Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:43:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529005 times)
fightalpha

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:36:54 PM

Our fixed fee for this would be £380 which would include the court application fee, preparation of the application and witness statement and attendance at the application hearing by an advocate.

Basically.. "winning" would be 380 GBP, and in my case that fee was recoverable. They also advocated for 8% interest per year because Alpha was being "unreasonable" which was also granted.

I'd ask for a little more clarification on that 'fixed' price, I've paid more than three times that amount to get to the point of the court date and solicitor's attendance fee with them.

The price they mention there is just to get the court application filed and then Alpha get to file whatever defense they think they can muster against it and then it can go to small claims court, whereupon there will be additional fees to pay for the hearing fee and the solicitor's fee to attend it.

Yes, you're right about the court hearing fee, but not about the solicitors fee (that is included in the 380GBP). The court hearing fee is a fee charged directly by the court and it's 150 or so GBP, but it was fully recovered by LPC law as well. Once Alpha is found to be "unreasonable in it's dealings", then almost all legal costs are recoverable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaintRocketis

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:48:45 PM

Looks like Alpha dumped their forum or something.  No longer available.

... Rest assured.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:37:44 PM

CEO shot some people:
http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/24401861/__Dader_aanslag_is_bekende_politie__.html

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:12:01 AM

Looks like Alpha dumped their forum or something.  No longer available.

... Rest assured.

Now wait and see if they delete all of their past "news updates" too. They're trying to erase their tracks, so the lawyers don't have as much ammunition. Too bad about that pesky Wayback Machine and FightAlpha.net...
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:41:30 AM

Looks like Alpha dumped their forum or something.  No longer available.

... Rest assured.
yes seems to have disappeared
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:22:00 PM

I don't see a relation between Akram & Ayoub El Kahzzani, do you?

- -

I guess it was just a matter of time for them to delete their forum.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
giboon29

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:03:50 PM

Looks like AT start paying back money Smiley
fightalpha

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:29:41 AM

Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean, they are refunding voluntarily?
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 09:18:04 PM

Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean, they are refunding voluntarily?

Its a fake posting.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:03:26 AM

News?
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:58:55 AM

News?
Allahu-Akbar
SaintRocketis

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:47:40 AM

... Rest Assured.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:57:38 AM

They needed the place to pack all the miners they are gonna shit out.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:59:15 AM

Can we drop the whole racist thing going in this thread please?

Alpha Tech are not assholes because they have Islamic names, they are assholes because they fucked up and took money for a project they couldn't deliver on and hoped that we'd just shrug our shoulders and walk away.

I recently won in court against them and am waiting for them to pay up. If they refuse then I intend to be just as willing to throw money at getting it out of them as I was in dragging them into court in the first place, because it's just business, but I will not slag them off on the basis of their names or perceived culture, that just makes us guilty of being assholes, too.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
jorgefernandez

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:43:19 PM

Just a heads up, I paid over 1k gbp in total to Small Claims Solicitors and was told each step of way I will get all my money back with the claim process. Even after Judgement and failed 3RD PARTY debt order, I DO NOT  see any money, and I am at an even bigger loss than first. I am told they have no assets either so I have no way of getting my money, and the solicitors cannot do anything now besides from send warning letters to alpha idiots.

MY ADVICE, do not get sucked in by Small claim solicitors, that is job of legal companies to make money.. i am at an even bigger loss now.

I am also thinking if fightalpha has some connection with small claim solicitors because they show success stories but I have not seen proof of any, and they provide step guides which i followed.. I think it is all false pretense and money making game.

Everybody is making money but us the customer is losing money, from all angles.

Why does no1 provide a free way to get money back, why must we put in more money and keep losing money.. it is a scam from all angles.
fightalpha

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:03:21 PM

Just a heads up, I paid over 1k gbp in total to Small Claims Solicitors and was told each step of way I will get all my money back with the claim process. Even after Judgement and failed 3RD PARTY debt order, I DO NOT  see any money, and I am at an even bigger loss than first. I am told they have no assets either so I have no way of getting my money, and the solicitors cannot do anything now besides from send warning letters to alpha idiots.

MY ADVICE, do not get sucked in by Small claim solicitors, that is job of legal companies to make money.. i am at an even bigger loss now.

I am also thinking if fightalpha has some connection with small claim solicitors because they show success stories but I have not seen proof of any, and they provide step guides which i followed.. I think it is all false pretense and money making game.

Why does no1 provide a free way to get money back, why must we put in more money and keep losing money.. it is a scam from all angles.

Jorge, you have a successful Judgement against Alpha-T. That's excellent! I'm sorry you haven't gotten your judgement money yet, but please don't give up! You're so close.

For proof, yes N349 was successful for a couple of our users, see here: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=158.0
Of course, it's possible Alpha caught on to that and moved their money elsewhere. You have other options!!

If you paid through PayPal: one of our users presented PayPal legal with a copy of the Judgement letter, and Alpha refunded them back their money: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=155.0

They definitely DO have assets in PayPal.. paypal has frozen them until they "deliver" their product.

Finally, another one of our users had a 15,000 GBP judgement and issued a "winding up" petition. Alpha paid up IN FULL within a week of issuing the petition. They don't want to get wound up, so that's another option you have to take.

Good luck! You've already won, just be smart don't give up.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:49:44 AM

Jorge, you have a successful Judgement against Alpha-T. That's excellent! I'm sorry you haven't gotten your judgement money yet, but please don't give up! You're so close.

For proof, yes N349 was successful for a couple of our users, see here: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=158.0
Of course, it's possible Alpha caught on to that and moved their money elsewhere. You have other options!!

If you paid through PayPal: one of our users presented PayPal legal with a copy of the Judgement letter, and Alpha refunded them back their money: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=155.0

They definitely DO have assets in PayPal.. paypal has frozen them until they "deliver" their product.

Finally, another one of our users had a 15,000 GBP judgement and issued a "winding up" petition. Alpha paid up IN FULL within a week of issuing the petition. They don't want to get wound up, so that's another option you have to take.

Yes don't give up the fight.  Keep up the good work!
jorgefernandez

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:36:54 PM

Bank Transfer not paypal.

I did the n349 and it cost me money and I did not receive anything.

Issue winding up petition, pay another few thousand pounds?? STOP WITH THE GIVING MORE MONEY advice. I AM NOT paying anymore money for this.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:24:41 AM

I just contacted Pay Pal and they said since my deposit is from over 1 year ago they can't help me. Those funds appear to have been released to Alpha a while ago. She did say their account is suspended.
Maybe someone who gave the deposit in the last year got thier money back. Can you clarify please? And thanks for your continued help here.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:02:59 PM

Still stringing people along  Huh

9/14/2015 Newsletter

We sincerely apologise for getting this update out to you after such a long time. As we have been at a stage where we have just been awaiting system design changes and tweaks there has not been much to update on; as these have been more technical than physical so we do not have much to show.

We had originally planned to have our devices already shipped, as said in our previous update we have all our chips ready; the only delay was getting the system design so we are manufacturing and assembly ready. We had sent our system design for review before manufacturing to a UK based company who are experts in system design, they had found flaws in the system design which was made by the Indian design team. We were told if we were to take our design for manufacturing there would be serious issues. Therefore, we have contracted this UK based company to commit to making these on both the 50Mh/s and 250Mh/s systems.

The technical recommendations and changes are summarised below:

Design analysis shows that the issues found can be solved by bill of material (BOM) and hardware changes. The proposed solutions need to be tested on a prototype to verify that the proposed solution is effective.
DFM review shows that an update to the PCB is needed before going into mass production.
System analysis shows that the Enpirion power supply can be used as an alternative power supply solution to the Texas Instrument power supply without compromising cost and performance. Recommendations for future expansion are also considered.
Recommended that the USB port at the back of the data miner system be reallocated as a USB to serial interface. Having a freely accessible serial interface would be useful in scenarios requiring emergency recovery due to an invalid network setting rendering the system inaccessible via Ethernet. One such solution would be to use an appropriate FTDI USB to serial transceiver.

Towards the end of July these changes were sent to our Indian design team so they could implement them and send prototypes back to the UK based team. The Indian design team is days away from completion, once these changes are made we will start manufacturing and shipping in phases; the 50Mh/s devices first and then the larger devices.

We truly apologise for the delays and are doing the best we can to ship ASAP. We have been with our original designers from the start and it is difficult to change contractors if they have first hand knowledge of our chip and system design, this knowledge dates back since 2013 with our FPGA design. But now when we have hit the stage of the project where we have had the chance to slowly hand-over our designs to a UK based company we are seeing positive signs and progression.

When developing a new technology from a white-paper and concept, there are bound to be delays which we cannot anticipate, unfortunately we were hit by these delays. As this was a pre-order project we did make customers aware most of the work was yet to be completed. I also believe there are currently no other scrypt-based miners being shipped from any competitors, so when we do ship I believe customers would be delighted to finally have our product in-hand. Finally there is something very important to me that I want to make mention of, my intention is to try to compensate all batch 1 customers (including those refunded) in the future with our further projects.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram

Managing Director

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: