Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529005 times)
uozer

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

PRiVCY

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:07:56 AM

it is clear that
- their best in UK lawyers left the building - probably due to lack of funds - otherwise an idiot could tell the complication of selling shares
- they are unethical morons, since they are still defending the T&C they changed halfway through, which is plain fraud - because the 70% would be demanded before shipping
- they hold this this news to end of July - so that many deposits would lapse over the 6 months period  (0% refund after 6 months) otherwise they knew the tapeout failure for a long time

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uozer

Activity: 381

PRiVCY

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:10:00 AM

for the one who said "i cant believe someone can do this in UK" - the Akram bros are in a subregion of UK called curry mile - and this is exactly the curry way of doing business in my experience

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:33:45 AM

lol loved the email...so now their offering an olive branch in one hand while reaching into your back packets for your wallet with the other....

For those that were unable to make any sense of it, essentially it was saying "we suckered you guys once, how many of you are stupid enough to let us have a double dipping"?  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:36:44 AM

A Note to Alfa-T Customers and an advice to Alfa-T.

I just read the whole lengthy news update from Alfa-T.
Its extra long and I took the effort to understand it even though I'm not a customer of them.
My first thought is that they came with this "long" update to make the customers physiologically satisfy somewhat.
They think that the length of the update even sooth atleast some of the guys frustrated by this delay.
And the other things I could understand is that they don't even have anything as part of a miner in hand except the "images" of PCB shown earlier.
All of them are outsourced and they act as some kind of a co-ordinator for this.

The main thing anyone could identify is that, they are terribly short of funds and they need it immediately to pay foundry and other suppliers to release the miner.
This kind of a compromised share distribution is the last sort of a company to raise the trust of clients and get them pay the rest of the funds.
The next thing I'm foreseeing is that, if they are not able to get the remaining funds from the customers or failed to arrange some funds otherwise and if some customers feel class action suits or equivalent, Alfa-T will simply collapse and will go bankrupt.

By all these I'm not seeing them as scam since they are trying hardly to deliver.
They could handle it very well without agitating the customers this much.
But they failed in re-assuring customers simply because of their lack of experience, expertise and excellence in handling and communicating with customers.
Still I see some immaturity in their news releases and communication. I will advice respective persons of Alfa-T to hire a good PR agent to handle these things.
Sophokles

Activity: 1204
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:54:40 AM

Quote from: allcoinminer link=topic=314402.msg8115304#msg8115304
I will advice respective persons of Alfa-T to hire a good PR agent to handle these things.

Yeah, like Fiaz...

I come here daily for entertainment. This is like a horrible train wreck. You should't be looking, but can't look away, either. Can't say I didn't see this coming, though.

Still feel bad for you guys losing money, I wish you luck pursuing the legal route.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:06:55 AM

Ok ...let me ramble here a bit to see if I have all this alpha drama straight...

Really long rant... /ignore me if you hate such rants....

As I see this and how it progressed with alpha from last jan 2014 to now (more or less)

1) Alpha takes paypal  and cc on 1st 30% of orders in order to 'prop up' your bona fides as a new business...(hey we take
     paypal and credit cards we are legit)

2) Wait till paypal 45 day period wanes and then the 60 day for most cc companies wanes....

3) Announce that you will NOT ask for $$$ till a prototype is shown and 2 weeks before shipping (I think I remember this right?)
    continue the stall tactics .this works in alpha's favor on the long term

4) The usual you have 5 months till we won't refund ANY of your $$ but we ARE working within the next week or so
     on getting credit card option back  (took 2 or more months) (yech payza ...er not in usa ooops) so you can be protected on the last 70% paid
     trust us we will come thru...

5) Wait until for the majority of folks with a 5 month timeline has passed THEN miraculously...get your bank to offer a cc
    option...turn it on for a week or so to suck 70% of the to be paid $$ to alpha (those doing so thinking they have cc
    protection) then when cc companies come a calling to this new cc merchant account for refunds..contact bank and
    shut it down...you are still golden with the bank..they have no clue..they just think you closed your mind or ran out
    of product...and to stay legit with the bank those who paid in full for a 'new product' or those with cold feet after
    getting on this thread on bitcointalk panic and ask for 70% refunded..give those folks a refund ..BUT continue to deny
    refunds to those previous customers..bank thinks you are legit.....users who punt back in this timeframe have
    no complaints...you sucked up a lot of funds that w/o the miracle of cc option would have stayed lost!    Brilliant!

6) Dexel the Indian chip maker drops alpha off their web page etc...er sometime around here I think...

7) In my case (others have this story also I'm sure) I filled dispute #1 on all the above with American Express..
    Amex tries to contact alpha 45 days I think it was....on my allegations....Alpha sends amex a form saying I
    paid for my alpha product (on 44th day) and amex closes dispute...I contact amex point out alpha  neglected to show on the
   form (unlike the forms for your remaining 70% you need to pay) that it looks like I paid in full for a product...I point out to amex
    that no product (vaporware)  and not paid in full and it is 30% down under paypal and cc protection in jan 2014
    (amex rep is incredulous reading my dispute notes on this) and I can only get my 30% back if I pay the 'supposed' previous
    amex merchant (ALPHA) the last 70% in an unsecured manner ie wire xfer bank xfer etc ..All amex reps are like wow
    what a scam...as a response more or less.....Put in 2nd dispute (this time it is set for 30 days to reply not 45 days
    not sure what amex rep did this.or if due to they got a reply no need for 45 days wait anymore) anyway moving on
    I am still unclear on if I will get an amex refund or not..but they are actively keeping track of this as I inform them
    of the www.coindesk.com article ...and just now alpha's switch from product to stock ..amex continues to be amazed
    or at least I'm dazzling the amex reps on this..supposedly they are fowarding this all to the amex fraud dept as fast as
    I get them no info....we will see

8 Alpha stops communicating at all from like if I remember right 6/2014 till past? July 15th more or less ...dead silence.

9) Announces unbanning of forums users (customers) to set them up as a way to pay in full again pending this next
    announcement..eureka I be alive on alpha forums again (I'm confused mightily... by this briefly) till... (see below)

10) Announcement by alpha that if you PAY IN FULL we will give 30% of company to customers/ it is paypal's fault and dexel
      the chip makers fault....(adding the chip test feature they say to the chip I seem to remember BFL using this line once
      on why their chips were late on 65mm in spring 2013..can't verify this but sounds familiar)....we plan on getting you
      ROI via hashing if we have to...equipment...shares..etc

So to sum all this up...alpha via incompetence (likely they are not too bright) vs scam (unlikely this is too brilliant for them as
a deliberate scam imho..they just can't smart enough) on a 'chance' thought they could maybe??? make a scrypt asic miner
so they get all the funds they can for chip fab etc ahead of time via cc and paypal option....they then cancel such with their
(in my view) illegal TOS that they can keep the $$$ all of it after 5 months..the 30% down payment ..then thru the manipulations
as I've stated above come to this point in time where as..the manufacturing of the product (the chance they took with our $$$)
did not work out.have their latest scam.....

That is alpha now with the 30% of dollars (never to be refunded) and the people that paid in full (also unlikely to be refunded) will
build us a cloud hashing farm and hopefully still scrypt manufacturing business for NO COST to us and in the worst case
in alpha's point of view...  we as the company will keep 70% of the profits etc vs the 30% we give out to those folks in shares who originally
paid 30% down for equip (lost if all that you gave them) and the last 70% or those I should say paid in full on the CHANCE
they may get some $$ back..in the best case from alpha's point of view we not only can 'cloud host' and pay off customers with
this scam ...we can further survive as an scrypt asic manufacturer.in the shadow of KNC and make enough miners to be a large
data farm .......all w/o using any funds of our own and all risk to the silly batch 1 customers...win/win/win alpha!

It is frigging almost at the level of brillance as an asic manufacturer version of bitcoin ..all the angles are covered in alpha's
favor..ALL THE CUSTOMERS no matter what the end game for alpha ...cloud mining.....equipment manufacturing..chip
development...all of it was paid IN FULL by 30% cash down payment they don't have to pay and 100% payment they can't
or won't pay back ..all used for development/building/making of alpha tech w/o use of the original founders of alpha's
hard earned $$$ to use as startup....and in the end if they are really really lucky..they will have the machines to sell or
cloud mine with or whatever and 70% of all profit goes to them and 30% goes to the folks who have no choice and paid
in full and the 30% who did not pay the last 70% .well that is just free money now..
.it was that pure profit off of customer's money that alpha threatens to keep and/or NOT refund
 that got this whole ugly albatross off the ground...the mind boggles at the sheer scope of such a scam/fraud man
the ego of these guys is epic!

as I ponder the above with my jaw slack..

naw I take it back....its a scam...has to be 'evil geniuses' NOBODY could screw up this bad by being inept with this outcome

what a clust*rf*c*    

anyway I leave you with....are you really really gonna pay that last 70% to these clowns even if they do pull off what they plan?
even with somehow a success on the above..they will find a way to get that last 30% of the company back...no way will you
be able to look at their 'real account books' they still will be completely private company...and they probably with more $$
will wind this all up into an even bigger scam with this new found lease on life as alpha corp!

anyway how I see this whole alpha tapestry of shame since jan 2014 till present

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:09:07 AM

- they hold this this news to end of July - so that many deposits would lapse over the 6 months period  (0% refund after 6 months) otherwise they knew the tapeout failure for a long time
Where does it say 0% refund?  I've never seen that...  It was my understanding that after 6 months, you could get a 100% refund minus £70 if they didn't ship.

Cancellation & Refund Policy
Within 0-1 month after receipt of payment: Full deposit will be refunded.
Within 1-3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit will be refunded.
Within 3-5 months after receipt of payment: 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
Please note a cancellation fee of £70 towards handling charges will be applicable along with any cancellation.

Nothing in the T&C says no refunds at 6+ months... Nothing.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:14:43 AM

- they hold this this news to end of July - so that many deposits would lapse over the 6 months period  (0% refund after 6 months) otherwise they knew the tapeout failure for a long time
Where does it say 0% refund?  I've never seen that...  It was my understanding that after 6 months, you could get a 100% refund minus £70 if they didn't ship.

Cancellation & Refund Policy
Within 0-1 month after receipt of payment: Full deposit will be refunded.
Within 1-3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit will be refunded.
Within 3-5 months after receipt of payment: 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
Please note a cancellation fee of £70 towards handling charges will be applicable along with any cancellation.

Nothing in the T&C says no refunds at 6+ months... Nothing.

see thread here for previous posts on people asking for refunds after 5 months and being denied the 30% refund because more then 5 months has passed

don't have the link but there are numerous screen shots of such emails in this thread from alpha stating such....

sorry...but it is true (as one who is past 5 months)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dekodoge

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:25:54 AM

Fiaz: "After feedback from the foundry we now know our chips will perform at a minimum of 1.4 M/hs, we originally advertised 1.2 Mh/s as the lowest possible fully expecting some manner of increase."

just fucking lol, so chips made then yeah?
Xell

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:47:10 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 11:11:41 AM by Xell

You guys best option is to try and report to Action Fraud:

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

You will get nowhere in small claims or with other private legal action if AT refuse to cooperate.

Has anyone visited this address (the old registered office - but clearly residential):

3 MOTCOMBE FARM ROAD
HEALD GREEN
CHEADLE
CHESHIRE
SK8 3RW

Some recently filed documents to CH (save you the $$ paying to get them, PM me for more)
Based on this file it looks like they might have been considering this share option for some time? I'm not a lawyer, perhaps it is linked to the 10%. Over one month ago they were discussing issuing shares to people?
http://postimg.org/image/69tmfonzn/
Also SH01:
http://postimg.org/image/myzkqajb9/
http://postimg.org/image/o2jp293yd/

The law firm they are using is Gately LLP, contact name is Leigh Whittaker http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/leigh-whittaker/28/417/108 at
Ship Canal House
98 King Street
Manchester
M2 4WU

Tele# +44 161 836 7700

Maybe give him a ring about share issue?

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Phorna

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:57:54 AM

Fiaz: "After feedback from the foundry we now know our chips will perform at a minimum of 1.4 M/hs, we originally advertised 1.2 Mh/s as the lowest possible fully expecting some manner of increase."

just fucking lol, so chips made then yeah?

Lies & more lies. Exactly the same they are doing right now.
Phorna

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:19:17 AM

Thing about transparency.

http://imgur.com/vBJ6VBO

He started to talk like a kind of dictator to "ungrateful" people.

Many calls about showing any proof that the tape-out took place actually - unanswered.
fraMI

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:23:43 PM

I just posted this on the Alpha Forum... But I don't think it will last there long, so I am posting it here...

Alpha, you ask us to trust you, yet every time I turn around, something negative shows up.  I'm speaking of the customers INVOICE.   I ask EVERYONE to look at your INVOICE.  Alpha lists everyone's DEPOSIT,  NOT as a deposit ,  but as an  " ORDER DISCOUNT". 
           When it comes TAX time,  just try listing an " ORDER DISCOUNT" as an expense.  I's sure that Alpha has some screwed up reason  for  listing  a " DEPOSIT " as an "ORDER DISCOUNT" ,  but I don't believe it is in the best interest of the customer. ( Maybe it's because you can't REFUND a DISOUNT.)
     If you are going to take my money... At least let me be able to deduct it from my Taxes . Call a DEPOSIT, a DEPOSIT.
Phorna

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:29:19 PM

I just posted this on the Alpha Forum... But I don't think it will last there long, so I am posting it here...

Alpha, you ask us to trust you, yet every time I turn around, something negative shows up.  I'm speaking of the customers INVOICE.   I ask EVERYONE to look at your INVOICE.  Alpha lists everyone's DEPOSIT,  NOT as a deposit ,  but as an  " ORDER DISCOUNT". 
           When it comes TAX time,  just try listing an " ORDER DISCOUNT" as an expense.  I's sure that Alpha has some screwed up reason  for  listing  a " DEPOSIT " as an "ORDER DISCOUNT" ,  but I don't believe it is in the best interest of the customer. ( Maybe it's because you can't REFUND a DISOUNT.)
     If you are going to take my money... At least let me be able to deduct it from my Taxes . Call a DEPOSIT, a DEPOSIT.

Very good notice!
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:34:24 PM

The "order discount" thing could be seen a few different ways, but based on their history and how they've treated people, I would say the most likely is that they chose that phrase on purpose, so they could try and pull the rug out from under folks who want refunds.

The most glaring thing from that stinking update, to me, is that they're saying if you haven't paid in full, you've pretty much forfeited your deposit and your machine will now be resold. This is after they refused to talk to inquiring customers about the stauts of their order, and on ways to pay for their system, and then failed to provide promised methods of payment.

In other words, they outright stole 30% from people.

Next, key in on their interview with coindesk, where they claimed that the deposits were enough to pay for the systems in whole. If this is true, they have fully-paid scrypt mining farm, and may never ship to you folks, and will just make bank off of the equipment until such time it's useless and then sell it at a high cost. This is exactly what BFL did does.

Phorna

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:44:19 PM

The "order discount" thing could be seen a few different ways, but based on their history and how they've treated people, I would say the most likely is that they chose that phrase on purpose, so they could try and pull the rug out from under folks who want refunds.

And to cheat on taxes.  Smiley
fraMI

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:46:18 PM

Just as I suspected,  this post didn't last on the Alpha site for all of 10 minutes...
Phorna

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:48:17 PM

Alpha, you ask us to trust you, yet every time I turn around, something negative shows up.  I'm speaking of the customers INVOICE.   I ask EVERYONE to look at your INVOICE.  Alpha lists everyone's DEPOSIT,  NOT as a deposit ,  but as an  " ORDER DISCOUNT".  
           When it comes TAX time,  just try listing an " ORDER DISCOUNT" as an expense.  I's sure that Alpha has some screwed up reason  for  listing  a " DEPOSIT " as an "ORDER DISCOUNT" ,  but I don't believe it is in the best interest of the customer. ( Maybe it's because you can't REFUND a DISOUNT.)

Just as I suspected,  this post didn't last on the Alpha site for all of 10 minutes...

Here is a copy:

http://imgur.com/CezJsvI

The funny thing is that Fiaz started to delete his own posts as well. He went into deleting frenzy mode again.  Grin
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:56:31 PM

Tampering with evidence again are they ?
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:57:26 PM

So much for turning a new leaf.  Same old Alpha Tech. Still deleting posts.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: