I think the price are now more depend on news specially with FUD news.
Investors are taking care right now because of so many happenings in cryptoworld in the past months but I still believe they will come when the market is in the stable support now.
Many people try to drop the bitcoin price to buy the cheapest price. this is fair because the bitcoin price increase is unreasonable and this is very dangerous for the latest community. They will be investors with high risk because money will be a strong attraction.
emerging new rules so investors are more cautious to invest. as is being done by the current G20 countries.
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:28:54 AM

Well, all the options which you have personally linked it like Demand, Utility, Network Scarcity, Use are useful for driving the valuation of the cryptocurrency, but the major one which is solely responsible for the ups and downs of the bitcoin is Demand and Supply. Then come the Utility and Network where it is being used on a high scale basis where the demand and supply is been generated. Apart from all these nowadays the news and major announcements are also affecting the bitcoin and other crypto coins.
Yes the demand and supply have a greater effect in the bitcoin price on which everyone wanted to have even it is a high risk there are still many people wanted to use it because of it's uses that everyone can be able to use without having too many requirements. I'm also agree with you that the news are having a big role in crypto market now on which it can help the bitcoin to expose its good platform to the investors so that they are become aware for the bitcoin development and encourage to invest.

neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:17:08 AM

All cryptocurrency price is base in supply and demands the more demands of this coins the higher the value of this and the more people selling there coins the more also lower there price.
Demand and the supply is the only measure which we use to measure the exact market value of any of the coin amongst all the coins which are there or even in determine the market value of any other thing as well. Being newbie, you only need to focus on learning of as many new things as you can and that you need to learn the tactics by getting enough of the trading practice and knowing more things.
pissyas

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:00:28 AM

I think it is important, a potential project and development, we have to pay attention to important factors such as whether the community is strong or not, the project has applications. In particular, whether the development team is strong or not, who they are and who are experienced in this market. These are the very important factors for you to determine whether the coin is valid or not.
Questat

Activity: 2814
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:19:57 AM

I don't really consider a lot of factors in trading so I want to make it simple and easy.
I based on the demand, I mean real demand and since we cannot see it right now, we have to think of the future to know its potential.
I do long term holding of coins that I like and I made sure I do research before buying.

nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:52:27 AM

Demand, I'm sure everything in the world of cryptocurrency especially trading already knows this because crypto is decentral, but lately the demand is driving because the news is so indirectly that it is pushing the value of cryptocurrency.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
wayaneka

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 03:56:40 AM

The price of cryptocurrency depend on the benefits and advantages that they give to the their community, if the coins has many benefits the demand will increasing and offcource the price will rise. Limited supply also will effect the price, the price will fast grow when more demand and will be fast going down when the demand decrease. Learn more about technical  and fundamental analysis also will help to more understand price action of the coins.

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:43:21 AM

All you mentioned are factors in determining the price of any cryptocurrency. I think Demand is the most important of them all. If there is a high demand, prices tends to go high.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: